Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Jeff Green to Toronto??

Hey guys been awhile since I posted but didn't see anything on this trade rumour and thought I just may throw it out to see your reactions to it.

Here is the link:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/33...he-nba-season/

Personally I would not mind this considering what were giving up as long as the draft pick is protected probably till the mid to low first round. (may 15-20ish). The chuck hayes and fields contractswould be of minimal loss to us as they are not rotation guys.
    It would also give us some length and bulk at three to guard some of the lebron's and joe johnson's of the world while moving terrence to the second unit till he provides more consistency.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Jeff Green to Toronto??

I think Masai holds onto the expiring deals and picks. Green is just a poor man's Rudy Gay. He's very inconsistent on both ends of the floor.

I don't see the Raptors making a move yet, but it won't be for Green.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I don't think the Raptors make a deal yet either unless it's for an established All-Star (once again, my dream of Al Horford). A lot of things are up in the air at the SF and PF spots though.

Amir will be a free agent and while he's a good player to have, it wouldn't hurt to upgrade that spot and have Amir as the primary PF/C coming off the bench. It also depends on his price in the offseason.

Ross is also the most likely guy to be traded from the active roster if a deal for an established player comes along. Then there's thte mystery that is Bruno. We have no clue what the plan for him is.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

Not a rumour, just a baseless prediction. It'd be an interesting idea, though.

I think there are 2 really good free agent targets for the raps next season.
    1. Jeff Green
    2. Paul Milsap

I am hoping we can grab one of them (Milsap is my first choice). But no need to trade an asset for him at this point. The nice thing about Green is that he can play the four if Amir gets hurt, but right now who's spot does he take?

Ross? JJ? I just don't see it right now. I wouldn't want to trade anything of value for him because he can become a free agent next year. The best I would offer them is a lottery protected draft pick and an expiring contract.

Local High School Star

I think everyone is overlook Monroe at the 4 who signed a 1 year QO if I recall correctly.

He would be a UFA next season.

I don't know if GMonroe is a max player (I don't think so) but he seems to be unhappy with the situation in Detroit. Further he has "near and overlooked all star numbers" much like many of the players on the current squad.

While Amir, Hansborough, Hayes all bring something as bigs it is mostly those contracts that expire (in addition to Landry).

Personally I hope Amir wants to stay and can work something out within the cap space but Amir is not young anymore and his ankles are questionable.

I think Monroe would be plan 1b subject to other less probable targets.

Local High School Star

I would stay far away from Jeff Green. James Johnson has been great this season and does everything Green does at a much cheaper price.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    I would stay far away from Jeff Green. James Johnson has been great this season and does everything Green does at a much cheaper price.
    I love JJ, but dude can't shoot for Sh!t. Jeff Green is a much better offensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerap
    I love JJ, but dude can't shoot for Sh!t. Jeff Green is a much better offensive player.
    Green doesn't play anywhere close to good defensively as JJ does.

Did you see the game where Green was guarding Derozan? He completely shut him down.

Doesn't matter though. JJ is a back up. He is most effective in that roll. JG is a starter. They both can play on the same team. (both are capable of playing the 3 or 4) so they can even be on the court together.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Green kinda scares me, in that it would most likely mean a trade of Ross. What this raptors team needs to do is get bigger inside and find a legit power forward. I'd love Millsap, but would even make due with a 34 year old David West to be flipped for hayes and fields. I'd start him with Val and bring Amir and Patterson off the bench. I'm tired of getting abused inside by the Bulls of the world.

My vote is West now, or Millsap first and Monroe second in free agency.

I don't know why the Raptors would go after Monroe. He's a center playing PF and he would just be redundant with JV. I know he and Amir are close friends, but I just don't see the fit.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

He would be a fit, only if he could play with JV and Amir. He would have to provide back to the basket scoring, defence, and maybe, most importantly, defensive rebounding. We need to get bigger up front.
    Or Casey has to start letting JV play and work through foul trouble. If he is not going to play in crunch time, why does he get yanked early. Give him his 28 minutes in the first 3 and a half quarters. Put him back out there with the second unit and give him touches. Guy won't develop if he has an immediate hook.

IMO, T-Ross has a very low ceiling. He's not a gifted passer/playmaker. His defense which was being raved about last year is just average to slightly above average to me. All he's good for is a spot up 3 or a highlight dunk. There's no in between game. So i'm all for trading him if the right opportunity presents iself.

I agree with Beast. The just of Ross' good games are all because of that 3 point shot. He hasn't been able to provide some good defense nor hashe been able to create his own shot. But put someone in the starting lineup that could guard the perimeter, create his own shot and still be able to shoot that 3, would probably be best at this current time.