Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Has Wade Ever Been The BEST Player in Basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Wade averaged 38pts on 54% shooting vs the Magic in 2009 and Lebron dropped 38/8/8 on them in the Conference Finals that's a black mark against Kobe.
    In 2010 Wade dropped 33/6/7 on 56% shooting on the Celtics in the 2010 Playoffs another black mark on Kobe's Titles as the man.
    I'm speaking about the calls and non calls per officiating. None of these are "black marks" against Kobe, to be honest.

He and the refs were for about 7 weeks during May and June of 2006, but no, not really in the sense you're describing.

He wasn't the clear cut #1 player in the regular season or playoffs in 2011, but he had the best combination of both that season. He was also having a monster individual season in terms of production before he got injured in 2007. His 2007 and 2008 injured seasons completely hurt his momentum after what Miami did in 2006. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    He and the refs were for about 7 weeks during May and June of 2006, but no, not really in the sense you're describing.
    You tried.

College superstar

pretty much. all the red-herrings in the world won't take away the rigged finals, and the manufacturing of wade's "super" in star.

Wait, so now people are complaining about the officiating in the EC playoffs? I take it the biased officiating carried over to '07 when he was averaging 29/8/6 and was the MVP frontrunner before getting injured? I guess he must have got all the calls in the '05 playoffs when he torched everyone then too? What about his rookie year when he led his team to the semi's? Must have been the officiating. Please tell me when you think Wade was fairly officiated.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by handbanana
    not what i'm seeing here: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_top_10.html

wade was #1 in per in 2006
    you quoted the wrong year as another poster mentioned.

wade has NEVER lead the league in either winshares, PER or RAPM (which just measures impact)

people are talking about "skills", but wade has never had the skills to matchup with kobe or lebron, hence him never being mentioned in the same breath. the stats are just icing on the proverbial cake.

tmac and wade, the more i think about it, is actually a more apt comparison in hindsight (made a thread on this a few nights ago - feel free to check that out, OP).

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by insidious301
    I'm speaking about the calls and non calls per officiating. None of these are "black marks" against Kobe, to be honest.
    You never said anything about the calls and mentioned how Lebron averaged 40 on the Mavs and Kobe dropped 62 in 3 quarters.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    you quoted the wrong year as another poster mentioned.

wade has NEVER lead the league in either winshares, PER or RAPM (which just measures impact)

people are talking about "skills", but wade has never had the skills to matchup with kobe or lebron, hence him never being mentioned in the same breath. the stats are just icing on the proverbial cake.

tmac and wade, the more i think about it, is actually a more apt comparison in hindsight (made a thread on this a few nights ago - feel free to check that out, OP).
    Wade lead the League in PER in 2007.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Wade lead the League in PER in 2007.
    he missed practically half the season, but dually noted.

Decent college freshman

pretty much. all the red-herrings in the world won't take away the rigged finals, and the manufacturing of wade's "super" in star.
    A Lebron Stan arguing about calls from the refs

Decent college freshman

he missed practically half the season, but dually noted.
    Still lead the League though and he had a PER of 30+ before his injury which is better than what he ended with.

Wade had more of a case in 2009 than any other year, although his playoffs left a lot to be desired.

I actually used to be a pretty big Wade fan, but when you REALLY look at his overall career, he's more overrated than underrated. Dude has 10+ years on his legs, but many seasons where he was either injured or took games off (this during his physical peak).

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Wade had more of a case in 2009 than any other year, although his playoffs left a lot to be desired.

I actually used to be a pretty big Wade fan, but when you REALLY look at his overall career, he's more overrated than underrated. Dude has 10+ years on his legs, but many seasons where he was either injured or took games off (this during his physical peak).
    He missed 60 Games from 2006-2008 he was healthy all the other years. 04-06 & 08-11 which should be considered his Physical Peak/Prime.

Decent college freshman

easily the best player in 2006