Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default last night's game drew a 32.0 rating locally in Cleveland and 10.1 rating in Atlanta

Game three of the Eastern Conference Finals, an overtime thriller between the Atlanta Hawks and Cleveland Cavaliers drew a 5.5 overnight rating on TNT. That

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: last night's game drew a 32.0 rating locally in Cleveland and 10.1 rating in Atlanta

LeBron James is must watch T.V.

Default Re: last night's game drew a 32.0 rating locally in Cleveland and 10.1 rating in Atlanta

atlanta

NBA lottery pick

Seattle sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Seattle sounds about right.
    LeBron likes that idea, take away the 3rd best team in the east and put them in the west.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    LeBron likes that idea, take away the 3rd best team in the east and put them in the west.
    Would have to move a West team over, obviously. The Grizzlies are further east than some East teams. East instantly becomes better, win-win.

Lower income in Chocolate City? You think that city would be all over basketball given the demographics. But it's more an east coast city, mid west, and west coast city game. Not really a sport that thrives down south.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Lower income in Chocolate City? You think that city would be all over basketball given the demographics. But it's more an east coast city, mid west, and west coast city game. Not really a sport that thrives down south.
    Down South? My dude, you do realize "Chocolate City" is Washington DC right?

Banned

Hawks fans got a life.

I cant find my Atlanta is terrible sports town thread

Cleveland is one of the most dedicated fanbases when it comes to watching their teams. Not really surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Down South? My dude, you do realize "Chocolate City" is Washington DC right?
    It's just an allegory for a city being dark. I've heard it in reference to Detroit, DC, and ATL. Doesn't really matter, the point of what I said remains.

I don't understand why Basketball isn't popular in Atlanta. Is it popular at the street level? I guess I just assumed that a city which is 50% African American would have a lot of ballers and basketball fans.

NBA Legend

In all honesty, white people tend to watch the NBA more than black people. Also, northern and midwestern cities tend to be more supportive of their sports teams than warmer southern cities. So it's really not that surprising.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

black people are not fanatical about sports (watching, rooting supporting, overly emotionally connected) in the way white people are from a fandom POV. Basically, black people play sports but it ends there.