Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Reggie jackson to sign 5-year, $80 million.

Letting him sit is not ideal - and let's be honest, half way through last year Jennings was playing in my opinion the best basketball of his career. He actually looked like a floor general and not just a gun slinger / rucker park player...

I just have a hard time believing Jennings is going to be "OK" as being a back up at this stage in his career, and can see him creating more problems than it's worth.

If we have learnt anything, SVG is not afraid to make ballsy moves i.e Josh Smith,

I'd be happy to sacrifice talent (jennings) for a better fit (role playing back up PG), addition by subtraction in my eyes,

I'm in total agreeance. He surprised the crap out of me, the waybhe played once Josh Smith was cut.

But my situation was purely a hypothetical to gagain assets. Hell, i was very disappointed when we got rid od Augustine. He was playing VERY well until Jennings came back and took his minutes.

I'm stating it makes no sense for my hypothetical to give a pick away and get ririd of Jennings when we can just let him sit & keep our pick. His contract is up after this year.

I'd be more than happy to get Augustine back. He's a fellow Longhorn.

There are teams out there that still need starting calibre point guards, and we have one (Jennings) that is available - i'm sure we will be able to sort something out and get at-least something back in return.

Mavs / Rockets / Pacers / Knicks are all teams that Jennings would slide straight into a starting slot.

Mavs and Rockets are both title contenders with huge holes at PG, Jennings would be a great fit (especially in Dallas)

Pacers are probably slightly rebuilding now that West and Hibs are leaving, so maybe not the most sense, but pairing Jennings and Ellis would be fun,

Hibbert / West / George / Ellis / Jennings would have made some SERIOUS noise in the East this year one would think...

Robin Lopez
    Porzingas
    Carmelo
    Afflalo
    Jennings

In a weak East that team would also be on the rise, make the playoffs (one would think) and add some excitement back to such a disappointing few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    There are teams out there that still need starting calibre point guards, and we have one (Jennings) that is available - i'm sure we will be able to sort something out and get at-least something back in return.

Mavs / Rockets / Pacers / Knicks are all teams that Jennings would slide straight into a starting slot.

Mavs and Rockets are both title contenders with huge holes at PG, Jennings would be a great fit (especially in Dallas)

Pacers are probably slightly rebuilding now that West and Hibs are leaving, so maybe not the most sense, but pairing Jennings and Ellis would be fun,

Hibbert / West / George / Ellis / Jennings would have made some SERIOUS noise in the East this year one would think...

Robin Lopez
    Porzingas
    Carmelo
    Afflalo
    Jennings

In a weak East that team would also be on the rise, make the playoffs (one would think) and add some excitement back to such a disappointing few years.
    I would love for Jennings to go to the Pacers. But for the opposite reason. There would be 3 ball dominant players starting in Indiana at that point. George, imo, is one of the best high tier SF playing off the ball, but still needs the ball. I never saw Jennings as a floor general that could pace the game. He can run a play. But does he make the best decisions? And Ellis, who did a great job taking a smaller role in Dallas, would have to slide back even more.

That sounds like a disaster to me.

Him in NY would be similar in that Melo is the second most ball dominant player in the league.

Basically, Jennings either needs to get a coach to get through to him or go to a team that has athleticism and let him do his thing. Otherwise, i don't feel it will work.

The 50+ pt game when he was a rookie is probably the worst thing that could have happened to him.

Decent college freshman

I'd probably trade Jennings for Calderon fwiw.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker

Robin Lopez
    Porzingas
    Carmelo
    Afflalo
    Jennings

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/fantasy...tured-achilles

^^ Yup, exactly why we should look to move him on, too...

Dallas have taken a huge risk with Wes with the amount they have given him, geez, maybe pair him in the backcourt and they can rehab together ;)

NBA lottery pick

The Pistons have really been taking some heat from the press for the Jackson deal. Here's one I just read.
    http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the...?ref=YF&tpl=op

Yeah was bound to happen, he is an easy target for the media just because all contracts appear insanely inflated (which they are) due to the incoming new cap -

I think we would all rather Reggie than Knight, and Knight is 5 years 70 mill, compared to Reggie 5 year 80 mill...

Not surprised by the backlash, and it could be true Pistons were bidding against themselves in the end - we probably could have got him cheaper - but I think SVG would see's much more value in a happy Reggie than a disgruntled Reggie,

Only one way to prove the haters wrong - make or break season for him (and us, really). If this works then we work, if it doesn't, then hrmmm....

0-8 threes today by Reggie, unacceptable...

Not the fact that he missed 8 threes, but the fact he put 8 threes up is unacceptable.

Know your strengths and play to them - I don't mind 4 or 5 three attempts by Reggie if he is open, but 8 - No