Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain releases September 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    And one last complaint in regards to the twist (spoilers in white):
    spoilers in white

[COLOR="White"]Big Boss says the medic was his best soldier, so he wasn't just any random dude. They give him all of Big Boss' memories through hypnosis while he's in a coma, so he shares Big Boss' experience (just like the player).

Also, how does rookie Raiden take out 20 ****ing Metal Gears in MGS 2? As you said, because video games.[/COLOR]

I will say the story isn't anywhere near as good as MGS 2...I can't believe that shit came out in 2001. The last act was unlike anything I've seen in any game, movie, or TV show.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 10-09-2015 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I've only played 2 and 3 before TPP. I'd rank them:
    You need to get on 1 and then 4 asap, just for the experience of the story 1st hand. Are you guys playing MGO?

Banned

Yeah, I have. Very mediocre. Not something I want to play much of, which I was originally planning to do.

Banned

I've only played 2 and 3 before TPP. I'd rank them:

V > 2 = 3

Can't decide between 2 and 3. MGS 2 definitely has my favorite story in the series, but the top down stealth gameplay is a bit archaic (but still charming in it's own way).

I know V is pretty controversial among hardcore MGS fans, but I would put it in my top 5 all time. I'm a big fan of stealth games, and TPP is just pure perfection in terms of stealth gameplay.

Absolutely loved Kiefer's performance too. I wish we could get another game with him.
    Well, it is a product of its time. Can't really compare it to today's gameplay.

I agree with you on your last two paragraphs. Not that V is top 5 all-time, but that stealth gameplay is pure bliss. So much replayibility.

The complaints about Kiefer were always overblown. Enjoyed him in Ground Zeroes, LOVED him in The Phantom Pain. He is hundred percent Big Boss to me now. David Hayter is still Solid Snake, always, but he never should have been Boss in the first place, but whatever.

Kiefer was a great choice by Kojima. Sounded very menacing, sounded like a veteran leader. If they ever do an MG 1 and 2 remake on the Fox Engine, I want him back.

Banned

spoilers in white

I will say the story isn't anywhere near as good as MGS 2...I can't believe that shit came out in 2001. The last act was unlike anything I've seen in any game, movie, or TV show.
    Yeah I guess that's fair, but it just sounds weird to me that (white) [COLOR="White"]some "medic" with no real backstory is actually a stealth master who saves the world from nuclear destruction. He may have been Boss' best soldier, but he's still just an MSF medic. Raiden had been handpicked and trained by the "perfect clone" of Big Boss since he was a child and still ended up losing vs. those Metal Gears[/COLOR].

Whatever, vidya gaymes.

At first, I didn't love MGS 2 that much. Now, it's quickly rising up my list. I've started to warm up to it's crazy campy bosses and convoluted story after a few months since I played it.

Home of the 16

I'll be back to finish off the storymode. It's been 2 weeks, I think. #ForSnake

Does anyone else think the online mode is pretty mediocre? Doesn't really matter since the single player is excellent but I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Does anyone else think the online mode is pretty mediocre? Doesn't really matter since the single player is excellent but I'm pretty underwhelmed.
    It's reeeally bland. Couldn't play it for more than a day.

Just got the FOB missions. Is there any point to this? I get that I can steal another person's soldiers but... sneaking around the base isn't that fun. Too much line of sight for enemy soldiers and repetition in the level.

Just got the FOB missions. Is there any point to this? I get that I can steal another person's soldiers but... sneaking around the base isn't that fun. Too much line of sight for enemy soldiers and repetition in the level.
    No. In fact, I would play offline so I didn't get invaded.

Banned

I don't think I ever bothered with FOBs. Not once.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I don't think I ever bothered with FOBs. Not once.
    Good to know.

Just beat Ep. 30 and started Chapter II.

They really gonna make me re-play all the Chapter I missions? Seriously? Seems like a BS way to extend the game's length.

Also does anyone ever play as a character other than Big Boss, I don't see the point?

Make sure you do this if you're interested in the story:

- do the side ops where you rescue former motherbase soldiers

- develop medical platform

- After building the medical platform, go there and climb up towards the top, you will see a blue door that will open for you. Walk through that door and straight ahead there will be another door with a button to push

Just do it. It will blow your ****ing mind.

Oh shit, I don't think I did the medical platform thing? Is it too late now?

Anyway, this game, as stated earlier, probably has GOAT mechanics. But some of the issues (enemies are blind to snake when he's prone, repetition, having to re-play old missions... seriously? do I seriously need to replay all those old missions on higher difficulty?) prevent it from being a 10/10.

Also I have no idea what the hell is going on in the story.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 12-18-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Good to know.

Just beat Ep. 30 and started Chapter II.

They really gonna make me re-play all the Chapter I missions? Seriously? Seems like a BS way to extend the game's length.

Also does anyone ever play as a character other than Big Boss, I don't see the point?

Oh shit, I don't think I did the medical platform thing? Is it too late now?

Anyway, this game, as stated earlier, probably has GOAT mechanics. But some of the issues (enemies are blind to snake when he's prone, repetition, having to re-play old missions... seriously? do I seriously need to replay all those old missions on higher difficulty?) prevent it from being a 10/10.

Also I have no idea what the hell is going on in the story.
    You don't have to do the replays. Totally optional.

And no, I don't think it's too late to do the thing on the medical platform. It's connected to the wandering motherbase soliders side ops.

Banned

do side ops instead of replays, story will still continue