Banned

Default Re: Best Shooting Guards in 4 Years

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    1. Wade
    2. Roy
    3. JR Smith
    4. Kobe

People saying Eric Gordon is like Ben Gordon have no idea. Eric Gordon is already a way more physical player, plays better defense and hasn't shown the clutchness Ben has. It's just THE thing to say because they share a last name.

Lol at 31 a Prime Wade will be doing what he is now, no way in hell unless having a bad injury Roy will be better then him, I can see Roy being a 27, 6 and 7 player in his prime but he will not be better then Dwyane

HI

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Lol at 31 a Prime Wade will be doing what he is now, no way in hell unless having a bad injury Roy will be better then him, I can see Roy being a 27, 6 and 7 player in his prime but he will not be better then Dwyane
    I know which is why I'm baffled at people even putting Roy above Wade.

Saw a basketball once BBall Allstar's Avatar

1. Wade
    2. Mayo
    3. Roy
    4. Tony Allen

Quote Originally Posted by -M-I
    I know which is why I'm baffled at people even putting Roy above Wade.

Don't get me wrong I love waching Roy, he is a great player and is a really smart basketball player, but I don't think he will simply be as good as Wade in 4 years. He should be better then Kobe because Kobe will be 35 years old, but Kobe is Kobe, and I think he can play till late 30's at a really efficient rate.

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    predict the top 5 shooting guards in 4 years time

1. O.J. Mayo
    2. Brandon Roy
    3. Dwayne Wade
    4. Kobe Bryant
    5. Eric Gordon
    Predictions are fun for some of us - but that is all they are - fun to make.

1. O.J. Mayo
    2. Brandon Roy (Isn't he a combo guard?)
    3. Dwayne Wade
    4. J.R. Smith (or D. Rose - if he is considered a combo guard)
    5. Eric Gordon

Kobe will be pushing 35 in 4 years time (He is pushing 31 as I post) - so I'll make him number#6 on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    then you are a blind homer...seriously
    If you actually watched the way Kobe plays you wouldn't be so blind to realise Kobe will still be a very good player at age 34...don't call me a homer when that is something I have never been.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    So your telling me someone that scores 20PPG is a top 5 at their position?

Just because Ray Allen is an All-Star also means nothing. Is he a top 5 SG? No he isn't, and odds are greatly against Kobe being a top 5 SF at the age of 35.
    Tim Duncan, KG *cough cough*

Kobe in 5 years wouldn't need to average a boat load of points by then Bynum will hopfully be that go to guy. You don't need to average 30 a game to be considered top tier. And since when was Kobe a small forward? there are some quailty players coming up but with Kobe's work ethic no reason why he can't still be right up there with the best.
    Last edited by All Net; 04-14-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net

Kobe in 5 years wouldn't need to average a boat load of points by then Bynum will hopfully be that go to guy. You don't need to average 30 a game to be considered top tier.
    Duncan is the Big Fundamental, so no **** he is effective at age 32. Kevin Garnett is also 32 and will be 33 sometime next month. And on top of that, the talent pool is much deeper for shooting guard, than it is for power forward, making it tougher for Kobe to remain at the top 5 at his position at the age of 34 versus Duncan and KG still being top 5 at their position at the age of 32.

Like earlier said, stop being a blind homer.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Duncan is the Big Fundamental, so no **** he is effective at age 32. Kevin Garnett is also 32 and will be 33 sometime next month. And on top of that, the talent pool is much deeper for shooting guard, than it is for power forward, making it tougher for Kobe to remain at the top 5 at his position at the age of 34 versus Duncan and KG still being top 5 at their position at the age of 32.

Like earlier said, stop being a blind homer.
    Like Duncan, Kobe doesn't depend on his jumping abilty to be effective..he is a smart player who knows how to get in position to be effective. Has nothing to do with being a homer as I'm clearly not...it's about reading how certain players play and Kobe has the base to still be good in 5 years time...time will tell I suppose. Alot can change all depends how strong kobe's motivation is.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net

Kobe in 5 years wouldn't need to average a boat load of points by then Bynum will hopfully be that go to guy. You don't need to average 30 a game to be considered top tier. And since when was Kobe a small forward? there are some quailty players coming up but with Kobe's work ethic no reason why he can't still be right up there with the best.
    TODAY, Duncan (4/25/76) is about to turn 33 and KG (5/19/76) will turn 33 about 3 1/2 weeks after Timmy. "cough cough". Are they really playing as good as they did 4 or 5 years ago? Kobe - in 4 or 5 years (pushing 35 or 36) will be older than them by a few years!

1. Dwyane Wade
    2. Brandon Roy
    3. Kobe Bryant
    4. Eric Gordon
    5. O.J. Mayo

Kobe will still be a Top SG in 4-5 Years. No doubt.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by jinsanity
    True, Jordan at 35 was still the best player in the game. Therefore its not farfetched that a 34 year old Kobe will be ONE OF the top players in the game, although unlike Jordan, I don't think he will be THE TOP player.

Kobe at 34 would be in his 17th year in the league and 18th year for 35. That would be a ton of more mileage on his knees/legs than Jordan had at 34-35.