Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can you name a top10 GOAT who'd lost in his 1st two Finals appearances?*

Lebrawn. 11 years in the league, 5 time finals appearance

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Can you name a top10 GOAT who'd lost in his 1st two Finals appearances?*

ceteris paribus, making the finals is categorically better than not making the finals you ****ing troglodytes.

lebron james (if one were to rank him over west, oscar, and hakeem)

Quote Originally Posted by EwingMan
    ceteris paribus, making the finals is categorically better than not making the finals you ****ing troglodytes.

lebron james (if one were to rank him over west, oscar, and hakeem)

No, because none of them were good enough to carry the worst supporting cast in NBA Finals history to get there, as 21 year olds.... at that timeframe with similar casts they were either missing the playoffs or losing around the 1st round...

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Can you name how many top 10 GOAT's took four years to post a winning record or get out of the first round? See how this game can be played in other directions?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

And w/o Shaq, Big-Z, West, plus Varejao and Mo Williams both missing more than half the season with injuries and a new coach/system.
    Won 66 games without Shaq, were on I believe a 64 win pace without Big Z after he was traded for Jamison, and Andy and Mo were healthy as the team had the worst record in the league....then they went down.

I wonder if people even believe their bullshit about those teams.

Talking about 37 year old Shaq playing 23 minutes a night while missing 30 games. And old Big Z putting up 7 on 44% shooting while only starting 6 games anyway coming off the bench for 20 minutes for the part of the season he wasnt waiting out his 30 days to return after being shipped out while the team won at a legendary pace without him. Delonte west started 2 games for the celtics the next season. Hes only had 35 starts in the 4 years since he left the Cavs. Probably because he had to sign with the Texas Legends in the Dleague and then china.

Talking Mo williams like they didnt go 1-22 with him at one point. Acting like they didnt go 8-23 before Andy went down. They were 1-17 his last 18 games and Mo was still there!

There wasnt one player who had anything to do with them being above a 30 win team who wasnt Lebron.

Cut the bullshit.

It's better to make the finals young and lose than to not make them at all going to the finals is an accomplishment in my mind. Why the hate?

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Won 66 games without Shaq, were on I believe a 64 win pace without Big Z after he was traded for Jamison, and Andy and Mo were healthy as the team had the worst record in the league....then they went down.

I wonder if people even believe their bullshit about those teams.

Talking about 37 year old Shaq playing 23 minutes a night while missing 30 games. And old Big Z putting up 7 on 44% shooting while only starting 6 games anyway coming off the bench for 20 minutes for the part of the season he wasnt waiting out his 30 days to return after being shipped out while the team won at a legendary pace without him. Delonte west started 2 games for the celtics the next season. Hes only had 35 starts in the 4 years since he left the Cavs. Probably because he had to sign with the Texas Legends in the Dleague and then china.

Talking Mo williams like they didnt go 1-22 with him at one point. Acting like they didnt go 8-23 before Andy went down. They were 1-17 his last 18 games and Mo was still there!

There wasnt one player who had anything to do with them being above a 30 win team who wasnt Lebron.

Cut the bullshit.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

And I swear Lebron has the most absurd criticisms. Its not if you won a grip of rings and so on....its if you lost before you won? As if everyone but Bill Russell didnt? Well I guess they lost well before the finals which is better...to people high off inhalants. The manufactured never heard before reasons to hate this guy sees are laughable.

Hes in his 5th finals at 29 with no signs of him getting worse any time soon.

And if they lose to whoever domes out...people(idiots) are actually going to go crazy and pretend that having made 5 finals and 2 two rings before age 30 is not only unimpressive....but something to get clowned over.

The way hes hated on by his detractors it seems they hold him to standards beyond those of his fans. You would have to believe a player is the best ever to laugh at going 3-5 or 2-5 in the finals having had only one team underachieve in 10 years.

This is the first generation of alltime great where the laughable claims of haters will be saved for all time. Reading some of these topics when hes got 5 MVPS, 14 all nba teams, 18 all star games, 7 trips to the finals for 3-5 rings, 35,000 points scored, and owns the Cleveland Browns will be hilarious.

All of which would have seemed a stretch years ago...but....entirely possible at the moment.

And there would still be people saying he underachieved.

And I swear Lebron has the most absurd criticisms. Its not if you won a grip of rings and so on....its if you lost before you won? As if everyone but Bill Russell didnt? Well I guess they lost well before the finals which is better...to people high off inhalants. The manufactured never heard before reasons to hate this guy sees are laughable.

And if they lose to whoever domes out...people(idiots) are actually going to go crazy and pretend that having made 5 finals and 2 two rings before age 30 is not only unimpressive....but something to get clowned over.

The way hes hated on by his detractors it seems they hold him to standards beyond those of his fans. You would have to believe a player is the best ever to laugh at going 3-5 or 2-5 in the finals having had only one team underachieve in 10 years.

This is the first generation of alltime great where the laughable claims of haters will be saved for all time. Reading some of these topics when hes got 5 MVPS, 14 all nba teams, 18 all star games, 7 trips to the finals for 3-5 rings, 35,000 points scored, and owns the Cleveland Browns will be hilarious.

All of which would have seemed a stretch years ago...but....entirely possible at the moment.

Truth

I hate Lebron but you have to respect what he's done. These crazy mother****ers have me defending one of my least favorite players

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Anfernee's Avatar

The first name that popped in my head was Shaq.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Anfernee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anfernee
    The first name that popped in my head was Shaq.
    My bad, you said first two, I thought first.