Default Maccabi Tel Aviv Vs. Olimpia Milan In Chicago - First All Euroleague Game In USA

The first All Euroleague game (Euroleague team versus Euroleague team) in the USA, takes place tonight between the Israeli League club Maccbi Tel Aviv and the Italian League club Olimpia Milan.

Here are the details:

http://www.euroleague.net/world-tour...mla6fjg9v4fa5s

Maccabi, Milan ready for Euro Classic tonight!

The countdown to tip off of the very first "Euro Classic" Game at Chicago's United Center is underway. At 19:00 local time, Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv and Olimpia Milan meet to continue the action on the Euroleague Basketball World Tour 2015.

The game will be broadcast far and wide with coverage in Israel (Sport5), Italy (Fox Sports), the United States (ESPN 3), Mexico (SKY Mexico) and in both Croatia and Serbia (Sportklub).

Both teams had mid-morning shoot arounds at the United Center, after which head coaches Guy Goodes of Maccabi and Jasmin Repesa of Milan lectured at a coaching clinic. Among those in attendance for the clinic was former Euroleague champ with Maccabi Deon Thomas, who today is an assistant coach at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

A basketball-loving crowd should be arriving shortly at the United Center to witness European basketball history on what Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel officially proclaimed to be “Euroleague Basketball World Tour Day in Chicago.”

=============================================

Supposedly, this is going to be a normal thing from now on, with Euroleague teams regularly playing each other in the USA, in NBA arenas during the preseason from now on. And also supposedly, the Euroleague has plans to play official season Euroleague games in the USA at NBA arenas in the future, just like how the NBA plays some NBA games during the season in London now.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-01-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Maccabi Tel Aviv Vs. Olimpia Milan In Chicago - First All Euroleague Game In USA

Will the teams be taking this game seriously or it's just another exhibition?

Default Re: Maccabi Tel Aviv Vs. Olimpia Milan In Chicago - First All Euroleague Game In USA

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Will the teams be taking this game seriously or it's just another exhibition?
    I honestly have no idea. It's a preseason game for both teams. The Italian League, Israeli League, and Euroleague have not started yet.

I would assume that since this is obviously the Euroleague trying to market its brand in USA and obviously trying to get into USA TV market (that's the objective behind this), that the teams have been told to take the game seriously and play hard.

However, since it's still preseason, of course it can't be treated exactly the same way by the coaches. Which is just a given. But that's why the Euroleague has its objective supposedly of eventually playing some regular season games in USA also. Because then the teams of course have to play the games completely normal.

Banned

Red face Re: Maccabi Tel Aviv Vs. Olimpia Milan In Chicago - First All Euroleague Game In USA

Are you going this this Euroleague ?

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

My cousin is at the United Center. He just tweeted me that they are watching some rec league teams play right now, and he can't wait for the main event.