Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Is LeBron to Chicago what The Bad Boys were to Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    I still can't believe LeBron beat a fully healthy Bulls by himself last year

No Love, hobbled kyrie still won
    Obvious troll, Bulls had their own injury woes, Rose still hasn't returned to anything near his top form. Noah & Gasol were both hurting. I think Butler may have been the only player who was "healthy"

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    I still can't believe LeBron beat a fully healthy Bulls by himself last year

No Love, hobbled kyrie still won

Stories in your head must be so nice to read

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    More like what Jordan was to the Cavs.
    Exactly this.

I now know what it must've felt for those late 80s/90s Cavs fans

the rose era bulls have been absolute rubbish, wait until they drop him and let Jimmy Butler run the show

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    the rose era bulls have been absolute rubbish, wait until they drop him and let Jimmy Butler run the show

I always hold a glimmer of hope that Rose can return to top form this year, but I'm ready to move on from him if he doesn't.

We can't be looking to max Rose again, his athleticm will surely look to decline earlier than most.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Stories in your head must be so nice to read
    Lol, true dat.

The nerve of that delusional stan to say that LeBron beat the Bulls "by himself"

Aside from the injuries woes the Bulls also dealt with, the Cavs role players just flat out took our role player's lunch money. LeBron himself was not very good that series TBH.

Dat revisionist history doe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Lol, true dat.

The nerve of that delusional stan to say that LeBron beat the Bulls "by himself"

Aside from the injuries woes the Bulls also dealt with, the Cavs role players just flat out took our role player's lunch money. LeBron himself was not very good that series TBH.

Dat revisionist history doe

We will be back my friend.

Gibson played with a torn ligament all year and Noah looked about 50%.

The new coach will hopefully look to manage the minutes of these players. Could be all the difference in the playoffs, we know this Bulls team can ramp up the D when they are healthy.

I really like our outlook this year and we will finally get to see more McD, Mirotic and Snell.

Banned

Oh dey mad

LeBron >> Bulls entire franchise

LeBron by himself beat, Rose Butler Gasol

and...

1-9

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I always hold a glimmer of hope that Rose can return to top form this year, but I'm ready to move on from him if he doesn't.

We can't be looking to max Rose again, his athleticm will surely look to decline earlier than most.
    I've felt that Rose has been overrated just for being a hometown kid...If you ask me personally, what held the Bulls back these past few years wasn't Rose being injured, but the team being so set on Rose the messiah that they would fall off seeing him get injured over and over again and keep hanging on just for "When Rose comes back"...when they should have had their eyes on the prize with or without him.

Aside from Rose, they've had some of the best rosters in the Eastern Conference, and have had the fortune of having some really solid guys in the mix. They didn't need to ditch Kyle Korver or even Nate Robinson and CJ Watson. Every year when they tore up the bench mob, they were basically re-rolling the dice on chemistry/cohesion/production.

Decent college freshman

[QUOTE=Rocketswin2013]

[QUOTE]During their final regular-season road trip to Miami, which turned out to be a surprisingly easy win for the Celtics, they spent the last two minutes busting Wade

No, LeBron is to Chicago what Jordan was to Cleveland in the 90s. Chicago has never been the obstacle for LeBron to overcome the way the Bad Boys were for MJ. The late 2000s and early 2010 Celtics were LeBron's obstacle. His Bad Boys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

The late 2000s and early 2010 Celtics were LeBron's obstacle. His Bad Boys.
    MJ was never the favorite and #1 seed against the Bad Boys, whereas Lebron was the prohibitive favorite in 2010 - everyone figured that surely THIS #1 seed would break through.

But he lost again as the favorite, for the same reasons he always loses - his ball-dominant style prevents his teams from running an equal-opportunity offense, where all 5 players share the playmaking responsibilities - this is the kind of offense that teams perceived as "smart" use, such as Mavs, Spurs, 2015 Warriors, and 90's Bulls equal-opportunity triangle.. Since Lebron's style prevents equal opportunity and the best brand of basketball, equal or less-talented opponents pull upsets by playing a better brand of basketball (2009, 2011, 2014).

It's not conjecture that Lebron's style prevents equal-opportunity because it's proven by the stats - Lebron's presence craters the APG and assist % of teammates (Wade, Love, Bosh, Kyrie, Mo Williams), while increasing the amount they are assisted - this proves he turns teammates from playmakers into playfinishers, thus preventing equal-opportunity/sharing the playmaking.. Of course, with Lebron's style decreasing the assists of teammates, it's no surprise that all his TEAMS have very low assist frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    No, LeBron is to Chicago what Jordan was to Cleveland in the 90s. Chicago has never been the obstacle for LeBron to overcome the way the Bad Boys were for MJ. The late 2000s and early 2010 Celtics were LeBron's obstacle. His Bad Boys.
    I meant that Chicago is Jordan, and LeBron is Detroit.

Anyway, I think the Celts-LeBron comparison works best. Same with Cleveland and Jordan. Good call bros.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Time and and time again, we've seen LeBron eliminate Chicago in the postseason, and time and time again, we've thought it was the Bulls' year to get through.

Does this rival what the Pistons were to MJ, in the sense that Jordan, countless tries, couldn't get past Detroit when they were in their prime?

If healthy, do the Bulls finally get past The King?
    If there is a parallel, lets hope it ends the same way

LeBron always has at least 2 extra guys playing for his team. I think they're called refs.