Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: Who thinks Kaminsky is going to be really good?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    White people will only be compared to white people.
    Pretty much, but in general the play styles are the same.

The average white player in the league is not nearly as athletic as the average black player in the league. How does every player in the entire world compensate for lack of athleticism? Generally by being a good shooter, trying harder, and moving without the ball.

It's not racism, it's not rocket science. It's players adapting to strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Who thinks Kaminsky is going to be really good?

A good shooting big opens up the offense
    A good passing big unlocks the offense

Kaminsky can be both. We saw McRobert's impact on this team as a floor spacer/ball mover.

I'm not saying he's going to be a hall of famer, but something like 16/9/4 on good %'s seems reasonable, and he's going to be able to play on offense late in games unlike a lot of other bigs who can't shoot free throws.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Kaminsky has the skillset GMs and coaches look for in todays league. But i dont think him and big gay al are a perfect fit. at least not long term. If youre going to play Kaminsky at 4, ideally, youd want a rim protector with a knack for help defense, behind him. A Larry Sanders type of player could hide a lot of his defensive deficiency's.

We'll see how MJ and company approach upcoming drafts and free agency

When it comes to comparing players of the same race to each other, it's not always the case when u think about it. For example, Steph Curry reminds me the most of Nash and Mark Price. When it comes to being a true alpha shooter-scorer at the SF, Durant reminds me of Bird often times. KD even said Bird is his favorite old school player. Magic Johnson's passing (not overall game wise) reminds me a lot of Pistol Pete. Duncan's craftiness on the block reminds me more of a bigger Kevin Mchale than anybody.

Scottie Pippen's all around game from the SF was ACTUALLY the most similar to a Hondo at that time. I can go on and on. But if look deep, u can find SEVERAL EXAMPLES where a player reminds u of a player from another race. The MAIN THING is the athletic ability in certain situations can take things to another level. But in terms of skillset and results, u can find several examples.

Ryan Kelly 2.0

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    A good shooting big opens up the offense
    A good passing big unlocks the offense

Kaminsky can be both. We saw McRobert's impact on this team as a floor spacer/ball mover.

I'm not saying he's going to be a hall of famer, but something like 16/9/4 on good %'s seems reasonable, and he's going to be able to play on offense late in games unlike a lot of other bigs who can't shoot free throws.
    I think he would have made a nice pairing potentially with Vonleh- too bad their GM went all-in on making the playoffs this year to save his job (I feel that may have influenced picking Frank over Winslow tbh).

He's got value in the league and would play well next to a guy like D. Favors or Ibaka, but I really don't trust his ability to defend. He can get posted up at C and he's likely to slow to defend as a PF in the PnR.

Offensively- he brings a ton of value to a squad with his shooting, passing, and smarts. I think his defensive shortcomings may be reason that he's a super sub type of bench big versus a starter. He should be good, not great, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I feel McBob was a better defender that year when Charlotte had some magic than Frank will be. I honestly think the Hornets would have been content to let Big Al walk this summer had he opted-out.