Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-20-2018, 10:38 PM   #106
clutchinho
I rule the local playground

Default Re: ôLebron should shut up and dribble, leave politics to those who didnt leave HS early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmer
I have no idea how she can get away with saying something so racist.

It's extraordinary that the mainstream media can get away with racist comments, it is implicitly implied that a lack of intelligence is the reason why black athletes should not speak out.

It is implicitly implied that a man holding a high school diploma, who bounces a rubber ball for a living and with a history of making idiotic, self-unaware and petty comments over the years should not speak out about a world he does not understand.
clutchinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #107
clutchinho

Default Re: ôLebron should shut up and dribble, leave politics to those who didnt leave HS early

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
This has nothing to do with black athletes and everything to do with lebron specifically because of how he came across.

If another black player who is articulate and follows politics said such things he would definitely take her up on the offer and go at it. He sure as hell wouldn't pull a beta lebron move.

This

Is Zuckerberg widely acknowledged as not being good to play in the NBA because he's white? Or just because he's not good enough.

Attacking Lebron isn't attacking blacks as a whole. We JUST had a black man hold the top spot in the White House for 8 years, maybe go easier with the victim complex that people like Lebron is wanting to poison our youth with.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:05 PM   #108
GimmeThat
NBA rookie of the year

money on Lebron can score perhaps below average on the Worlds most successful sports team ownership/management

but what he's dead on about, he's dead on
GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:31 PM   #109
ShawkFactory
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchinho
This

Is Zuckerberg widely acknowledged as not being good to play in the NBA because he's white? Or just because he's not good enough.

Attacking Lebron isn't attacking blacks as a whole. We JUST had a black man hold the top spot in the White House for 8 years, maybe go easier with the victim complex that people like Lebron is wanting to poison our youth with.
Lebron isn't "playing" in politics.

If Zuckerberg were to say "Lebron is weak for leaving his team twice and trying to chase rings because of those greater than him", would you take issue with it? My guess would be no.

This is all that Lebron has done.

What if Zuckerberg said that and Nick Wright made a comment that he should shut the fuvk up and continue being a nerd behind a computer. Would that be any different than this scenario?
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #110
GimmeThat
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawkFactory

What if Zuckerberg said that and Nick Wright made a comment that he should shut the fuvk up and continue being a nerd behind a computer. Would that be any different than this scenario?

I think you ask Bill Gates to continue to be a nerd behind a computer over his foundation and Zuckerberg to stay behind elitists over the children of those elitists
GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:05 AM   #111
ShawkFactory
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeThat
I think you ask Bill Gates to continue to be a nerd behind a computer over his foundation and Zuckerberg to stay behind elitists over the children of those elitists
I mean yea. Thanks for continuing it.

The point is that people can say basic things about anything regardless of what they actually know.

What Lebron has said is no different from that. He didn't rail on trump about the specifics of his tax bill.

It just depends on what allegiances you have and many here's have them against Lebron.
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:09 AM   #112
clutchinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
Lebron isn't "playing" in politics.

If Zuckerberg were to say "Lebron is weak for leaving his team twice and trying to chase rings because of those greater than him", would you take issue with it? My guess would be no.

This is all that Lebron has done.

You summed it up pretty well. Imagine Zuckerberg never followed the NBA or sports of any kind, with his peak level of athletic competition being gym class in high school. Then one day he sees that hating on Lebron is trending on twitter, and suddenly becomes a vocal critic of Lebron throwing vague insults like Lebron don't know how to play basketball and calling him a bum.

Nick Wright then calls him out to appear on his show to substantiate his views. And you'd be damn sure Zuck isn't going anywhere near there since he'd have no idea what he was talking about.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: