Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Diagnosis Of The Fully Torn Achilles - Very Unlikely Kobe Plays Again

I read up on it................

partially torn Achilles (the ones that guys normally come back from) cause a lot of pain - it hurts really bad.

You can do the surgery and rehab and come back, maybe not as good though.

FULL TEAR =

you hear a loud pop, but the pain is very minimal, or even no pain at all. The ability to feel the pain is pretty much gone because the tendon is dead. It's been totally ripped apart and no longer functions at all. That part of the body is dead.....thus it does not hurt.

this type of injury requires an extreme surgery and a full year of intense rehab to recover back to normal. Not to play again.....a full year to recover normal everyday use.

It is highly unlikely for an NBA player to play again after this injury.

The FULL tear is the one Isaiah Thomas had, that ended his career at age 32.

Kobe's pain response and the loud pop sound means he suffered the total complete full tear.

The diagnosis is that it's very unlikely he would ever play again. It's possible, but highly unlikely at his age, and with how long and grueling the rehab process is.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-13-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Good High School Starter jcsrplumply's Avatar

Default Re: Diagnosis Of The Fully Torn Achilles - Very Unlikely Kobe Plays Again

Wow....

Banned

Default Re: Diagnosis Of The Fully Torn Achilles - Very Unlikely Kobe Plays Again

Yes.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Welp...I still got Kobe tearing the league a new one in association mode.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Well OP your word is gold around here so...

no link, and just a bunch of assumptions from a racist living in arkansas

anyways, if anybody can return from this it's Kobe, he wasn't voted leagues toughest player for nothing

Banned

Yikes

I've read that Kobe's tear was COMPLETE. Looks like his career might be done. Terrible way for an athlete to go out...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Well OP your word is gold around here so...

no link, and just a bunch of assumptions from a racist

anyways, if anybody can return from this it's Kobe, he wasn't voted leagues toughest player for nothing
    Don't be an asshole. I'm a big Kobe fan idiot. Why do you think I bothered to read up on just exactly what the injury he has means?

Kobe is one of my favorite players.

Tha Man Has Spoken!

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

We might never see Kobe Bryant play live again

let that sink in

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I read up on it................

partially torn Achilles (the ones that guys normally come back from) cause a lot of pain - it hurts really bad.

You can do the surgery and rehab and come back, maybe not as good though.

FULL TEAR =

you hear a loud pop, but the pain is very minimal, or even no pain at all. The ability to feel the pain is pretty much gone because the tendon is dead. It's been totally ripped apart and no longer functions at all. That part of the body is dead.....thus it does not hurt.

this type of injury requires an extreme surgery and a full year of intense rehab to recover back to normal. Not to play again.....a full year to recover normal everyday use.

It is highly unlikely for an NBA player to play again after this injury.

The FULL tear is the one Isaiah Thomas had, that ended his career at age 32.

Kobe's pain response and the loud pop sound means he suffered the total complete full tear.

The diagnosis is that it's very unlikely he would ever play again. It's possible, but highly unlikely at his age, and with how long and grueling the rehab process is.

You were at the game with courtside seats and heard the pop sound?

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    You were at the game with courtside seats and heard the pop sound?
    No, but Kobe told a reporter that he heard a loud pop sound.

Banned

kobe also said on facebook that he cant feel anything. his foot is numb, dead weight

i think he will come back. but realise his days are numbered and retire within a month after averaging 15 points on 35%

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

wow. i dont like kobe. i dont like the lakers.

but i feel bad. i dont want him to go out like this. it just feels wrong.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Wow...are you serious? Get this trash out of here.
    sorry

I did not mean it like dat.

Its the stupidity & retardedness thats bothersome. You got fully recovering Howard & Gasol who are always complaining about "touches" & not enough "Ball movement"

for god's sake, Kobe is NOT a Wizards MJ with wizard's line up.

His insecurities & lack of trust in future hall of famers on his team is alarming.

In this sense, he deserved his fate because of the lack of faith in his all-star BIG MEN team mates.

thats what I meant.