Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Stockton the Ultimate Point Guard

Click the image...

Default Re: Stockton the Ultimate Point Guard

Holy hell how did you do that image to video thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Holy hell how did you do that image to video thing?
    Quote it and learn.

It is really simple,

[ URL="this is the link to the vid"]Put your [img][/img] here[/URL]

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He was certainly the prototype. There was nothing you would normally expect from a pg that Stockton didn't excel at. "Ultimate" is a little too far though. He was one of the greatest ever but there have been a few better. I'd give Magic, Isaiah Thomas, and Oscar Robertson over him all-time.

Always rooted against the Jazz, but always respected his skills

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    He was certainly the prototype. There was nothing you would normally expect from a pg that Stockton didn't excel at. "Ultimate" is a little too far though. He was one of the greatest ever but there have been a few better. I'd give Magic, Isaiah Thomas, and Oscar Robertson over him all-time.
    From a PG perspective. What were they better at?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    From a PG perspective. What were they better at?
    I said Stockton was the prototype. That means he was great at everything that we expect from the pg stereotype. I didn't say they were better than him at those things. They were better at other aspects of basketball (scoring and rebounding) which made them better players and thus better pgs, as the only edge he had over them was shooting.

I said Stockton was the prototype. That means he was great at everything that we expect from the pg stereotype. I didn't say they were better than him at those things. They were better at other aspects of basketball (scoring and rebounding) which made them better players and thus better pgs, as the only edge he had over them was shooting.
    Ok, allow me to rephrase my question. What make Thomas, Magic, and Robertson more of the ultimate PG than Stockton?

Ok, allow me to rephrase my question. What make Thomas, Magic, and Robertson more of the ultimate PG than Stockton?
    All were greater scoring threats, two of them were also significantly better rebounders and one of them could do almost anything on the court offensively. I'd take any of them to start my team over Stockton regardless of teammates.

because they played the point guard position and through their playing of that position gave their teams a better chance to win basketball games.

Isaiah and Oscar are not better PG's than him. Oscar and Magic were just bigger and around better player than Stockton, but John is a better leader, has better playmaking abilities and is offensive awareness is just greater.

One of the best point guards to ever play the game. Loved watching him even if he's playing against Bulls back then. If he plays today and on his prime, he would absolutely be the best point guard in this soft era.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    One of the best point guards to ever play the game. Loved watching him even if he's playing against Bulls back then. If he plays today and on his prime, he would absolutely be the best point guard in this soft era.

One of the best beta players of all time. Its sucks that he had a disappointing performance in the 1998 NBA Finals. I know he's 36 yrs.old, and very well past his prime, but Malone who's 35 yrs.old put up a solid performance in the Finals.

Magic, Isiah, Cousy, Frazier, Parker, Cousy, and Billups won championships because they played like a true alpha male in the playoffs, and in the NBA Finals.

PS

What's up with this $hitty username Poido123??

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    One of the best beta players of all time. Its sucks that he had a disappointing performance in the 1998 NBA Finals. I know he's 36 yrs.old, and very well past his prime, but Malone who's 35 yrs.old put up a solid performance in the Finals.

Magic, Isiah, Cousy, Frazier, Parker, Cousy, and Billups won championships because they played like a true alpha male in the playoffs, and in the NBA Finals.

PS

What's up with this $hitty username Poido123??
    Who the heck is poido? and how's your throat after LeBron's d!ck rested there last night?