Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Kiwi (lol) Leonard = Iguodala, he's seeking the max

if embiid meets any level of hype, that front court would be the scariest in years

philly could definitely afford to give him a max contract. their next three best players are all on rookie contracts through 2017. each of them with a ways to go on development. meaning you'd be paying kawai big money not to contend but to keep building. he seems to be a great locker room guy, hard worker, unselfish, great all around talent. it wouldn't be the worst move philly could make.

though they probably dont have the infrastucture to lure him not just away from san antonio but away from any other team in the market for a guy like kawai... and there are lots

Iggy has a Finals MVP?

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Should the Sixers go after him? Let's just assume Spurs are unwilling to give him that money. I'm half and half on this guy. I just don't see the guy creating much of his offense to deserve such a deal. But sixers do need to sign a talent like him. Again let's assume Spurs have no intention of keeping Leonard.
    They will keep him I'm sure. That being said, I think that the Sixers have no interest in him at all. I don't think that they will pursue and free agents until they feel like they are set to make a real run. They want to maintain cap flexibility for as long as possible and to them it would make no sense to sign a free agent next year. At the very least they will see what happens with Embiid before they do anything but I thin that it will be at least a year after his first year. I'm basing all of this off what Hinkie has said and my understanding of what their intentions are in building a team.

I want to add that I would assume that eventually they will go after a shooter. They are assembling a long, fast, athletic team that can defend. I expect them to get a shooter at some point and I think that they would spend money on that before anything else. I could be wrong but that's what I think.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 11-02-2014 at 11:54 AM.

I am your soldier!

Kemba just got 12, Kawhi is better than Kemba.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

If I'm Toronto, I would offer him the max.
    Go over the cap, bring back the boys and have leonard put us over the top.

Ross turns into sixth man.

lowry, vaz
    derozen, Ross
    Leonard, Ross, Bruno
    Patterson, JJ
    Val, Amir, Bebe

Let fields, hayes, Sweet lou walk. Resign amir over the cap. I'd be happy to bring back a chuck hayes and fields on vet minimum contracts.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    If I'm Toronto, I would offer him the max.
    Go over the cap, bring back the boys and have leonard put us over the top.

Jrue Holiday and Leonard

just think about that

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Jrue Holiday and Leonard

just think about that
    As a Sixer fan I don't want to think about that because I never liked Holiday's game a bit. MCW may not be the best but he certainly can defend better and he's bigger and way more athletic.