Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default When LeBron is hitting contested jumpers - he is LITERALLY unstoppable

^^^^ against the so called best defensive team - lebron was MONEY from mid and long range (90% of his attempts being heavily contested)

obviously lebron is still working to gain some of his athleticism back, after a strict NEW diet which was supposed to shed some weight - but really, his jumper looks better than ever. the mechanics on his release look quicker too.

what makes lebron so ridiculously dominant though, is that he can now make difficult perimeter shots now too. everything was easy because of his ability to get clean looks (mixture of his cerebral iq and athleticism) - but now he is literally unarguable.

this is why i laugh when people question whether he'll be able to play, once he "loses" his athleticism. the most profound talent in history wont be dominant in his 30s? straight denial

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: When LeBron is hitting contested jumpers - he is LITERALLY unstoppable

Ummm, pretty much any player is unstoppable when they are hitting contested jumpers.

Local High School Star

Default Re: When LeBron is hitting contested jumpers - he is LITERALLY unstoppable

Which player is not unstoppable when hitting contested jumpers?

Hit me up when he does this against Jimmy Butler ...

Dunleavy is an atrocious defender. Slow of foot, old, guarding someone with guard like skills and Bron couldn't even make him look silly getting to the rim. Having to settle for contested jumpers is a bad sign if anything.

LeBron looked old AF the past 2 games. Lack of mobility, dexterity, quickness, and total lack of leaping ability. Even on his jumpers.

Cycling off that HGH doe.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

LeBron looked old AF the past 2 games
    lebron looked more skilled than ever (considering he is still building up his strength). i dont know what game you were watching last night.

oh wait, you're a "bulls fan".

i would be salty too if the BEST player on the planet knocked off my team on a holiday..

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Dunleavy blocked Lebron

Don't have a meltdown. Has nothing to do with skill. LeBron played well. He was also being guarded primarily by our back up SF, and a non-defensive entity. He's not going to do this against Butler, especially with a visible steep decline in athleticism. Physically he looked a shell of what he was even just a few months ago even in June. It is something that needs to be mentioned.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

When the Cavs score more points than the other team - they are LITERALLY unbeatable.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Don't have a meltdown. Has nothing to do with skill. LeBron played well. He was also being guarded primarily by our back up SF, and a non-defensive entity. He's not going to do this against Butler, especially with a visible steep decline in athleticism. Physically he looked a shell of what he was even just a few months ago even in June. It is something that needs to be mentioned.
    you're missing the point. most of his field goal attempts were HEAVILY contested.

i dont know how you come away after watching last nights game, thinking lebron looked "old". yes, he is playing his way into game shape - but, aside from rose, he is still leaps and bounds more athletic than everyone on the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0p_eGkI1sw

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    [IMG]

lebron was MONEY from mid and long range - 90% of his attempts being heavily contested.
    Dunleavy did a great job on him - only 36 points on 14-30 in an overtime game where Dunleavy should be a massive mismatch... Considering it was a massive mismatch, lebron's performance was quite average, maybe even below-average if we are talking about a goat standard, although we're not.

i mean, the paint is wide open, and lebron can't abuse the soft Dunleavy down on the block ONE TIME?

oh wait though... he'd need off-ball skill to do that one.... okay, well, why can't he go off-the-dribble and THIS to Dunleavy... just ONE TIME.. and in lebron's case, the paint is wide open, so it's even easier to beat defenders to the spot like Jordan does in these gifs..

Last edited by 3ball; 11-01-2014 at 03:20 PM.

He scored 36 because he shoot a lot. He looks he lost his leaping ability, he was barely beyond the rim and looked bad on half court offense.
    He made some jumpers but he missed a lot of them as well.
    He also made like 10 points on fast breaks and 7 from the charity stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Dunleavy did a great job on him - only 36 points on 14-30 in an overtime game where Dunleavy should be a massive mismatch... Considering it was a massive mismatch, lebron's performance was quite average, maybe even below-average if we are talking about a goat standard, although we're not.

i mean, the paint is wide open, and lebron can't abuse the soft Dunleavy down on the block ONE TIME?

Lol, I challenge this dude to make ONE post that doesn't have to do with Jordan. I don't think he can do it

oh wait though... he'd need off-ball skill to do that one.... okay, well, why can't he go off-the-dribble and THIS to Dunleavy... just ONE TIME.. and in lebron's case, the paint is wide open, so it's even easier to beat defenders to the spot like Jordan does in these gifs..

Lol, I challenge this dude to make ONE post that doesn't have to do with Jordan. I don't think he can do it

I think Lebron's back is bothering him. He's complained about it when he was in Miami, and said it was still there in the preseason. Might explain why he looks to have lost athleticism.

He's still super fast on the break though.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    that's the beauty of it all - more than 70% of lebron's field goals last night came off ball.

^^^^ in fact, here are highlights of lebron working in the post, off the ball, against the heat a few nights ago - perfect form, footwork, and follow through.

tbqh, i think playing without the ball makes lebron a more deadly scorer. you cant bully him on the block. he is either too quick, strong, or athletic for opposing defenses..

as soon as he gets settled in, and this cavs team gels, lebron in a structured offense will be a nightmare for opposing coaches. you defend and take away ONE aspect of his offense - he comes right back with 5 more ways to beat you - and thus, the evolution of lebron.

Same gif-making and typing as 3ball, and you defended him every time he's brought up..........................

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm