Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dario Saric joining 76ers

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    If they all stay healthy and reach potential, with a good trade or two we could be potentially seeing a dynasty unrivaled in history by anyone not named the Celtics of Russell.

Lots has to go right but, it could. No other team has had this much potential. But right now it's nothing but potential and may always be.

HOw quickly people forget.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    If they all stay healthy and reach potential, with a good trade or two we could be potentially seeing a dynasty unrivaled in history by anyone not named the Celtics of Russell.

Lots has to go right but, it could. No other team has had this much potential. But right now it's nothing but potential and may always be.
    I'm a Sixer fan for sure but you need to get a little perspective.

Minnesota has the brightest future of any team right now in the league and the Sixers and the Celts both have the possibility for extremely bright futures too (edge going to the Sixers) if things work out for them.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I always forget about him. I remember the Nuggets had interest in him. I seem to recall Gallo being used as a comp. Big SF who can play PF, good shooter, high basketball IQ.

He shot 40% from 3 in Europe this past season. Sixers are going to need spacing like crazy so makes sense to bring him over now.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I always forget about him. I remember the Nuggets had interest in him. I seem to recall Gallo being used as a comp. Big SF who can play PF, good shooter, high basketball IQ.

He shot 40% from 3 in Europe this past season. Sixers are going to need spacing like crazy so makes sense to bring him over now.
    Saric is PF def can't play the 3.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Saric is PF def can't play the 3.
    Yeah I don't watch international ball at all. I thought people said he was abit of a combo forward at the draft.

Yeah I don't watch international ball at all. I thought people said he was abit of a combo forward at the draft.
    No biggie. People mistakenly think that he's a point forward but he's just a PF who can pass pretty well. Not a PG type he has def improved his shot no doubt.

Saric will be able to help but iv watched him play alot over the last couple of years his low post defence is weak AF and is to slow to guard the perimeter but he has improved alot with his decision making shot taking and overall offensive game. But I still can't shake the image of Shengelia overpowering saric and getting him into foul trouble.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

"My word means more than a paper."

DeAndre should take notes.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Saric will be able to help but iv watched him play alot over the last couple of years his low post defence is weak AF and is to slow to guard the perimeter but he has improved alot with his decision making shot taking and overall offensive game. But I still can't shake the image of Shengelia overpowering saric and getting him into foul trouble.
    Yeah nah he's gonna get torched on D no doubt. He's a solid all around player who could be a really good bench piece. You need guys like that. Not everyone on the team can be an all star. I'm cool w him but have realistic expectations.

He's nothing like Gallinari and in no way in hell is he a SF. NBA only fans always have the most retarded player comparisons for European players.

Saric has quite a bit of size, he's like 6-10, 6-11, and he probably weighs like 240 from the eye test. So he should have no problem defending big men.

Yet, indeed, he is horrific at defending big men. He seems to be incredibly weak physically, despite his size.

He's a good face up 4 man on offense, and he can at least knock down wide open jump shots (teams leave him open). He's also a pretty good rebounder. But yeah, his defense is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    No biggie. People mistakenly think that he's a point forward but he's just a PF who can pass pretty well. Not a PG type he has def improved his shot no doubt.
    It's the same idiotic bullshit that NBA marketing and US sports media say about Bender.

They are calling these Croatian players "point forwards", when they literally have never ever played as a point forward.

Some of the NBA marketing gimmicks are totally ridiculous.

Shengelia overpowering Saric is quite a lot of info... Still happy about this, and hoping that he can develop into a good shooting big off the bench.

While strengthening the bench isn't a priority yet, having good role players around can never hurt, and the sooner we can assess them, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    Shengelia overpowering Saric is quite a lot of info... Still happy about this, and hoping that he can develop into a good shooting big off the bench.

While strengthening the bench isn't a priority yet, having good role players around can never hurt, and the sooner we can assess them, the better.
    Saric just can't guard anyone around the basket. I don't know why, as he has the body to do so. But he is constantly getting pushed around by Euroleague power forwards and centers. And it is odd, because like I said, he physically has the body to be able to defend.

I think he might just be soft, or lazy, or just not care about defense.

Until he is arriving at PHL I dont take anyone at their word.