Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: RRR3's Incredibly Long Rant on LeBron, "Clutchness", and Being a fan of an Athlete

OP, didn't read.

But LBJ is a choker and the world clutch should never be in the same sentence.

Clown.

Banned

Default Re: RRR3's Incredibly Long Rant on LeBron, "Clutchness", and Being a fan of an Athlete

If I had to take a guess the OP just stated the obvious anyways. LeBron was clutch in Cleveland but unclutch in Miami. It's pretty simple and you have to be stupid to not understand that.

Are you becoming Bruce Blitz part 2, Randy? You might as well just posted his article here too about LeBron in the clutch, to save time.

You didn't need to type out all that if you already know LeBron's a capable clutch player.

I'm surprised by this, I didn't expect you to type all that. But really, the YouTube links, the mentioning of his high times in the clutch, the comparison to Pujols, etc... I already know and seen all this. I've watched LeBron's entire career to not bring myself to random conclusions because some trolls say otherwise.

He's just not brought it in the Finals, where if he's getting comparisons to the greatest players of all-time and others are calling him the greatest to ever play... then he can't under perform. There's politics against LeBron, yes, but there are no more excuses for the guy.

He's the best in the game, but he's got to be the best ALL the way through. So until then, while some of us know he can be capable (more than capable, actually) in the clutch... he's got to do it where it matters most.

Otherwise, people are going to state claims about how he's on Jordan's level or that LeBron and Jordan are the greatest non-centers to ever play the game of basketball by citing stats and even basketball knowledge (very vague statement).

So as I've said on my topic of LeBron in the clutch many times before... just going to have wait and see again...
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 02-27-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Great read, couldn't agree with you more.

Decent playground baller

It's obvious that everytime Lebron hits a game winner, big brother dwade spanks him in the locker room. Now he's conditioned to cower in the corner and pass the ball like a hot potato in game winning situations. I mean look, Dwade fumbled the ball and then forced lebron to throw the ball to him for a fail three. Dwade, you ball so hard I wanna fine you.

[COLOR="White"]not serious[/COLOR]

3-time NBA All-Star

I actually agree with all of this and have been saying it for a long time. Lebron WAS clutch from the beginning of his career till right before that Celtic series in 2010. I never considered his relatively bad play in 2007 vs. the Spurs and 208 vs. the Celtics as anything more then just bad games, not choking. I don't think its fair to compare him to the likes of Karl Malone like some have cause he wasn't always a choker.

But that doesn't change the fact that that was then and this is now. In the recent past and currently he's one of the worst superstars in the clutch. He's had some of the biggest choking moments ever in the past few years, specifically 2010 vs. the Celtics and 2011 vs. the Mavs. Last night pretty much every other perimeter player in that all-star game as in Kobe, Melo, Wade, Rose, CP3, Durant, Westbrook, Parker, Pierce, Deron, Nash, Dirk, and Love would've taken that shot especially in a meaningless ASG.

Goddamn it, man. I just read that entire fvcking thing, and it was basically just "he was clutch, then, strangely, he wasn't anymore, but now maybe he's coming back. He had a great game against the Pistons this season, too."

I was hoping for an epiphany by reading a fan's perspective, but I still have the opinion of Lebron that I've had for the past few years: great player, CAN step it up and destroy teams, but strangely hasn't been able to make that next leap to become legendary.

I'm not a baseball fan, so that stuff about Pujols explains all the hype in Anaheim about him though.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re: RRR3's Incredibly Long Rant on LeBron, "Clutchness", and Being a fan of an Athlet

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers

/thread
    Clearly you didn't read my posts, and he's taking the shots there, correct?

Default Re: RRR3's Incredibly Long Rant on LeBron, "Clutchness", and Being a fan of an Athlet

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Goddamn it, man. I just read that entire fvcking thing, and it was basically just "he was clutch, then, strangely, he wasn't anymore, but now maybe he's coming back. He had a great game against the Pistons this season, too."

I was hoping for an epiphany by reading a fan's perspective, but I still have the opinion of Lebron that I've had for the past few years: great player, CAN step it up and destroy teams, but strangely hasn't been able to make that next leap to become legendary.

I'm not a baseball fan, so that stuff about Pujols explains all the hype in Anaheim about him though.
    Sorry Had a lot to say. Guess the last part is me being hopeful because right now LeBron is looking like he's determined to prove people right about him being a choker.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Are you becoming Bruce Blitz part 2, Randy? You might as well just posted his article here too about LeBron in the clutch, to save time.

You didn't need to type out all that if you already know LeBron's a capable clutch player.
    I don't know that. He was, he's not at the moment, which is weird.

I'm surprised by this, I didn't expect you to type all that. But really, the YouTube links, the mentioning of his high times in the clutch, the comparison to Pujols, etc... I already know and seen all this. I've watched LeBron's entire career to not bring myself to random conclusions because some trolls say otherwise.

He's just not brought it in the Finals, where if he's getting comparisons to the greatest players of all-time and others are calling him the greatest to ever play... then he can't under perform. There's politics against LeBron, yes, but there are no more excuses for the guy.
    Didn't make any excuses for him after 2008-09 in my post IIRC

He's the best in the game, but he's got to be the best ALL the way through. So until then, while some of us know he can be capable (more than capable, actually) in the clutch... he's got to do it where it matters most.

Otherwise, people are going to state claims about how he's on Jordan's level or that LeBron and Jordan are the greatest non-centers to ever play the game of basketball by citing stats and even basketball knowledge (very vague statement).
    I don't state that

So as I've said on my topic of LeBron in the clutch many times before... just going to have wait and see again...
    ....Also I haven't paid attention to Bruce in a while.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar