Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: When does TNT fire Shaq?

I was actually expecting a little more out of Shaquille O'Neal on TNT. I found him pretty humorous throughout his career but most of that sentiment disappeared once he stepped into Inside the NBA. Suddenly, everything has felt forced and I would agree with those who believe he does not mix well from a chemistry perspective. They've learned how to make it work, but I don't feel great about it.

Banned

They can only put on commentators that live in the south, TNT is headquartered in Atlanta. Shaq, Ernie, Kenny and Barkley all live in the south. You are not getting anyone that lives out west flying across the country to host that show.

I usually hit open layups

The problem with shaq is, he knows what hes talking about.....in terms of the center position, his feedback regarding the rest of the game, sucks or he always brings it back to the center position. He doesnt see the whole game as it should be. Hes funny on the show when they arent talking basketball haha. Shaq got all upset when after first blazers game, he said they need to go inside out. Then during half time, he was all happy they did that but charles was saying thats not going to work and he got all butt hurt. Well, charles was right again and he was wrong.....again

Shaq has improved greatly since he started, but the chemistry was definitely better without him. AS has been mentioned, he's too sensitive, pulls out the "rings" stuff too much, interrupts too much and is generally a poor fit overall (despite flashes of being entertaining here and there).

They should just have him on to do Shaqting a Fool and that's it.

Banned

TNT just can't get rid of Shaq as fast as getting rid of Poochie.

i don't like shaq at all on the show. it was perfect with just those 3 and random appearances from payton/webber.

chuck cannot speak well, at all, he struggles to eloquently express himself, and most of his points turn into these long run on sentences without ever finishing a point, even though you can tell where he's going with it. he has a great eye for talent, and a great basketball mind, is very funny, but just cannot express himself properly.

shaq is annoying as ****. his lack of professionalism is countered by EJ and Kennys tho

Banned

his never going to get fired they like his antics

NBA All-star

I give into the ring argument, because it does show different types of locker room environment. And you see how professionalism smoother it all.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Based on basketball analysis TNT should fire everyone but Ernie, he's the only intelligent one. But, it's all about ratings so Shaq probably needs to go. Charles was supposed to be the dumb, opinionated, colorful, member of the show, but Shaq is making him look too smart.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Based on basketball analysis TNT should fire everyone but Ernie, he's the only intelligent one. But, it's all about ratings so Shaq probably needs to go. Charles was supposed to be the dumb, opinionated, colorful, member of the show, but Shaq is making him look too smart.

Kenny's analysis is actually better than any other analysts i've seen

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

Shaq (along with others) should just make guest appearances. I find him annoying, he likes to yell and repeat stuff like a child. Last night, "BBQ Chicken Alert. BBQ Chicken Alert". Stfu dude.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Shaq's a clown, and he's not even remotely funny. He thinks he's fvcking hilarious though.

Yall are overreacting. Shaq was HORRIBLE when he just started out, but now that everyone has gotten used to him he has become a lot more tolerable. When he just came to the show, Ernie visibly disliked him. He would make Shaq look dumb all the time and make him the butt of the joke, but even he has loosened up to the Big Aristotle.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Yall are overreacting. Shaq was HORRIBLE when he just started out, but now that everyone has gotten used to him he has become a lot more tolerable. When he just came to the show, Ernie visibly disliked him. He would make Shaq look dumb all the time and make him the butt of the joke, but even he has loosened up to the Big Aristotle.
    I pretty much agree with this, though I still prefer Webber.