Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Worst collapse, Chicago or Indy?

well indy only won because hawks went freezing cold and missed open shots not because indy played spectacular sooo indy is still kind of collapsing

chicago w/ no real offensive player isn't much of a collapse...

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

But I thought defense wins championships?

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    The Bulls have overachieved. Everyone knows the offense is just horrible, no one can really create a shot except DJ ****ing Augustin. In the playoffs that type of offense isn't going to cut it. How that can be called a 'collapse' is beyond me.
    It is true that "collapse" was probably too strong of a word in the case of the bulls. But there are serious questions being raised about what needs to be done and if they can really hinge all their hopes on Rose (again)

tbh, I don't think Rose is as truly valuble as he's often rated. Chicago when it had its great depth and bench mob could play very well when he wasn't involved. But now that they've sent a lot of those players to other teams, they need ANY scoring and it would make a world of difference.

I thought the Cavs blowing out the Celtics twice and up 2-1 in 2010 only to get blown out 3 straight times was more a collapse. How do you blow a team out on their court and then lose 3 in a row when you are a heavy favorite I think Mo Williams quit on them, that must be it.

Serious playground baller Ball So Harden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I got Indy still winning and the Bulls got my respect cause they are playing without their star.

So I wouldn't say the Bulls are collapsing, just getting beat by a better team.
    This. Bulls are playing with heart but lack the talent. If Indy loses, it is solely because of a collapse.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

The Bulls' playoff troubles were entirely predictable. You aren't winning in this league in the postseason if you don't have anyone on your roster who can break down a defense and create shots for himself and others on a consistent basis.

The Bulls get much respect for their tenacity in the regular season, but it's a different game now and they simply do not have the personnel to compete with and beat the best teams in the conference.

The Pacers are an entirely different animal... This has been one of the most baffling collapses in recent memory. I still think they give the Heat problems if both teams somehow make it to the ECF, but that is looking less and less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I thought the Cavs blowing out the Celtics twice and up 2-1 in 2010 only to get blown out 3 straight times was more a collapse. How do you blow a team out on their court and then lose 3 in a row when you are a heavy favorite I think Mo Williams quit on them, that must be it.
    Lebron James has a history of choking and the Cavs aren't the best run organization. That's all the explanation you need

Shall we call this a hit and miss thread?

Chicago have overachieved and Indiana might be back on track.

Bad thread.

Well people like to say defense wins championships but it doesn't do you a ton of good if you have no offense.

Indy looks good when their offense looks good. It's much easier for teams like Chicago to win on defense alone when teams aren't completely focused on them. In the playoffs your team is studied by the opponents much closer, and if you only rely on 1 side of the ball you are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Shall we call this a hit and miss thread?

Chicago have overachieved and Indiana might be back on track.

Bad thread.
    You can't say "we're overachieving!" when the team has fell short of expectations. To be honest, that's disgracing the skill and work of the players that are out there- as if they should have lost more because Rose isn't on the court. Even Pacers media personalities are calling it a collapse- you can refer to this excellent thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=330703

Indiana might be back on track? That's highly debatable. This is the same team that was steamrolling team after team in the earliest half of the season. Even with their victory last night, the Pacers look very vulnerable when you look at the big picture.

Maybe you would rate this as a "bad thread" because you think this is a cheap attempt at trolling. I understand that as a Bulls fan this may have struck a nerve, and maybe you can't handle the slightest objective analysis of your team's prospects. But rest assured, this thread is to discuss if and how these teams can go back to being contenders for the East for years to come.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    It is sort of funny the way people conveniently forget just how lopsided most people assumed that series was going to be, myself included. The Cs looked done at the end of the regular season. They lost something like 6 of their last 7 games while the Cavs were steamrolling the league.

I remember watching Game 1 in downtown Cleveland at a bar just across from the Q, waiting for the supposed blowout to start. By the end of the first quarter, I was terrified.

Destroying them in Game 3 on the road reignited my confidence, but it was quickly extinguished in Game 4 and the still baffling Game 5.

I'm not sure if losing the series can be considered a "choke," because that Cs team was very good, as evidenced by them beating Orlando even worse than they beat us and then nearly taking Game 7 on the road against LA in the Finals. Even if James and the rest of the guys had played their best, I'm not sure we would have beaten them... but the way the team went out was definitely choke-centric.

Just a weird series.

Indy

Bulls had no chance of winning it all

Learning to shoot layups

The Pacers didn't collapse. They were lulled to sleep.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    dont act like u dont miss this

I miss watching Drose play ball.

As for the OP, I still got Indiana winning against the Hawks. Still got games to play :)

Weren't we all supposed to be "scared" of Chicago?