NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Golden State fans thoughts on Steve Kerr so far?

Pretty much a month into the season now, what are your thoughts on Steve Kerr? Warriors are off to an 11-2 start and they have done this with David Lee missing pretty much every game. I was watching them today vs Miami, Miami was going HAM in the 2nd quarter, Kerr calls a timeout and Golden State goes on a big run to finish the half.

Default Re: Golden State fans thoughts on Steve Kerr so far?

Mark Jackson had great runs when Lee was out too hes not a high impact player

lets see how Kerr does when Boguts injured, thatll tell alot

I haven't watched but 2 or 3 games of theirs but it seems like their rotations are better at least.

11-2. Looking good so far. I like his demeanor on the bench. He already has kind of a cocky confidence to him. I like the fact that he had the balls to move Iggy to the 2nd unit. I like how he has included Bogut, and eventually Lee, more into the halfcourt offense.

The only thing I haven't liked so far is some of his rotations and court combinations... but I think he's still experimenting. He also needs to pull the reins on Curry. It's fun watching Curry pull-up in transition 1 v 4 and drain a 3... but that's not a winning basketball play. Come playoff time we need to take smart shots, and limit turnovers. When the Warriors start doing that consistently, then we will be real contender.

He's so much better than the preachaman at timeout and late game plays. I'm very pleased so far.