3-time NBA All-Star

Default Is LeBron really a better rebounder than Jordan?

Almost 90% percent of lebrons rebounds are defensive rebounds. Anyone who plays knows that offensive rebounds are much harder to get. Lebron doesn't have any seasons where he gets more than 1 off rebound a game. Mj has several. If you don't count the 2 wizards years mj doesn't have seasons where he has less than 1 off rebound a game. LeBron has several.

Mj did this in a much more physical era where the paint was more packed because centers and fowards weren't as spread out having to gaurd the 3 ball.

It's safe to say that if mj played in this era he'd have better rebounding stats. Westbrook gets more rebounds than lebron and mj was just as aggressive and athletic as he is.

So is LeBron really a better rebounder than mj or are his rebounding stats just better because of the era?

Default Re: Is LeBron really a better rebounder than Jordan?

Can we close this one up, too?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation

In what way does this answer the OP? Bran stans getting more braindead by the day.

@OP- As you pointed out 95% of Bran's rebounds are uncontested defensive rebounds which have next to no impact on the game. Another reason why stats are an absolute joke.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    In what way does this answer the OP? Bran stans getting more braindead by the day.

@OP- As you pointed out 95% of Bran's rebounds are uncontested defensive rebounds which have next to no impact on the game. Another reason why stats are an absolute joke.
    Yeah pretty much. I'm obviously a Bron fan also, I just think that mj was better at most things and that there rebounding is close. Better stats doesn't always mean better.

Local High School Star

LeUncontested is easily the better rebounder

Great college starter

He rebounds more. I don't know if he's a "better" rebounder though as I don't analyze rebounds.

Similar to how I wouldn't say Westbrook or John Wall are better passers than LeBron despite them having more assists

Ultimately though I don't think it matters. They're 2 completely different types of players, who play/played in completely different leagues basically.

If you decide who is goat with stats

So;

So...

Not even close

Next

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

He

3-time NBA All-Star

Jordan doesnt care about rebounding and passing. If youre the best scorer, youre the best. Its the most difficult and if youve mastered the most difficult then you could also master the easier ones if you put effort on it. Going for rebounds and assists is just for insecures. So its no surprise that a guy who could only score on fastbreaks and isnt clutch gives a damn about it. Thats the only way he could be compared to the elite scorers of this league. Thats why durant doesnt respect him and have kobe as the 2nd GOAT coz they have mastered the most difficult and important skill in basketball.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Jordan is a better rebounder relative to position. Lebron for his size, strength and athletic ability isn't a great rebounder.

Jordan was definitely better. Lebron is playing against smaller guys in this era so much easier to get a rebound with no dominant bigs around which was all over in Jordan's era.