Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What

NBA lottery pick

Default What

I

Default Re: What

His jumper isn't bad at all, he's consistently hit mid-range off the dribble because defenders give him space (nobody wants to body him because he is strong as ****).

He hasn't played ball for many years, but he has a 7'+ wingspan and big hands, and is a cut 230lb with a strong work ethic. He's hit a good % on spot up 3's too.

I think his floor is a stronger Harrison Barnes. Ceiling is a Kawhi Leonard who is weaker on D.

He's a project, but so were Paul George, Kawhi, and Giannis. Big wings are insanely valuable right now and he has a lot of potential.

He's long and strong enough to guard 4's, most of whom will not be able to guard him well on the perimeter on the other end. Put a swingman on him, and he's getting posted up
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 09-01-2019 at 10:02 AM.

People forget that guys like Kawhi and Jaylen Brown end up playing a bunch of 4 in college and don't get to show of some of their NBA skills. I think Rui is similar.

I'm also a Wizards fan, but I'm usually pretty pessimistic.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Didn't have a great game today, but he was apparently playing with a fever. Still went 9-10 from the line which is very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    Didn't have a great game today, but he was apparently playing with a fever. Still went 9-10 from the line which is very encouraging.
    Twice in the first quarter he just abused Cedi Osman to get to the line, in a manner that was LeBron-esque. I'm watching the game from today and watching him the entire time to really scout him closer.

Japan has no rebounding and are getting abused. They have a center who can't really run at all.

Very good NBA starter

Rui is going to be a great glue starter. Not a star or all star but will be close to it at times.

Reminds me of corliss Williamson but hes going to be better athletically. Curious to see how he is on the wizards because I think in a winning environment like San Antonio he can be coached to be really good.

Damn, he had a killer dunk on Ilyasova.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXeq9hJhkYQ

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    His jumper isn't bad at all, he's consistently hit mid-range off the dribble because defenders give him space (nobody wants to body him because he is strong as ****).

He hasn't played ball for many years, but he has a 7'+ wingspan and big hands, and is a cut 230lb with a strong work ethic. He's hit a good % on spot up 3's too.

I think his floor is a stronger Harrison Barnes. Ceiling is a Kawhi Leonard who is weaker on D.

He's a project, but so were Paul George, Kawhi, and Giannis. Big wings are insanely valuable right now and he has a lot of potential.

He's long and strong enough to guard 4's, most of whom will not be able to guard him well on the perimeter on the other end. Put a swingman on him, and he's getting posted up
    I see him closer to Larry Nance/maybe Blake Griffin Mold. Kawhi and PG?? I

His style seems Blake Griffin-ish to me.

Another great performance from Rui vs Czechia. 21 pts, 6 rebs, 4 asts on 8-12 shooting.

[QUOTE=christian1923]I see him closer to Larry Nance/maybe Blake Griffin Mold. Kawhi and PG?? I

You're on crack, this dude is good. I mean it's just vs FIBA comp right now but he is showing he is able to create on the offensive end by himself.

Floor Harrison Barnes ceiling Kawhi Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    His style seems Blake Griffin-ish to me.
    WTF not even close

Blake looks extremely out of place to me with his dribble and spin moves. It's effective, but he just doesn't look natural to me out there.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

His floor is Harrison Barnes?
    Kawhi Leonard aka the best player in the league is within his potential?

A stronger, i.e. better rebounding, Harrison Barnes is his ceiling.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Tobias Harris