View Poll Results: Why did Lebron not get it done?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's simply just not that good. Lucky he played in such a weak conference.

12 85.71%
  • It's the fault of his teammates, not him. He needed more help!

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Angry Both Kobe and Jordan 3-peated. Why we giving Bran a pass?

We all know that the ultimate statement of dominance is getting your team to 3-peat when you're balling at the highest level. It makes a clear statement that nobody could touch you while you were at your best. Both Kobe and Jordan 3-peated.

Which begs the question. Why we giving Bran a pass and at the same time try and act like Bran is anywhere near those two, as leaders, and peak talent?

Lets go down memory lane as to why Bran has never 3-peated despite having a cakewalk, historically weak conference for 8 straight Finals runs.

First, the 2011-2014 stretch. Bran had twice the opportunity just as he entered his prime with a superteam (a luxury), to get it done.

Bran could have done it by winning in 11, 12, 13 but we know he had the biggest choke of a superstar ever in a Finals in 2011.

Lebron could have also done it with a 12,13,14 trio but he got blown the fvck out of the building by the AARP, retirement home Spurs. Instead of seizing a mental edge over the defeated Spurs in 2014, it was the Spurs that played all series long acting like the 13' ring should've been theirs too.

In short, Bran couldn't get his team over the hump, with 2 chances during that stretch.

But Bran's a lucky mofo, as we all know. After all he was still playing in the weak ass East. The basketball gods gave him another chance to prove his worth.

So Lebron had more chances in the 2015-2018 stretch. Here again the man had 2 more opportunies to get it done, with a superteam squad once again, in a historically weak conference and yet it didn't happen - AGAIN. Starting a pattern here...

In 2015 the man got destroyed and locked down by a role player (who would go on to earn FMVP). A young and up and coming Warriors team beat him soundly.... a team that would have gotten destroyed by Kawhi's Raptors for comparison. But Bran ain't no Kawhi. He chucked a lot, on horrible efficiency and doomed his team.

So by failing in 2015, he fails to get a 15,16,17 trio going.

In 16' Bran succeeded in getting a tainted ring, thanks for the corrupt league's office, and thus opening the window for 16,17,18.

But we all know what happened after the tainted ring in 16'. Unintended consequences are a bitch, and KD, Draymond, Curry and fam outcolluded the fraud. They then proceeded to embarrass him in 17' and 18' like no other team in history. Bran went into each Final series with the belief he had no chance, and it all trickled down to every other teammate of his. When the captain bails early, the ship sinks.

Why should we give this man a pass when a feat that looks daunting, as Bran's runs show, has been done by players better than him? No excuses.

Discuss.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 08-12-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Default Re: Both Kobe and Jordan 3-peated. Why we giving Bran a pass?

Shaq* and Jordan 3-peated

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Shaq and Jordan 3 peated but....whatever.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Didn't knew Putin had russian bots running on ISH.

2 quick deflects back-2-back.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Lebron would be in a legit goat conversation if he went 4/4 in Miami - most people would probably have Lebron #1 and MJ #2, myself included

But his style and skills proved NOT to be good enough -

i.e. his lack of off-ball game held down Bosh and prevented good chemistry with Wade in 2011 - furthermore, lebron remained mostly a ball-dominator, so these teamwork issues never fully fixed themselves and culminated in the old Spurs surpassing their brand of ball in 14'..

So that's 2 losses that great non-ball-dominanators like Kawhi, Durant, Kobe would win and be 4/4 (as anyone would expect of a big 3 with Wade/Bosh.. i.e. "not 6, not 7")
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-12-2019 at 04:58 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

LeBron went to 8 straight finals

Why does Jordan and Kobe get a pass for only 3 straight

imagine still believing lebron went in to 2018 with no belief at all after seeing what he did game 1, you're just wrong lol.

the shaq point is not a deflection, it is the main reason kobe's 3 peat isnt viewed as highly as mj's(or just the fact that he was clearly not the best player in the league).

I do wonder how in kobe's first year "leading" the lakers with a top 5 teammate in shaq, he lost to duncan, young parker+role players essentially and no one cares... In his second year was absolutely saved by a miracle shot from fisher or the same could've easily happened. Passes for both

If you were a basketball fan at the time there was no question who was considered the man. Absolutely nothing close to a question in 2000. Shaq at the end of the second and third finals was getting Jordan talk. Whatever numbers anyone has or quotes or opinions....you claim that wasn’t considered Shaqs squad at the time you’re a liar or too young to remember.

Kobe’s 3 peat shot was 8-10.

Whatever any trolls say about gasol being better off advanced stars....that was Kobe’s team. Period.

The 3 peat lakers were shaqs team. Period.

Then Kobe took over when Shaq came into 03 hurt. We all saw it. Let’s not make history what we want because it’s convenient.

It wasn’t long enough ago to rewrite yet. Active posters here were on here with me as Bulls fans like myself were trying to push back against the idea that Shaq was the greatest player of all time. That book came out claiming he was. Shaq or Kobe was a fun topic a few trolls pushed and when Kobe would have great games obviously it would get more talk but if you were an adult at the time watching the sport?

You know got damn well who’s team it was considered. Even the people who said 1a and 1B had Shaq as the A.

Laker fans who turned out to be closer to Kobe fans turned on Shaq when he left for Miami and started acting like there wasn’t years of them saying Shaq was not only the best player in the league but the best player ever. People here right now.

You wouldn’t believe the shit eliteballer used to talk about how great Shaquille O’Neal was when he was still on the Lakers but now he talks up Kobe in that matchup like nobody remembers. Lots of Laker fans do that. Shaq went from the best or second best player to ever play basketball to the second best player on his team because it was so long ago they think we forgot.

We talked about Kobe vs Tmac then.

And Shaq vs Jordan.

It is what it is.

MJ would never have allowed Jason Terry to do what he did.

Lebron just isn

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Shaq* and Jordan 3-peated
    Save the asterisks for LeBronze... that bum's entire career is one big asterisk.

Lebron would be in a legit goat conversation if he went 4/4 in Miami - most people would probably have Lebron #1 and MJ #2, myself included

Nothing that could have happened in Miami would make LeBron better at basketball than Michael Jordan including the great many things that could have happened to make them win a couple more series.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    imagine still believing lebron went in to 2018 with no belief at all after seeing what he did game 1, you're just wrong lol.
    But he did quit at the end of that game with the tantrum. It's like getting all full of jizz and c0ckblocking yourself cause the b1tch ain't moaning no more. Finish the job nikka.

I do wonder how in kobe's first year "leading" the lakers with a top 5 teammate in shaq, he lost to duncan, young parker+role players essentially and no one cares... In his second year was absolutely saved by a miracle shot from fisher or the same could've easily happened. Passes for both
    Lol the only reason Shaq got through the Duncan/Admiral twin towers for that stretch, chickening out on the road in San Antonio like usual is because Kobe Bryant balled out of his mind, and proved to be, the best player on the floor during those series. It all fun and games when Shaq feasted on weak centers from every other team - and Kobe ain't getting in the way of the winning play. That's unselfishness for you. But when the big bois from San Antonio came knocking, we all know Shaq was sucking on Kobe's tit - and Shaq knows. When Shaq blew his load in the first 3 quarters all those years - as usual, started bricking free-throws in crunch time and thus becoming a liability, it was Kobe who bailed him out in the 4ths. And Shaq knows.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 08-12-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    But he did quit at the end of that game with the tantrum. It's like getting all full of jizz and c0ckblocking yourself cause the b1tch ain't moaning no more. Finish the job nikka.

Lol the only reason Shaq got through the Duncan/Admiral twin towers for that stretch, chickening out on the road in San Antonio like usual is because Kobe Bryant balled out of his mind, and proved to be, the best player on the floor during those series. It all fun and games when Shaq feasted on weak centers from every other team - and Kobe ain't getting in the way of the winning play. That's unselfishness for you. But when the big bois from San Antonio came knocking, we all know Shaq was sucking on Kobe's tit - and Shaq knows. When Shaq blew his load in the first 3 quarters all those years - as usual, started bricking free-throws in crunch time and thus becoming a liability, it was Kobe who bailed him out in the 4ths. And Shaq knows.
    May be true but not my point. You said lebron went into those series with no belief, you are quite simply wrong. It's even more asinine for 17 considering the cavs brought back their title core.

kobe was great in 01(even though let's be honest sa focused their defense on shaq more) but again not my point. You did not address 03 or 04 at all here. Ironic how someone who likes calling out others for deflecting is pretty good at it himself

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

LeBron went to 8 straight finals

Why does Jordan and Kobe get a pass for only 3 straight
    Because everyone knows that Lebron created a strong cast in a conference that didn't require a strong cast to win it for much of the 00's - Dwight won the conference with a weak cast, along with AI, Kidd, and Lebron himself - but Lebron's team struggled in the 09/10 playoffs, so he stacked the deck going forward to ensure Finals runs

Everyone knows this stuff and isn't willing to ignore it like you..

Also, if a team can't beat the other conference in the Finals, that means they can't make it out of that conference and their Finals appearance was conference-dependant.. Lebron can rarely beat the West, thus proving his Finals appearances depend on him being in the East - he'd have 3 Finals appearances in the West - that's why Finals record matters

Btw, Jordan retired, otherwise that's a guaranteed 9 straight Finals appearances from 91-99'.. Pip's migraine in 90' ruined 10 straight and 4-peat

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Nothing that could have happened in Miami would make LeBron better at basketball than Michael Jordan including the great many things that could have happened to make them win a couple more series.
    THIS