Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Spiderman

Spiderman is the best of the Assassin's Creed games.

Default Re: Spiderman

So I'm playing. Very entertaining. In an open world game, it's always been very important that the ability to get around the map be fun, and they got the web slinging down.

The map is a total litter box though. And because of my play style, I'm just running around collecting things and upgrading, and have done as few missions as possible, which is an indication of what a litterbox it is. It feels like an Assassin's creed game, where the map is segmented off, and you get these repeats of menial missions that I could totally see becoming dreary monotony. Beginning with what are essentially viewpoint towers. It's also got a bit of a "The Division" feel because of that too.

The combat is really well done. It's like a much faster version of the Batman combat. The animations look spectacular though. Again, so far, a few of the moves are becoming monotonous, as they're consistently effective, although that might change. It has been more challenging than I expected as well.

It's a great take on Manhattan. I was excited for The Division about playing in Manhattan, and wound up a bit disappointed. This is a much better take, blending a lot of genuine landmarks with comic world additions. So far very few interiors, and it does feel oddly small for a game of this level of release. Which isn't really a knock, I don't need to feel like I have to play for 20 minutes to the next mission, and part of that is because the web slinging is well done, you can travel at a crazy right, and it's enjoyable on top of it.

I'll check back in when I get into more missions, which is coming soon. I'm almost out of things to do.

I'm super hyped to play this game. I have so many fond memories and if this is anything like Arkham Asylum and the Batman games I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I'm super hyped to play this game. I have so many fond memories and if this is anything like Arkham Asylum and the Batman games I'm all in.

I love the Arkham games, and I'd say I like this better, without thinking about it too much. Although there are a few things about it that might bother people. It's definitely smaller. But I consider it's size just about perfect.

Webslinging is goddamn awesome in this game

I found the game a little too easy, either focus bar should be nerfed or self-healing

story is solid, ending is great

sets up a good sequel

combat is fun diverse, balanced in that it's probably all too OP

or maybe not maybe the game just didn't up the stakes/difficulty enough

best things about the combat

1. flows really well
    2. found myself using all aspects (gadgets/web/air/melee/object throwing)

bad combat systems are unbalanced and encourage you to rely on one or two strategies

i'd throw a spider drone, web bomb into the crowd of enemies, web zip, melee into an air attack combo, special attack K.O, use some more gadgets, web throw an object

and as u lvl up and use skill tokens it makes it better

complex enough while maintaining simplicity

if only the missions truly got progressively harder as they should have to match my increasing combat abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Webslinging is goddamn awesome in this game

I found the game a little too easy, either focus bar should be nerfed or self-healing

story is solid, ending is great

sets up a good sequel

combat is fun diverse, balanced in that it's probably all too OP

or maybe not maybe the game just didn't up the stakes/difficulty enough

best things about the combat

1. flows really well
    2. found myself using all aspects (gadgets/web/air/melee/object throwing)

bad combat systems are unbalanced and encourage you to rely on one or two strategies

i'd throw a spider drone, web bomb into the crowd of enemies, web zip, melee into an air attack combo, special attack K.O, use some more gadgets, web throw an object

and as u lvl up and use skill tokens it makes it better

complex enough while maintaining simplicity

if only the missions truly got progressively harder as they should have to match my increasing combat abilities

I haven't finished, but I agree with much of this. I weirdly went after all the side stuff as soon as it was presented with me, so for example, I got all the backpacks before beating a mission. That put me in a spot where I wasn't leveling up as fast as I probably should've been, because you basically get enough XP to level up every mission. So I did have some challenge in combat for a while. Once I did level up though, I had so many tokens from all the side stuff, that I was able to buy gadgets and suits en mass, and was able to start blowing through stuff.

I haven't gotten very good at the gadget use to this point. Otherwise I agree about the combat flow and diversity. The special moves. The use of the webs as shooters, and the use of them to throw. And the variety in enemy type, really make the combat just complex enough that you can't get away with button mashing, but nothing feels close to being unachievable. And it looks great when you really get it going.

I think the real charm to it is that in any open world game, it's really important to make getting around the world fun, and the web slinging mechanic is about as good as it gets. I've only fast traveled five times, mostly because I noticed there was a trophy for it. You can traverse the city so easily from top to bottom, there's very little reason to go through the load screen of the fast travel. Especially because it's fun to get around, and the city looks great.

good reviews OP + ISB

imma bite on this soon

Just started playing this

I love the combat it feels like a refined Arkham game, and swinging through the city is a joy.

The game is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by KD7 View Post
    Just started playing this

I love the combat it feels like a refined Arkham game, and swinging through the city is a joy.

The game is beautiful
    It's fun af, it really turns up hardcore in the third act of the campaign.

But overall I thought the difficulty was pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh View Post
    It's fun af, it really turns up hardcore in the third act of the campaign.

But overall I thought the difficulty was pretty easy
    Do we get to see any of the Symbiotes in this game or is it just the Sinister Six as the villans

Do we get to see any of the Symbiotes in this game or is it just the Sinister Six as the villans
    honestly I don't even know the Spiderman universe that well to remember, was only into X-men

but the latter half of the game theres a series where you're basically fighting one boss after another, it's sick

PS4 vs PS5 comparison

PS4 vs PS5 comparison

Raytracing makes games look so much more realistic

Not something you can notice from recent next gen YT game trailers, you really experience it best playing on a big TV or solid PC monitor

i think that the graphical jump from nba 2k21 current gen (already released) to 2k21 next gen should be a good metric on determining how much of an improvement we'll see going from ps4 to 5. the only thing i see in those spideyman screenies being an improvement are the shadows and highlights, or 'contrast' rather... arguably not even an improvement depending on whether you prefer your image more natural looking or 'popping'.
    Last edited by diamenz; 10-01-2020 at 04:22 PM.