Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Discuss how/why the Celtics just beat the Lakers in 2010 NBA Finals game 5

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Fisher's 2-9, while guarding Ray Allen and shutting him down and playing sound defense and not missing assignmens> Pau 12/12 with 5-12 shooting.
    Rondo did pretty good besides his careless decision making. I wonder who guarded Rondo.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Discuss how/why the Celtics just beat the Lakers in 2010 NBA Finals game 5

Quote Originally Posted by sayitaintso
    Remember when someone went 10-29? Fisher won that game in the fourth quarter. 29 attempts have more of an impact on the overall results...but Fisher kept the Lakers from losing in 5.
    sure, fisher won that game by making huge shots (many of which I thought were outside of his repertoire at this point). and?

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

Ron Artest shooting 30% for the series. Getting Wide Open Three Point shots every game.

All he does is just brick them, hesistates for 5 seconds, dribbles one on one baseline to baseline and turning it over, running out the shotclock, and being a liability on offense.

Fisher's 2-9, while guarding Ray Allen and shutting him down and playing sound defense and not missing assignmens> Pau 12/12 with 5-12 shooting.

he is hurt...the only reason he is playing that many minutes is b/c Odom is acting like a pansy. Im not gonna blame Bynum when the only reason he is playing on a torn MCL is b/c Odom is shook. Im gonna blame Odom and Gasol for being shook
    ray shot 5/10 and most of his misses were on decent looks. fish played alright D, but not the shut down D you are pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by laronprofit9
    Ron Artest shooting 30% for the series. Getting Wide Open Three Point shots every game.

All he does is just brick them, hesistates for 5 seconds, dribbles one on one baseline to baseline and turning it over, running out the shotclock, and being a liability on offense.
    that was a great possession he had in the third when he drove the land and opened it up for kobe. I thought he was nuts (too much dribbling for him IMO) but hey

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by laronprofit9

Remember Rashard Lewis? Maybe Ron Artest has the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by sayitaintso
    Rondo did pretty good besides his careless decision making. I wonder who guarded Rondo.
    yeah, his decisions once he was in the paint were pretty bad today. I thought it was gonna cost them the game.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

he is hurt...the only reason he is playing that many minutes is b/c Odom is acting like a pansy.
    He is literally always hurt. I think that injury should cease to be an excuse for Bynum from this point forward until he either plays a complete season without sitting out significant stretches with serious injuries or takes part in a long post-season run without eventually running into serious health problems. He has done neither so far in his career.

Bynum and injury have been completely synonymous so far in his career. So much to the point where he should be accustomed to playing banged up and should still find away to have an impact -- especially when it comes to something like rebounding -- which is the most fundamental aspect of playing the 5 spot in this league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He is literally always hurt. I think that injury should cease to be an excuse for Bynum from this point forward until he either plays a complete season without sitting out significant stretches with serious injuries or takes part in a long post-season run without eventually running into serious health problems. He has done neither so far in his career.

Bynum and injury have been completely synonymous so far in his career. So much to the point where he should be accustomed to playing banged up and should still find away to have an impact -- especially when it comes to something like rebounding -- which is the most fundamental aspect of playing the 5 spot in this league.
    I guess you have never had an MCL injury, let alone a tear. Regardless of the fact he has been hurt a lot in his career, most NBA players in his position wouldnt be playing in the Finals. So his minutes have been good enough for me...he is boxing out and Pau is pulling in the boards from his box outs. As long as the Lakers get the rebound it doesnt matter to me.

I guess you have never had an MCL injury, let alone a tear.
    I actually tore my ACL in high school. It wasn't a lot of fun.

I'm not insinuating that Bynum is 'faking' or that his injuries haven't been legitimate. I'm just pointing out that health has always been a problem for the guy, so there is really no sense in continuing to point it out. Bynum is literally never 100-percent. Hell... He has probably only been 90-percent a few times during his career.

He may never play a game completely healthy.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    I don't care about fta because Celts play aggressive and hack a lot, they deserve those foul calls. I didn't see any that they didn't deserve. The fourth quarter calls is what decides the game.
    Of course you wouldnt care b/c it hurts your view on it all.

It's not like Boston was only shooting 3's and jumpers all night. They were posting up and driving to the lane as much as they took jumpers. so you can't use that excuse either.

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    It's ok, I believe Lakers could have won both games if they were playing at home. It's hard to win in the fourth when the refs calls everything against u. We still got this when we get home.
    Nah...while I agree that a few calls were just bizarre, it was ultimately the Lakers who lost this game. Defense wins championships and the Lakers D was horrendous. You need a team effort to beat the Celtics. The Lakers need to forget about the refs, forget about everything else and just focus on trying to win the next 2 games as a team.

Wow... I knew that Rondo was scoring the ball at a pretty efficient rate tonight, but I just took a look at the box for the first time.

He finished 9-for-12 from the field to go along with eight assists.

Rajon continues to impress and no stage seems too big for him. What a coming out party this post-season has been for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Wow... I knew that Rondo was scoring the ball at a pretty efficient rate tonight, but I just took a look at the box for the first time.

He finished 9-for-12 from the field to go along with eight assists.

Rajon continues to impress and no stage seems too big for him. What a coming out party this post-season has been for him.
    There was at least one instance where I thought he should have just shot the ball instead of looking to dish it. He has a little room to improve his decision making.

Also, he missed a gimme tonight. idk if its because he goes up wiht one hand a lot or what but he misses layups occasionally. Either way, he is damn impressive lately and looks to be a superstar soon, if not already.

The Lakers two 7 footers collectively played like two ******s. I know Gasol ended up with 12 rebounds but it had to be the quietest and wussiest 12 rebounds in NBA finals history. And hurting or not, if you're a 7 footer and play 32 minutes, you almost have to be trying to only get 1 rebound. That's pathetic.

And oh yeah, the Celtics were just the better team tonight. The game was not nearly as close as the final 6 point margin indicates.