Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default So in a year where two small forwards won regular season MVP and Finals MVP...

And neither of them were LeBron James (a small forward), why is the media (mostly just ESPN) still calling him the "best player on the planet?"

He got outplayed all year by Durant in the regular season and then in the Finals got outplayed by a role player.

Default Re: So in a year where two small forwards won regular season MVP and Finals MVP...

1). Because he is the best player on the planet.

2). Sometimes you face a team, or teams, that are better than your team.

3). Who else are we going to talk about? The King is the face of the league.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: So in a year where two small forwards won regular season MVP and Finals MVP...

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    1). Because he is the best player on the planet.
    Dat ESPN-esque circular reasoning logic.

Just keep repeating the same thing until people blindly accept it as fact. I'm sure it'll work.
    Last edited by russwest0; 06-30-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Banned

LeBron > Kawhi > Durant

LeBron 2 FMVP's 4 MVP's

Kawhi and Durant combined 1 FMVP 1 MVP

Deal with it.

LeBron didn't get outplayed by anyone in the finals individually. He also didn't arguably get outplayed by anyone else on his team throughout the playoffs like Durant.

LeBron is still the best player on the planet until Durant can translate his regular season form into the playoffs.

lol @ outplayed .. Lebron is still the best player in the nba and it's not even close

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    And neither of them were LeBron James (a small forward), why is the media (mostly just ESPN) still calling him the "best player on the planet?"

He got outplayed all year by Durant in the regular season and then in the Finals got outplayed by a role player.
    Probably something to do with the channel's owners and Lebron's sponsors.

College superstar

LeBron was clearly outplayed by Leonard in the 2 biggest games of the Finals on his home court too. He's a role player and with LeBron as his matchup he looked like an All-Star in games 3-5.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

If MJ had today's crazy marketability for its best players, he coulda probably bought the Bulls instead of the Bobcats and been a multibillionare by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    LeBron was clearly outplayed by Leonard in the 2 biggest games of the Finals on his home court too. He's a role player and with LeBron as his matchup he looked like an All-Star in games 3-5.
    LeBron is overrated. I honestly wish they talked more about US soccer team history in the World Cup and cover the remaining teams. Heck even talk about women's tennis in Wimbledon, if you follow tennis, the tournament has been crazy on the women's side. Tons of upsets.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Calling legit basketball people "the media" doesnt mean they dont know the game. NBA coaches working for a tv station dont forget about basketball. lebron is considered the best by most people id say are involved with or care a lot about the game.

The media follows general opinion more than they set it.

Nobody gives a shit whats on espn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Calling legit basketball people "the media" doesnt mean they dont know the game. NBA coaches working for a tv station dont forget about basketball. lebron is considered the best by most people id say are involved with or care a lot about the game.

The media follows general opinion more than they set it.

Nobody gives a shit whats on espn.
    Except for the OP apparently

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Except for the OP apparently
    Sometimes for fun I watch SportsCenter and see how much they mention LeBron in an hour. I think yesterday it was like 24 times.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Sometimes for fun I watch SportsCenter and see how much they mention LeBron in an hour. I think yesterday it was like 24 times.
    Lol, they've done the same in the past for Favre, Tebow, and coming this fall, Johnny Manziel. How anyone can watch that show regularly is beyond me

Top 1 Bball Mind.

ESPN in OP's head rent free.