Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum > Fantasy Premier League

Fantasy Premier League Fantasy BBall Premier League 2013-14

Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
D.Z.W.
High school junior varsity star

Default 2010-2011 Regular Season wrap up + Playoffs Preview

Did this last year, so I figured I'd do it this year as well =)

First of all, congratulations to all who qualified for the playoffs
And to those who didn't, better luck next time

The season definitely didn't go the way many people expected, as majority of the powerhouse managers in premiere league who are perennially title contenders failed to even qualify for the playoffs - but just goes to show you that even the best will struggle in this league if you don't bring your A game.

Before the preview, gonna announce some awards! All my own opinion of course, feel free to disagree lol.

Rookie of the year: Truth - not much needs to be said here, finished #2 in the standings, consistent performance throughout the season, solid trades and add/drops make it an obvious choice here.
(runner up: OJMayo)

Most surprising performances: OJMayo & LD - most people didn't believe in Mayo's fantasy skills (including me tbh), but the previous winner of minors league proves he's no fluke, bouncing back from a terrible draft and turning in an overall very solid performance through great add/drops.

As for LD, wow, who would have thought he'd be near the bottom, but a mediocre draft along with bad luck and hesitancy to make big moves just didn't turn out to be a very good combination.

And finally,

The King of Slings (aka most active trader): B4Life - as usual he tops the list by an overwhelming margin, its tough to see anyone ever challenging him to dethrone him of this title
(runner ups: BK Worms & DZW)

Now on to the first round preview!

Consolation Playoffs
BYE: Vapid, Stat

#9 Tian V #12 Stro

Despite being the lower seed, Stro is considerably the more talented team with a very strong trio in Dwight, Blake & Rondo - however, he is still going to be without the services of Eric Gordon, which obviously hurts his chances quite a fair bit. On the bright side for Stro is that he's facing a team in Tian which has been absolutely falling apart in the last few weeks due to severe injuries to key players such as Rudy Gay/Blatche. Although I expect Tian to make cunning streams to make it a very competitive matchup, it may not make up for the lack of remaining depth on his roster.

Predicted winner: Stro

#10 Sky V #11 Sizz

Although Sky started off the year very poorly, he managed the claw and scrap his way to the 10th seed, which is quite respectable considering he only had one win in just the first eight weeks - his team does not have much top end talent, but has a lot of serviceable role players which he picked up from the waivers. On the other hand, Sizz's team is the opposite of the spectrum, aside from his main big guns in Kobe & Lebron (as well as Al Jeff), he has pretty much nothing but very borderline players filling out the rest of the squad. Although standings wise is not an upset, name/reputation wise, I'm calling an upset here.

Predicted winner: Sky

Championship Playoffs
BYE: DZW, Truth

#4 Mayo V #5 Pete

I see a lot of resemblance of the 09-10 'Stro' in Mayo this year, somewhat questionable team talent wise, but the players complement their strengths well, which has allowed the manager to sneak up on other teams this year by being overlooked pretty much the whole time. It would be unwise to count Mayo out, but I personally don't see him winning the matchup - as Pete's team is just flat out scary with Westbrook, DWade and LaBeastridge. Pete is personally my dark horse pick to win it all this year to be truthful.

Predicted winner: Pete

#3 B4Life V #6 BK Worms

The two slingers battle it out in the first round, although B4Life definitely has the talent edge in my opinion, the players on his team seem less consistent than the players on BK's team - making it not only an intriguing matchup, but an even one that is hard to predict. If Chris Paul came back any later, this probably would have been a roflstomp, but with him healthy, CP3 is always a force you can't count out. That said, I believe B4Life's roster talent and depth will just slightly be too much for BK's "no namers but good players" squad.

Predicted winner: B4Life

Let the games begin! Good luck to everyone

Last edited by D.Z.W. : 03-14-2011 at 08:29 PM.
D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Default Re: 2010-2011 Regular Season wrap up + Playoffs Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
Most surprising performances: OJMayo & LD -

As for LD, wow, who would have thought he'd be near the bottom, but a mediocre draft along with bad luck and hesitancy to make big moves just didn't turn out to be a very good combination.

I would, coward has no heart, enjoy Minors if you even bother to show up you chump.

Quote:
Championship Playoffs
#4 Mayo V #5 Pete

I see a lot of resemblance of the 09-10 'Stro' in Mayo this year, somewhat questionable team talent wise, but the players complement their strengths well, which has allowed the manager to sneak up on other teams this year by being overlooked pretty much the whole time. It would be unwise to count Mayo out, but I personally don't see him winning the matchup - as Pete's team is just flat out scary with Westbrook, DWade and LaBeastridge. Pete is personally my dark horse pick to win it all this year to be truthful.

Lies.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
tian820
NBA lottery pick

I doubt I make any pickups. Too depressing to look at the league anymore. Already set my lineup for the week, someone tell me if I win. Good luck all
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Did this last year, so I figured I'd do it this year as well =)

First of all, congratulations to all who qualified for the playoffs
And to those who didn't, better luck next time

The season definitely didn't go the way many people expected, as majority of the powerhouse managers in premiere league who are perennially title contenders failed to even qualify for the playoffs - but just goes to show you that even the best will struggle in this league if you don't bring your A game.

Before the preview, gonna announce some awards! All my own opinion of course, feel free to disagree lol.

Rookie of the year: Truth - not much needs to be said here, finished #2 in the standings, consistent performance throughout the season, solid trades and add/drops make it an obvious choice here.
(runner up: OJMayo)

Most surprising performances: OJMayo & LD - most people didn't believe in Mayo's fantasy skills (including me tbh), but the previous winner of minors league proves he's no fluke, bouncing back from a terrible draft and turning in an overall very solid performance through great add/drops.

And finally,

The King of Slings (aka most active trader): B4Life - as usual he tops the list by an overwhelming margin, its tough to see anyone ever challenging him to dethrone him of this title
(runner ups: BK Worms & DZW)

Now on to the first round preview!

Consolation Playoffs
BYE: Vapid, Stat

#9 Tian V #12 Stro

Despite being the lower seed, Stro is considerably the more talented team with a very strong trio in Dwight, Blake & Rondo - however, he is still going to be without the services of Eric Gordon, which obviously hurts his chances quite a fair bit. On the bright side for Stro is that he's facing a team in Tian which has been absolutely falling apart in the last few weeks due to severe injuries to key players such as Rudy Gay/Blatche. Although I expect Tian to make cunning streams to make it a very competitive matchup, it may not make up for the lack of remaining depth on his roster.

Predicted winner: Stro

#10 Sky V #11 Sizz

Although Sky started off the year very poorly, he managed the claw and scrap his way to the 10th seed, which is quite respectable considering he only had one win in just the first eight weeks - his team does not have much top end talent, but has a lot of serviceable role players which he picked up from the waivers. On the other hand, Sizz's team is the opposite of the spectrum, aside from his main big guns in Kobe & Lebron (as well as Al Jeff), he has pretty much nothing but very borderline players filling out the rest of the squad. Although standings wise is not an upset, name/reputation wise, I'm calling an upset here.

Predicted winner: Sky

Championship Playoffs
BYE: DZW, Truth

#4 Mayo V #5 Pete

#3 B4Life V #6 BK Worms

The two slingers battle it out in the first round, although B4Life definitely has the talent edge in my opinion, the players on his team seem less consistent than the players on BK's team - making it not only an intriguing matchup, but an even one that is hard to predict. If Chris Paul came back any later, this probably would have been a roflstomp, but with him healthy, CP3 is always a force you can't count out. That said, I believe B4Life's roster talent and depth will just slightly be too much for BK's "no namers but good players" squad.

Predicted winner: B4Life

Let the games begin! Good luck to everyone

great write up. I am proof the Minor winner to Premier system works. I do agree with you my team just doesn't stack up against Pete's team. Not even I can find a way of winning and that's saying something. Next season will be a great season for me especially if I don't get a late first round pick again. It is quite obvious that my decision making is clearly my downfall when it comes to fantasy.

Last edited by lilojmayo : 03-15-2011 at 12:35 AM.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

great posting DZW! and yes the Chris Paul fear factor is forrrrreal, as evidenced by game 1 of his week: 27 points 10 assists 7 steals 5 rebounds 60%FG + and only 2 TOs ha. If Bk keeps it up he'll beat me for sure.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
vapid
Paranoid Android

BK's got to make that Javale McGee beastly triple dub count!

Also... I vote we extend regular season back a week next year! (I know w/ one more week I could've made it.) :P
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #7
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
great write up. I am proof the Minor winner to Premier system works. I do agree with you my team just doesn't stack up against Pete's team. Not even I can find a way of winning and that's saying something. Next season will be a great season for me especially if I don't get a late first round pick again. It is quite obvious that my decision making is clearly my downfall when it comes to fantasy.

You got Amare with that late 1st rounder. I don't think you could have made a better pick from, say, the 4th spot. Child please

Also, I agree with Vaps. I know we discussed shortening the regular season by a week previously, but I like it more when the full season is played into the fantasy season
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
D.Z.W.

well I think Vapid was joking with that push back a week thing, not sure though - but I personally like this current format a ton more, competing with top players against top players is a ton more fun than just whoever's quicker to the wire finding these random 'scrub to studs' because of player shutdowns.

It just seems much more like a finals matchup to me.. having guys like Pierce play against the Kobe's instead of the Delonte West against Shannon Brown's.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #9
vapid
Paranoid Android

Half joking-- I do think giving us one more week wouldn't be bad. It felt short.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #10
bk33
duck my sick

i like the format we have now, it takes away some of the sitting risk that I don't feel is fair, remember Bron sitting out the last four games of last season? woulda sucked if our season went all length.

on top of that there will always be teams that "coulda" made PO if the season was one week longer/shorter.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
You got Amare with that late 1st rounder. I don't think you could have made a better pick from, say, the 4th spot. Child please

Also, I agree with Vaps. I know we discussed shortening the regular season by a week previously, but I like it more when the full season is played into the fantasy season

tian, it isn't the first round pick that affects you. It is the back to backs picks that hurt you so much in general, but especially the middle rounds ,doesn't help if your a poor decision maker ( like myself). Give Cp3, durant, lebron or dirk and let me build around them. back to back pick anyday of the week. One of my strengths is working the FA wire, so give me talent over depth. I'll fill in the rest.

My few good players i ended up trading away for injured players ( which i didn't know they were injured). the second, these trades were made B4life told me about their injury status. to prevent this from occuring next season B4life said he will help me in my decison making process. What a guy.

All in All these mistakes and others won't be made next season. My team was a beautiful disaster, it had no business in the playoffs. ( my playoff performance made that loud a clear).

I will win Premier next season if and only if I end up with a top 5 pick.
Book it.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
tian, it isn't the first round pick that affects you. It is the back to backs picks that hurt you so much in general, but especially the middle rounds ,doesn't help if your a poor decision maker ( like myself). Give Cp3, durant, lebron or dirk and let me build around them. back to back pick anyday of the week. One of my strengths is working the FA wire, so give me talent over depth. I'll fill in the rest.

My few good players i ended up trading away for injured players ( which i didn't know they were injured). the second, these trades were made B4life told me about their injury status. to prevent this from occuring next season B4life said he will help me in my decison making process. What a guy.

All in All these mistakes and others won't be made next season. My team was a beautiful disaster, it had no business in the playoffs. ( my playoff performance made that loud a clear).

I will win Premier next season if and only if I end up with a top 5 pick.
Book it.
Notsureifsrs...
Old 03-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk33
i like the format we have now, it takes away some of the sitting risk that I don't feel is fair, remember Bron sitting out the last four games of last season? woulda sucked if our season went all length.

on top of that there will always be teams that "coulda" made PO if the season was one week longer/shorter.
tend to agree
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
D.Z.W.

Quote:

wtf?
needing another league member to help you make decisions is not something you should even talk, let alone be proud about

good managers can win with ANY pick of the draft, not this conditional 'give me a top 5 pick and I'll win' crap.

Last edited by D.Z.W. : 03-19-2011 at 10:16 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: