Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Damian Lillard is putting up 24/4/7 and got snubbed for the ASG

Putting this quote in so you guys can see my reasoning for Lillard over Klay:
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Honestly, I'd have taken him over Klay. Lillard stepped up this year as the leader of his team and has them in the playoff mix after losing 4 of their 5 starters. Klay wouldn't perform as well as Lillard if he had to lead his own team

That's not a slight to Klay, either. There's two extremes on this board where people either think that Curry is some god leading a bunch of scrubs, or that Curry wouldn't be shit without them, and both of them are false. Klay is a very good player but he obviously benefits from playing next to the MVP and other players like Draymond, whereas Lillard is the guy making the rest of his teammates play better. I remember seeing CJ McCollum's stats with Lillard on the court versus off, and man was there a difference!
    Anotha 1
    to Klay for going on a tear lately, but the guy is assisted on 93% of his threes (per basketball reference), whereas Lillard is only assisted on 49% of his. Overall Klay's assisted on 81% of his shots to Lillard's 31%. Imagine how much Lillard would benefit from playing next to Steph in the backcourt

Agreed with the Klay over LMA though
    Last edited by Inferno; 01-28-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re: Damian Lillard is putting up 24/4/7 and got snubbed for the ASG

Well, what guard (other than Kobe) would you replace with Lillard? It's a tough choice, but not everyone wins unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Well, what guard (other than Kobe) would you replace with Lillard? It's a tough choice, but not everyone wins unfortunately.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Honestly, I'd have taken him over Klay. Lillard stepped up this year as the leader of his team and has them in the playoff mix after losing 4 of their 5 starters. Klay wouldn't perform as well as Lillard if he had to lead his own team

That's not a slight to Klay, either. There's two extremes on this board where people either think that Curry is some god leading a bunch of scrubs, or that Curry wouldn't be shit without them, and both of them are false. Klay is a very good player but he obviously benefits from playing next to the MVP and other players like Draymond, whereas Lillard is the guy making the rest of his teammates play better. I remember seeing CJ McCollum's stats with Lillard on the court versus off, and man was there a difference!
    Last edited by Inferno; 01-28-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Lol didn't realize they're in the playoff mix, as of now. Well shit, ya I would take him over Klay as well.

Banned

The Blazers are on the bubble of being in the lottery and the 8th seed. That's not much to brag about compared to the second best scorer on an All-Time great team who are looking to finish with the best record in league history.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    The Blazers are on the bubble of being in the lottery and the 8th seed. That's not much to brag about compared to the second best scorer on an All-Time great team who are looking to finish with the best record in league history.
    So now the ASG is determined on your team's success?

I would of put him over Klay. He might have a case over Lamarcus but the Spurs are too good.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

I mean Klay's been averaging 24/4/2 on 47/43% the past two months but yeah Lillard deserves it over him and Klay deserves it over LMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    I mean Klay's been averaging 24/4/2 on 47/43% the past two months but yeah Lillard deserves it over him and Klay deserves it over LMA.
    to Klay for going on a tear lately, but the guy is assisted on 93% of his threes (per basketball reference), whereas Lillard is only assisted on 49% of his. Overall Klay's assisted on 81% of his shots to Lillard's 31%. Imagine how much Lillard would benefit from playing next to Steph in the backcourt...Lillard is to McCollum what Steph is to Klay; a star PG that enhances Klay/CJ's already impressive play.

Agreed with the Klay over LMA though

Yeah, he should have made it. Only one I see as the biggest snub.

Default Re: Damian Lillard is putting up 24/4/7 and got snubbed for the AS

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Klay's defense has regressed this year plus if you put Klay instead of Lillard on the Blazers they're either the same or worse.

Default Re: Damian Lillard is putting up 24/4/7 and got snubbed for the AS

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    Klay's defense has regressed this year plus if you put Klay instead of Lillard on the Blazers they're either the same or worse.
    Definitely worse.

Banned

So now the ASG is determined on your team's success?
    When didn't team success count for coach's votes?

I'd personally leave out Anthony Davis who has been a huge disappointment, I'd rather have Lillard, Dirk, or someone from Memphis over AD.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

He'll probably just write another letter so I'm pretty sure he'll get in one way or another