Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Irving Showing Selfishness

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    amen.

so sick of the OMG LOVE NEEDS TO SCORE 20+PPG MORE ELBOW TOUCHES

No he f*cking doesn't. Love needs to space the damn floor and make things easier for James and Kyrie to operate.

Slowing down the Warriors offense requires playing at a SLOWER PACE and limiting shots that create long rebounds and transition opportunities.

Last season cavs had a chance to win every game in the finals playing slow down iso ball. Now people wanna think Cavs need to beat the warriors at their own game? stupid. stupid. stupid.
    From what I'm hearing, Lue is looking to do the complete opposite by implementing a run-and-gun dynamic into their offensive scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    From what I'm hearing, Lue is looking to do the complete opposite by implementing a run-and-gun dynamic into their offensive scheme.
    Just like his boy Lebron wanted

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Last year they wanted to put in an offense by Blatt...Lebron initially disregarded plays and took over point guard duties.

Now it's obvious that his best position is off ball and playi power forward by he refused to relinquish that control.

Lebron camp(Lue) is just doing a better job putting their side in the media. Lebron shouldn't be handling the ball as much as he does...he doesn't have it anymore
    Im not sure what games you are watching, but the Cavs offense has been fine all year.

The Cavs arent offensively challenged. They have a good defense too actually.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Im not sure what games you are watching, but the Cavs offense has been fine all year.

The Cavs arent offensively challenged. They have a good defense too actually.
    They fired a coach who took them to the finals and was first in the conference...I don't think those are the standards they are being held to. The standard is: are they good enough to win the championship

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

oh i know, and i'm pretty unhappy about it.

i'd rather they expend their energy at the defensive end. There is nothing wrong with a slowed down half court offense if a team has the personnel that score in isolation situations on a consistent basis. Cavs have Lebron, Kyrie, Love, and JR Smith. That is their strength.

But f*ck it. Let's play 0 defense and expect to out run and out shoot GSW and/or San Antonio

Just like his boy Lebron wanted
    You mean his coach right?

They fired a coach who took them to the finals and was first in the conference...I don't think those are the standards they are being held to. The standard is: are they good enough to win the championship
    And like I said, nothing about what the Coach implements will change the answer. They will be the same with iso ball and without. Lebron and Kyrie are that good.

How are they gonna stop the Warriors offensively is the only thing they should be worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    oh i know, and i'm pretty unhappy about it.

i'd rather they expend their energy at the defensive end. There is nothing wrong with a slowed down half court offense if a team has the personnel that score in isolation situations on a consistent basis. Cavs have Lebron, Kyrie, Love, and JR Smith. That is their strength.

But f*ck it. Let's play 0 defense and expect to out run and out shoot GSW and/or San Antonio
    I concur.

Further, the integration of a push and go offense doesn't bode well for Moz either, who I personally viewed as vital piece to the puzzle last year.

kyrie is cancer

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    This is bball 101. The more passes you make, the better your chances are of putting the D out of position and getting an easier look. That's why I couldn't stand Kobe at times because he would bring the ball up court and take a contested shot against a set D. That is THE worst shot you can take in bball and that just made me cringe.
    lol also known as "the westbrook"

yeah, Kyrie is just anoother shooting PG

I noticed Delly runs a better PnR with LeBron rolling than Kyrie... tells you a lot

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

There's something to be said for this. In Miami, you had Wade (the vocal leader) who overtly expressed the importance of deferring individual accolades in exchange for team success. This was interconnected with his willingness to hand the wheel over to LeBron. While an admittedly difficult transition from his ways in Toronto, Bosh wilfully accepted his role the third banana as well.

In turn, a unified chemistry and synergy was the result. Something that this Cleveland bunch needs to refer to.

Am I off base here?
    To be fair...Wade had already enjoyed the ultimate success as a player...he led a team to a championship. It's a lot easier to defer to another player when you have nothing to prove. This is only Kyrie's 2nd winning season and that's only because Lebron came back to the Cavs...so he has a huge chip on his shoulder right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    To be fair...Wade had already enjoyed the ultimate success as a player...he led a team to a championship. It's a lot easier to defer to another player when you have nothing to prove.
    Of course. Wade was in a different phase in his career than the up and coming Kyrie currently is. This makes the conflict all the more complex to stranglehold. We're not dealing with a near 30 year old man who is ready and willing to sacrifice his, for the greater good of the team... Or is he? It's hard to say. From the outside looking in, I would extrapolate that Irving has yet to fully make and accept that commitment.

Back to Business

Of course. Wade was in a different phase in his career than the up and coming Kyrie currently is. This makes the conflict all the more complex to stranglehold. We're not dealing with a near 30 year old man who is ready and willing to sacrifice his, for the greater good of the team... Or is he? It's hard to say. From the outside looking in, I would extrapolate that Irving has yet to fully make and accept that commitment.

neither has love....just look at their body language....its soooo evident.look at their body language in the locker room or on the court when things arent going well. Kyrie wanted to be the next ai....lets just be honest.

love is a stat padding bum that would rather want to average 30 ppg and 20 rpg on the sixers than win a championship averaging 15ppg and 10rpg....f*cking garbage.

Decent college freshman

Reminds me of Shaq and Kobe Lakers when Phil first came to L.A. Kobe outright rejected the triangle offense at first. Went so far as to say "This triangle offense aint working" to the local media. But eventually he bought in and the rest is history.

Hopefully Kyrie can buy into the coach's philosophy and they all get on the same page. Would be a shame and a waste of an opportunity if he doesn't. Lebron is the man and he has brought them more success than he's ever sniffed since he's been in the league. Same with Kevin. They have a chance at something great.