Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Almost every NBA game on national TV is a blowout. Other complaints and why NBA sucks

Every time I tune in to the weeknight games on TNT or ESPN it's the same story.

One team has a 15 point lead that they hang on to the entire game. No lead changing, no cutting into it. Just one team permanently ahead by double digits. I tuned in to the Mavs/GSW and HOU/SA games tonight at various points and for the amount of time I watched it was legit the most boring shit. Then I realized almost every NBA game I've tuned in to this year has been exactly like that.

This is the worst the NBA has ever been.

Relevant teams all sitting out key players because they realize the season means shit.

There are never any conflicts/ heated moments either. The NBA should revert to rules before 2006 where more physical play was encouraged, particularly on the perimeter. I bet after that we'd see less buddy buddy every night.

Default Re: Almost every NBA game on national TV is a blowout. Other complaints and why NBA sucks

You're just salty Bran is not going to win.

Default Re: Almost every NBA game on national TV is a blowout. Other complaints and why NBA sucks

Get league pass or quit NBA or something

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    You're just salty Bran is not going to win.

I thought Montana was a Kobe stan?

I've noticed that, too, yet each conference's playoff race is as competitive as it's been in many years.

Decent playground baller

Well about 50% of games are not especially close. The Warriors have blowouts probably 90% of the time, and they are currently nationally televised more than other teams right now, so it would skew things a bit. Luckily, the Warriors are entertaining even when blowing teams out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

That's what they've turned the game into, by turning it into a jump shooting league. It's a game of streaks. If your shot is not falling one night you're gonna get blown out, since you have no other go to moves.

Welcome to the modern NBA. Isn't it great?

This is what happens when the rules favor the perimeter too much. Big men are useless now.

Although I must admit, the warriors are fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    That's what they've turned the game into, by turning it into a jump shooting league. It's a game of streaks. If your shot is not falling one night you're gonna get blown out, since you have no other go to moves.

Welcome to the modern NBA. Isn't it great?
    Just don't blame me, this was Stern's doing.

I rule the local playground

It really is the most boring NBA season of recent history.How many memorable games have there been,four,five?

Very good NBA starter

The regular season is pretty boring now, it's become somewhat of a D-league in that the regular season is mostly about young players learning on the job and then you have guys in contract years playing out of their mind. Everyone else just coasting in wait for playoffs.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RepMe
    Well about 50% of games are not especially close. The Warriors have blowouts probably 90% of the time, and they are currently nationally televised more than other teams right now, so it would skew things a bit. Luckily, the Warriors are entertaining even when blowing teams out.
    Warriors haven't had that many national TV games contrary to popular belief. Lakers have had more.

The TNT games are wild boring. Inside the NBA > the actual games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
    It really is the most boring NBA season of recent history.How many memorable games have there been,four,five?
    That's because the only interesting story at first was how low Warrior's streak would go. Now, we know they will be #1, Spurs will be #2, and Cavs will be #1 in the East. There is nothing compelling at the top.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    The regular season is pretty boring now, it's become somewhat of a D-league in that the regular season is mostly about young players learning on the job and then you have guys in contract years playing out of their mind. Everyone else just coasting in wait for playoffs.
    I'm of the belief that there is also less effort being given this year.

I say that because you mentioned "contract years". Right now with the CAp set to boom, EVERYONE is getting paid no matter what. You don't even need to play good in your contract year. Tristan Thompson is making like 17 million per year and he averages 7 PPG with no rim protection. just rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    That's because the only interesting story at first was how low Warrior's streak would go. Now, we know they will be #1, Spurs will be #2, and Cavs will be #1 in the East. There is nothing compelling at the top.
    Yeah. Spurs-GSW warriors WCF will be the only real series. The Spurs got a shot to beat them, but thats it. The lebrons will get their yearly finals berth and then get raped in the finals.