Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain releases September 1st

I don't get how anyone could be bored from a game like this. 10/10 is 10/10.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I drifted away from this series over the last half decade or so. I was infatuated with the old " ! " over the head era of these games. I loved the stealth elements. But the story wasn't something that ever really interested me, and as the series traced the story to increasingly weird places, and spent so much of the games giving exposition into that story, the less I became interested, and the next thing you knew I was out.

But this was intriguing to me from the get go. I enjoy open world. And I enjoy stealth, although usually a light stealth, and third person duck and cover shooting and adventure. Those are my favorite types of games. And this sounds like it has a bit of everything.

I read GameInformer's review this morning. They were pumped, and came in at 9.25. This could be a rare buy for me that's not a preorder. Just based on the strength of the reviews and the description of the game play. The last game I think I bought like that was Mordor, and I never got into it. But before that it was Arkham Asylum, and I went on to love that series. So who knows.

There's that demo/preview whatever that came out last year. If you like that, then this should be crack cocaine for you and must by because it's going to crap all over that.

Just a heads up, there's a "secret" ending in this game that you have to earn. That's kind of bullshit imo, but apparently it's a really amazing ending.

I've never been into these games but I'm intriqued since you people seem to love it so. Please post as much as you can, would love to hear your thoughts as you're actually playing.

Banned

The launch trailer is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alxN1i1GagM

We're on the home run, folks.

EDIT: From what I've heard, there's a spoiler around the 2:50 mark. I won't be watching because of that, as well because I have yet to play Ground Zeroes.
    Last edited by Shade8780; 08-25-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    The launch trailer is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alxN1i1GagM

We're on the home run, folks.
    Read about 6 reviews now; I think I will be getting it bro.
    Super excited; the freedom the game allows you is too much to pass up for me.

Watched a friend play for about a half hour today and I'm not going to lie (you heard me say earlier in the thread I'm not a fan of the series), it looked great. Very fluid, so much you can do. Almost too much to do, weren't really sure what to do. But it looked fun as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Watched a friend play for about a half hour today and I'm not going to lie (you heard me say earlier in the thread I'm not a fan of the series), it looked great. Very fluid, so much you can do. Almost too much to do, weren't really sure what to do. But it looked fun as hell.
    How did your friend get it early?

And yeah, I'll definitely be posting my thoughts in here. Hopefully we get enough people to keep the thread active.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    How did your friend get it early?

And yeah, I'll definitely be posting my thoughts in here. Hopefully we get enough people to keep the thread active.
    I don't know actually, i'm not aware when the game comes out so it didn't occur to me that it was strange he had it. I'll ask and let you know. Probably in the Bronx. I know when GTA came out he drove out there to get it a few days early. Stores in manhattan (mom and pop) and Brooklyn put shit out a day early at the most.

I was thinking cool, i'll go pick this shit up at Best Buy tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I don't know actually, i'm not aware when the game comes out so it didn't occur to me that it was strange he had it. I'll ask and let you know. Probably in the Bronx. I know when GTA came out he drove out there to get it a few days early. Stores in manhattan (mom and pop) and Brooklyn put shit out a day early at the most.

I was thinking cool, i'll go pick this shit up at Best Buy tomorrow.
    Yeah it comes out September 1st. I'm guessing he got it at a store that broke street date. Going to mom and pop shops is a good way to get games early.

Banned

heavincent, are you getting the collector's edition?

Played everything in this series up through Snake Eater and loved all of them. Kojima tells a f*cking great story.

Its my hope that someday the series will make its way to the PC but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not interested in buying a PS3 or PS4 when my rig does everything that those machines do, but better.

I'll definitely be picking it up, but it might not be right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    heavincent, are you getting the collector's edition?
    Nah. I didn't want to take a chance with Amazon running out stock, which can happen with limited editions.