Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Top 10 SGs in current NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Anti404
    ^
    When people call him the second best two-guard in the league then yes, he is being overrated. However, if they say that, at times he played as such, that would be a true statement. When Duncan went down, Emanuel stepped up his game to a really good level.

I would, personally, only take Wade, Kobe, and AI over Emanuel. He plays defense, draws charges, and can set up the offense and score in a variety of way without having to have the ball in his hand(such as the case with Kobe, Wade, AI, etc.)
    it depends how you look at it... individually he is a great talent. Its not his fault he is surrounded by great players but i don't think he can lead a great team. i agree yes he has stepped up in multiple situations. he just isnt in the same level as other top SG. personally i dont think you overrate him even though i dont think he is a top 5 SG. (i know weird statement). and Im not trying to hate on the guy Top 10 without a doubt, i just wanted to lay down my 2 cents. I think some people are overrating him.
    Last edited by Jordandunk23; 08-22-2008 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    it depends how you look at it... individually he is a great talent. Its not his fault he is surrounded by great players but i don't think he can lead a great team. i agree yes he has stepped up in multiple situations. he just isnt in the same level as other top SG. personally i dont think you overrate him even though i dont think he is a top 5 SG. (i know weird statement). and Im not trying to hate on the guy Top 10 without a doubt, i just wanted to lay down my 2 cents. I think some people are overrating him.
    I agree.

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    ****ing hater
    No. It

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    1. Kobe Bryant - Reigning MVP

2. Dwayne Wade - Not completely sold, need to see him stay healthy

3. Tracy McGrady - He could move up, needs to stay healthy like Wade

4. Allen Iverson - Has to fall off eventually

5. Vince Carter - McGrady is better, but Vince will have better numbers

6. Manu Ginobilli - Great all-around player.

7. Joe Johnson - Stats will dip a little as Hawks youth develops

8. Ray Allen - Playoff performance might be due to family issues, age is concern

9. Brandon Roy Future All-Star

10. Michael Redd - great scorer, subpar all-around player.

11. Kevin Martin - Will be top 10 in scoring

12. Richard Hamilton - Poor man's Reggie

13. Jason Richardson - Needs to step up for Cats playoff berth

14. Ben Gordon - Uncertain contract status makes him difficult to place

15. Stephen Jackson - Loss Baron, addition of Corey will keep numbers steady

Honorable mentions: Larry Hughes, Jamal Crawford

tmac over vince and gino?

Carter 39 mpg 21.3 ppg 6 rpg 5 apg 0.456 FG 0.359 3 p
    ginobili 31 mpg 19.5 ppg 6 rpg 5 apg 0.460 fg 0.401 3 p
    mcgrady 37 mpg 21.6 ppg 6 rpg 6 apg 0.419 fg 0.292 3 p
    Last edited by Rekindled; 08-22-2008 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled

Carter 39 mpg 21.3 ppg 6 rpg 5.1 apg 0.456 FG 0.359 3 p
    ginobili 31 mpg 19.5 ppg 4.8 rpg 4.5 apg 0.460 fg 0.401 3 p
    mcgrady 37 mpg 21.6 ppg 5.1 rpg 6 apg 0.419 fg 0.292 3 p
    edit

not really a valid argument questioning t-mac over vince and gino... numbers alone is not a good reason and using numbers doesnt help your case in this situation. 3p fg%? - Kobe 36% Wade 28.6% Iverson 34.5%
    Last edited by Jordandunk23; 08-22-2008 at 07:51 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled

Carter 39 mpg 21.3 ppg 6 rpg 5 apg 0.456 FG 0.359 3 p
    ginobili 31 mpg 19.5 ppg 6 rpg 5 apg 0.460 fg 0.401 3 p
    mcgrady 37 mpg 21.6 ppg 6 rpg 6 apg 0.419 fg 0.292 3 p
    Tmacs team won 55 games and had a twenty two game wining streak.eleven were without yao. also stats dont truly indicate how much he infulences a game. anyone with half a brain would put mcgrady over gino and carter. he runs the whole offense. he makes the rockets tick. gino is a cog in a well oiled machine tmac is the whole engine that keeps the rockets wining.. carter is not even in there league in terms of being a game changer. tracy averaged twenty eight points in the playoffs this year. he was a walking triple double for most part against utah despite struggling with he's shot except the last two games of the series where he averaged thirty five points and a game 6 where he scored fourty points, ten boards and 5 assists.
    Last edited by ronnymac; 08-22-2008 at 07:49 AM.

[QUOTE=Bimbo Coles]Damn is Iverson one overrated MF on here or what? Forget top 2 or 3, if Allen Iverson is even a top ten SG, I

edit

not really a valid argument questioning t-mac over vince and gino... numbers alone is not a good reason and using numbers doesnt help your case in this situation. 3p fg%? - Kobe 36% Wade 28.6% Iverson 34.5%
    what .3 rebounds and 1.5 assists less in 6 whole minutes less on the court? not a big deal imo. shows how much more efficient manu is than tmac. give him 6 more minutes and i think he can grab .3 rebounds and dish out 1.5 assists...

as for not being a leader, hes lead the spurs plenty of times. check out his stats from when duncan went down. back to back 37 point games against the mavs (who always go balls out against the spurs) and then the jazz (who the 'triple double machine' couldn't get over the hump). he's also lead several euro teams to championships. he's been the main guy plenty of times.

he dropped 46/8/5/3 in bron's house. if that's not a leader i dont know what is.

and enough with this "he doesn't even start" business!!!

Learning to shoot layups

Manu Ginobli is the most overated player ever in the NBA
    he isnt he even the best player on his team
    Wade kills him and so does t-mac
    even allen iverson is still better than him

Quote Originally Posted by knicks4eva
    Manu Ginobli is the most overated player ever in the NBA
    he isnt he even the best player on his team
    Wade kills him and so does t-mac
    even allen iverson is still better than him
    some pretty piss pour arguments there

he isn't the best player on his team? so if he's not better than TIM FREAKING DUNCAN, he must not be better than another shooting guard on another team. lulz

Quote Originally Posted by SayTownRy
    what .3 rebounds and 1.5 assists less in 6 whole minutes less on the court? not a big deal imo. shows how much more efficient manu is than tmac. give him 6 more minutes and i think he can grab .3 rebounds and dish out 1.5 assists...

as for not being a leader, hes lead the spurs plenty of times. check out his stats from when duncan went down. back to back 37 point games against the mavs (who always go balls out against the spurs) and then the jazz (who the 'triple double machine' couldn't get over the hump). he's also lead several euro teams to championships. he's been the main guy plenty of times.

he dropped 46/8/5/3 in bron's house. if that's not a leader i dont know what is.

and enough with this "he doesn't even start" business!!!
    look i understand you felt you have to defend him, your probably a spurs fan and you watch him alot and your a fan of him. but your playing a numbers game. your talking about numbers of .3? 1.5? what would happen in 6 more minutes? thats ridiculous! do really decipher players through the difference of .3 rebounds/assist etc.?

you said hes led the spurs plenty of time, yes i also stated the same fact. but he is not the leader of the spurs. he is a role player for the spurs. he plays his role and plays it well.

you want to talk about games and how great he is well here you go. The last two games in the PLAYOFFS againts the Lakers he played 36 minutes and scored 7 points the followed it up with 9 points in 31 minutes...

He is a great player i never questioned that. alot of people are just overrating him. he has never carried a team through a season, 31 minutes is the most he has played IN HIS CAREER... Ginobili has the talent and he is a top 10 SG but come on!.. really.. he hasnt put in the work the premier guards in the league has.

i think we all know ginobili walked around in a giant cast for the entire month following the laker series...

he plays limited minutes because of his explosive play. it would be insane to let him run out there for any longer.

as for putting in the work? his resume speaks for itself. it's a top 2 SG resume in the league, in terms of results and individual contribution. the spurs don't have the success they've had without him.

Quote Originally Posted by SayTownRy
    i think we all know ginobili walked around in a giant cast for the entire month following the laker series...

he plays limited minutes because of his explosive play. it would be insane to let him run out there for any longer.

as for putting in the work? his resume speaks for itself. it's a top 2 SG resume in the league, in terms of results and individual contribution. the spurs don't have the success they've had without him.
    ok going paragraph by paragraph. yes i know. i gave him slack for that but you want to throw stats around and thats why i felt i had to throw that.

explosive play. thats a sorry excuse because Iverson played over 40 min. a game season after season his whole career. T-mac injury prone playing injured still played 37 min a game. and your talking about explosive? Wade has been playing 38 min a game every season outside his rookie year.

puttin in work? no he hasnt put in the work the elite shooting guards in this league has. thats clear on my previous paragraph. individual contribution, he is a great contributor no doubt. and he IS a vital part of the spurs success. but tell me this. if you really really looked at manu individually againts other guards in the NBA. if he didnt play for the san antonio spurs. tell me do you really think he is the 2nd best guard in the NBA? before you evens set your fingers on the keyboard keys, think about that...

if you truely believe that he is the 2nd best shooting guard in the NBA, then HEY thats your opinion. i mean i dont think so but its not like its a greatly ridiculous statement like other things on this board.

in my opinion, Tmac isnt top 10 sg in current nba.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

ok going paragraph by paragraph. yes i know. i gave him slack for that but you want to throw stats around and thats why i felt i had to throw that.

explosive play. thats a sorry excuse because Iverson played over 40 min. a game season after season his whole career. T-mac injury prone playing injured still played 37 min a game. and your talking about explosive? Wade has been playing 38 min a game every season outside his rookie year.

puttin in work? no he hasnt put in the work the elite shooting guards in this league has. thats clear on my previous paragraph. individual contribution, he is a great contributor no doubt. and he IS a vital part of the spurs success. but tell me this. if you really really looked at manu individually againts other guards in the NBA. if he didnt play for the san antonio spurs. tell me do you really think he is the 2nd best guard in the NBA? before you evens set your fingers on the keyboard keys, think about that...

if you truely believe that he is the 2nd best shooting guard in the NBA, then HEY thats your opinion. i mean i dont think so but its not like its a greatly ridiculous statement like other things on this board.
    he's actually the best

in flopping