Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Basketball Experts; Rate my game

I'm also interested in finding out which NBA players (if any) you guys think that I shoot like.

Here's the link to my shootaround: http://youtu.be/LGN_ROahC-Q

Default Re: Basketball Experts; Rate my game

40 views and 0 comments. Am I supposed to think that my game left you speechless?

You're a baller, in the terms of you know what you're doing and what to do.
    I can see that little "swag mode" when you always fade away in your jump shots and that stoppage and moving the body when you are preparing your shoot.

I admit it that i didn't watch the all thing, it was enough the first 2 minutes.

One thing that i'm curious, you're not a very fast guy right? The way you run, it doesn't seem like it .. you don't have a great elevation of your feet

Do you play in any league in school or college, i don't know your age?

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    You're a baller, in the terms of you know what you're doing and what to do.
    I can see that little "swag mode" when you always fade away in your jump shots and that stoppage and moving the body when you are preparing your shoot.

I admit it that i didn't watch the all thing, it was enough the first 2 minutes.

One thing that i'm curious, you're not a very fast guy right? The way you run, it doesn't seem like it .. you don't have a great elevation of your feet

Do you play in any league in school or college, i don't know your age?
    Thanks for the post. Yeah, I'm not as athletic as I used to be (will be 30 soon), but I'm still pretty quick (not necessarily fast, but quick). I can slash to the basket pretty easily, but there's not much of that I can show in a video without a defender in front of me.

I do shoot a lot of fadeaways, that's just my style I guess. I have never been a spot-up shooter, I usually create my own shoot, and I have always found it easier to find balance for my shoot while fading away (strange, I know). Check the move at the 5.05 mark for instance. I can make that shot a lot easier that way than taking it jumping straight.

I did play some high school and collage basketball, but not in the USA. The competition was not near the level it is here. Nowadays just play pick up games once or twice a week.

NBA rookie of the year

I was surprised, you know how to ball and your shottechnique is not optimal but you can definitely get them shots going, it's easy to tell. And that's a really shitty basket, hard to make it rain..

I am considering to post some video like that as well, I've played for the youth national team in Sweden and in the basketball league but I don't know, people here seem to live on their hatred, haha..

Anyway, I didn't watch the whole video but you got game and I liked your moves and fakes, not too much and too flashy but it will get a defender go for them fakes.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Basketball is a gay sport
    Dude, Sweden made it to the euro playoffs in basketball, they almost beat Germany too!

Portugal was never close! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I was surprised, you know how to ball and your shottechnique is not optimal but you can definitely get them shots going, it's easy to tell. And that's a really shitty basket, hard to make it rain..

I am considering to post some video like that as well, I've played for the youth national team in Sweden and in the basketball league but I don't know, people here seem to live on their hatred, haha..

Anyway, I didn't watch the whole video but you got game and I liked your moves and fakes, not too much and too flashy but it will get a defender go for them fakes.
    Thanks. Yeah, go ahead and post your own video when you get a chance. I don't know about the others, but you surely wouldn't be getting a shitty response from me.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Thanks. Yeah, go ahead and post your own video when you get a chance. I don't know about the others, but you surely wouldn't be getting a shitty response from me.
    Maybe I sign up with a new account and post it then.
    I can't claim I stand for everything I've written on this site, haha, and it wouldn't be too hard to find out who I am if I'd post a video.

By the way, where are you from originally?

And I can't really give you any negative comments regarding fading away, I'd rather have a fadeaway shot than a straight jump shot, it's more effective if you know how to make it which you can do based on watching the video. Sure, you won't be able to make fast catch and shoot shots but I rather have a fade away jumper if I'm going to create my shot..

I have played with someone who shot exactly like you, haha, I'm annoyed now because I watched some parts of the video again and I still can't tell who it was who shot exactly like you..

You played in college? Where? On scholarship?

You look slow as shit, no handles, lazy jumper. At least your shot goes in, though.

Just calling it like I see it. How tall are you, by the way?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ace23

You look slow as shit, no handles, lazy jumper. At least your shot goes in, though.

Are you as good at basketball as you are as a rapper?

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Are you as good at basketball as you are as a rapper?
    As good of an emcee as I am, I'd have to say I'm a much better basketball player.

Well, obviously you didn't go to college, because you don't know how to read.

NBA rookie of the year

As good of an emcee as I am, I'd have to say I'm a much better basketball player.
    Haha, dude, you're the worst rapper of all-time..

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Well, obviously you didn't go to college, because you don't know how to read.
    What? You said you played in college.

Honestly, you're decent. Just trying to be as harsh as possible. How tall are you?

i'd never teach any of the kids i coach to shoot like that, but your shot is actually pretty decent. you don't look too athletic so im guessing you rely on your craftiness more. Maybe it's why you shoot like that in the first place? To get your shot off easier? I know it sucks to try and block someone who kicks their leg out, sometimes you get nailed in the shin or knee lol

try and have a more repetitive shootaround. I only watched like 2 mins so i dont know if you did this already but try doing this like pivot and drive to the basket to the right like 10 times. and then you do the same drive but with a counter as if the help came over. and then you do the same thing but going the opposite direction (from the same side of the court though). after you do that you can switch the side of the court you're on and do it again. then you can do pullups.

i usually do that and then do full court simulations like grab the rebound and then pushing the ball and taking pullups or whatever you want to work on in general.

overall you're a good player. maybe not lebron but youre not gonna stick up any runs at the pickup courts thats for sure