Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which current 22 and under duo would you build around?

You're given a shitty team with the choice of one 22 and under duo to build around for the future. Who do you take? Some that come to mind..

Timberwolves - Andrew Wiggins and Zach Lavine (or Anthony Bennett)

Bucks - Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jabari Parker

Jazz - Dante Exum and Trey Burke (or Rudy Gobert)

Magic - Victor Oladipo and Elfrid Payton (or Aaron Gordon/Tobias Harris)

Sixers - Joel Embiid and Nerlens Noel (or Dario Saric)

Pistons - Andre Drummond and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope lol

Raptors - Jonas Valanciunas and Bruno Caboclo

Kings - Nik Stauskas and Ben McLemore

Hornets - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Noah Vonleh (or Cody Zeller)

----

Any other under 22 duos are fair game as well, obviously I didn't list all of the good ones. And as listed in parenthesis, a lot of these teams have other options for these duos, like Saric vs Noel for Philly?

For this forget about Anthony Davis..he and whoever is under 22 on the Pelicans would be the obvious choice..and maybe stars like Kyrie as well

All players in their current conditions..so guys like Embiid who are out right now and are injury risks are exactly the same, this isn't a hypothetical where everyone is guaranteed 100%.

Default Re: Which current 22 and under duo would you build around?

1. Giannis and Jabari
    2. Embiid and Nerlens

But, I would easily take Embiid and Noel if there wasn't question marks about their healths.

Giannis and Jabari.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    1. Giannis and Jabari
    2. Embiid and Nerlens

But, I would easily take Embiid and Noel if there wasn't question marks about their healths.
    Going with this

Very good NBA starter

Wiggins and Lavine

or Davis and Rivers

I like Timberwolves', Bucks', Magic's, and Philly's duos.

Andrew Wiggins has superstar potential. If he can improve some of his weaknesses then who knows how good he can become... Zach Lavine can one day be a 2013-14 Gerald Green type of player. That's the guy who he really reminds me of, mainly because of their out-of-this-world athleticism. Timberwolves will be a very dangerous team on the fastbreak.

Giannis is only 19 and IMO he can probably become something like a slightly better version of Nicolas Batum one day or even better. It's just too early too tell. And like Wiggins, Jabari Parker also has superstar potential. He can definitely become on of the best scorers in the league one day.

For the Magic, I really like Victor Oladipo. He had a good rookie year and if he continues to improve, then I think he can probably become somewhat of a poor man's Dwyane Wade. Elfrid Payton can one day turn into a pretty good point guard. He's really quick and could score well in college.

Philadelphia's duo has the most potential, IMO. You got Joel Embiid, a guy who's compared to one of the best NBA players ever, Hakeem Olajuwon. He's got great defensive potential and his post moves are very smooth. Nerlens Noel was a monster defender coming out of college. Before he injured his ACL, he was averaging 4.4 bpg. If both these guys can live up to their potential and can stay healthy, they can probably become one of the best defensive frontcourts ever, and that's saying a lot.

Very good NBA starter

is Nerlens a power forward? i thought he was a center

I would hire Masai has a vice-general manager and he would build around Val and Bruno for me.

Just as expected..the usual picks of Giannis and Jabari, with the occasional retard pick of Lavine sprinkled in there.

Surprised only Smook has mentioned Oladipo and Payton/Gordon/Tobes, I really like that duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Going with this
    guessing he's a center on offense and PF on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Giannis is only 19 and IMO he can probably become something like a slightly better version of Nicolas Batum one day or even better.
    If he ends up being a marginally better Batum I'm seriously killing myself. Honestly think he has just as much potential as anyone in this draft except a 100% healthy Embiid who is on his own level..Wiggins and Jabari are on his level potential-wise, and no one else compares..

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    If he ends up being a marginally better Batum I'm seriously killing myself. Honestly think he has just as much potential as anyone in this draft except a 100% healthy Embiid who is on his own level..Wiggins and Jabari are on his level potential-wise, and no one else compares..
    Statistically, what do you predict he puts up in his prime? What kind of defense?

I haven't watched him play much, I understand his measurables are insane and he can handle like a guard but there was a real lack raw of statistical production, totally understandable for a kid but I don't know if I'm coming out in full force yet.

Very good NBA starter

i think you are seriously overrating Jabaris potential...

He cant compare with Wiggins and Giannis upside

Local High School Star

Bucks, sixers for potential or wolves if you factor in their overall young talent.

Funny, I have Bruno pegged to being very similar to Batum. Masai compares him to Rashard Lewis. I've seen comparisons to Andrei Kirilenko too, but I don't know if he'll pan out as a good overall rebounder and shot blocker.

His niche right now is being a 3&D player. Fortunately for him, he'll be on a good team and up and coming team to be built around. Playing and working out with veterans/coaching staff will only help his development.