Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 17 year old Wilt catches shot and runs the break

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Here's my Wilt mix CavaliersFTW : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6DJdUjqJIs
    I would really appreciate it if you could promote it on your channel so that it could be viewed by ESPN and TNT.
    I honestly got a kick out of that, he's crossing people over and shooting 3's and shit

National High School Star

nikka please. Thats a goaltend a travel and a bunch.of short white.guys all.at once. Prime wilt footage.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    CavsFTW - I know you're busy with other projects, but would you consider doing a Wilt mobility mini-mix (showcasing end-to-end speed, lateral quickness, recovering across the court, etc.) at some point?
    Well, sort of. I'm going to finish an all-around athleticism video at some point with clips and testimony such as:

http://youtu.be/h6QS98dHNjs

The more footage and testimony I uncover the more I'm convinced he could be the greatest athlete that has ever been documented/filmed/etc, even if the available film is "limited"... it's still enough to stun an audience when it's all put together. He's a damn giant with what is basically described (and in several clips demonstrated) strongman competition strength, combined with track and field runner/jumper athleticism?... It's insane taking in the combination it'd be unbelievable if it weren't for the little bits of film that exists. So yes there will be a Wilt mobility mix, sort of. I'm going to try to put all the elements of his size, and agility and feats into a mix. Not just basketball clips.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

He landed before the ball left his hands. Not a pass, but a travel.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

at "traveling", as if you are able to distinguish the marginal time between when the ball leaves his hand and his foot steps on the ground. In marginal plays that can't easily be seen through the naked eye, such a (possible) violation isn't going to get called, especially in the NBA.

It's crazy how hated Wilt is on this board, even leaving LeBron/Kobe fans out of the equation. A good portion of that is probably because LAZ is a polarizing poster, but MJ fans really go in on him/Russ/KAJ regularly.

I don't know what to make of him tbh, but the dude was no scrub. There was a ton of talk of Kareem being the most mobile 7 foot prospect when he came out, but young Wilt couldn't have been very far off (if at all).

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    It's crazy how hated Wilt is on this board, even leaving LeBron/Kobe fans out of the equation. A good portion of that is probably because LAZ is a polarizing poster, but MJ fans really go in on him/Russ/KAJ regularly.

I don't know what to make of him tbh, but the dude was no scrub. There was a ton of talk of Kareem being the most mobile 7 foot prospect when he came out, but young Wilt couldn't have been very far off (if at all).
    When the most popular anti-Wilt myths that kept him at a (supposedly) safe distance "below" Jordan ("short, white competition", Wilt being a "bad playoff performer") are progressively torn apart, what do you expect from Jordan jihadists? To accept their mistakes?

I don't care how polarizing Lazeruss is. First of all, he's still outnumbered by anti-Wilt trolls. Second, many of these idiots existed before him and did the same crap, so I'm glad someone annoys them by saying what they don't want to hear.
    Last edited by Psileas; 09-15-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    When the most popular anti-Wilt myths that kept him at a (supposedly) safe distance "below" Jordan ("short, white competition", Wilt being a "bad playoff performer") are progressively torn apart, what do you expect from Jordan jihadists? To accept their mistakes?

I don't care how polarizing Lazeruss is. First of all, he's still outnumbered by anti-Wilt trolls. Second, many of these idiots existed before him and did the same crap, so I'm glad someone annoys them by saying what they don't want to hear.
    Good point. While I don't always agree with jlauber/LAZ I know he's passionate about the sport, so I'll respect his opinion.

There are two different brands of trolls though. The guys who are saying it just to mess around, and those who seem legitimately personally invested in diminishing Wilt (as well as Kareem, Russell) as much as possible. The latter group is irritating as hell, and some the agenda nonsense they spew is just as bad as the Kobe/LeBron wars on this site.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas

What changed about Wilt playoffs stats over the years? I'm confused did Wilt go back in time and changed his playoffs stats.

I "hate" LAZ as much as the next guy but the sheer hate for Wilt here is just ridiculous... Wilt was just an athletic freak, (arguably) the greatest athlete in NBA history.

Wilt Chamberlain was a: "slightly less coordinated Dikembe Mutumbo"
    - ISH consensus opinion circa 2010

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    What's up with the stupid fast forward?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Here's my Wilt mix CavaliersFTW : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6DJdUjqJIs
    I would really appreciate it if you could promote it on your channel so that it could be viewed by ESPN and TNT.

the score of the game