Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Someone tell me the theory on how MJ got his father killed with his gambling debts

I want to read this

National High School Star

Default Re: Someone tell me the theory on how MJ got his father killed with his gambling debts

The only connection was that Jordan had to testify once in a trial against a known criminal because he had a cancelled check from Jordan. People just jumped to conclusions, there was no direct connection from that criminal and the guys that shot Jordan's dad. The more interesting fact is that while interrogating the two kids that killed his dad, they asked if they killed him because he tried to molest them because he was known to be a pedo. It was considered just an interrogation tactic at the time. Years later Jordan's sister revealed that their father had molested her as a child.

That's the scuttlebutt and very specious reasoning behind the death of Mr. Jordan, which was likely just a random robbery gone bad.

Default Re: Someone tell me the theory on how MJ got his father killed with his gambling debts

Usually LeBald stans can tell you that story

Banned

too coincidental that his father was robbed for his sons championship rings on the side of the road in the middle of the night

he was "sleeping" my ass

his son was late on paying his gambling debts. the mob put a hit out on his family to collect...

no strings attached. hired goons

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    too coincidental that his father was robbed for his sons championship rings on the side of the road in the middle of the night

he was "sleeping" my ass

his son was late on paying his gambling debts. the mob put a hit out on his family to collect...

no strings attached. hired goons

man i love this site

This one is definitely fake.. why the hell would Jordan be late paying a debt and also why would the Mob do that to a public figure. GTFO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    This one is definitely fake.. why the hell would Jordan be late paying a debt and also why would the Mob do that to a public figure. GTFO

jordan was known for gambling millions

1985-86 Chicago Bulls NBA $630,000
    1987-88 Chicago Bulls NBA $845,000
    1988-89 Chicago Bulls NBA $2,000,000
    1990-91 Chicago Bulls NBA $2,500,000
    1991-92 Chicago Bulls NBA $3,250,000
    1992-93 Chicago Bulls NBA $4,000,000

after taxes his total nba career earnings woulda been around 7 million dollars. half of that woulda been gone just from buying houses/cars etc..

he probably only had a few million in the bank

this was also before jordan brand went independent from nike

he might have been making a few million a year from selling shoes

jordan didnt start getting paid till like 1996...

Hes not dead. Him and brons dad bailed together

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

after taxes his total nba career earnings woulda been around 7 million dollars. half of that woulda been gone just from buying houses/cars etc..

He was making tens of millions per year in endorsements by 1990. He was making much more off of endorsements than he was off of basketball. He is the most marketed and most marketable basketball player ever by far and there's not even a close second. So unfortunately for you, your "breakdown" of his earnings is so far off its a joke. For the 1991-92 season he made about $20 million in endorsements. You need to do more "research" before you speak so you don't look like a fool.

http://www.nba.com/jordan/hoop_phenomenon.html

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    The only connection was that Jordan had to testify once in a trial against a known criminal because he had a cancelled check from Jordan. People just jumped to conclusions, there was no direct connection from that criminal and the guys that shot Jordan's dad. The more interesting fact is that while interrogating the two kids that killed his dad, they asked if they killed him because he tried to molest them because he was known to be a pedo. It was considered just an interrogation tactic at the time. Years later Jordan's sister revealed that their father had molested her as a child.

That's the scuttlebutt and very specious reasoning behind the death of Mr. Jordan, which was likely just a random robbery gone bad.
    No wonder MJ turned out to be such an asshole

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He was making tens of millions per year in endorsements by 1990. He was making much more off of endorsements than he was off of basketball. He is the most marketed and most marketable basketball player ever by far and there's not even a close second. So unfortunately for you, your "breakdown" of his earnings is so far off its a joke. For the 1991-92 season he made about $20 million in endorsements. You need to do more "research" before you speak so you don't look like a fool.

http://www.nba.com/jordan/hoop_phenomenon.html

More ether than Moltres.

NBA rookie of the year

Jordan was making like $20M+/yr in endorsements as early as 1990.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by You Cant Ban Me
    I want to read this
    Google Richard Esquinas. Jordan is a lengendary gambler, and WELCHER of debts. Richard Esquinas was owed 250k by MJ and was never paid. So he wrote a book about it. MJ has been dragged into court because he had written checks (for >100k) to known bad guys.

Given his penchant for big time gambling and refusal to pay, a lot of people thought the "random" nature of his dad's murder was suspicious.

A great many people also believe that Stern suspended MJ for those 2 years because of his issues with gambling.

I don't see how Jordan ever had "issues with gambling"?

Like, what was the issue?

Did he run out of money? No.

Did he get suspended from the NBA? No.

Did his wife leave him? No.

Did he lose how house, car, job etc etc? No.

What's the issue?
    Last edited by KNOW1EDGE; 08-17-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Kenny getting butchered.