Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII

this game will justify me buying a PS3,

but it won't touch FFVII

♫♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteness
    yeah, that's another thing. I have no idea who rendered those images using what software and hardware. Hell, they're photobucket images, could be shooped for all I know.
    i dont know if those pics are real, but i do remember reading in a game informer magazine that ffXIII was built from the ground up for the ps3

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

ff13 next week, then gow3 the week after that as well as yakuza but will get that at a later date

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Getting this game for sure. Haven't played a FF for a while but loved them for the PS2.

As for the graphics (I have a 360), since I am not going to be playing it side by side to a PS3 version, I could care less.

Edit: Gamespot has those same pics for the 360, and that elephant turtle thing and trees etc are there. Not sure if that site posts console specific images or not.
    Last edited by RapsFan; 02-28-2010 at 09:13 PM.

I just spoke with someone at EB Games who I have always received good info from, and he said that this Final Fantasy is incredibly linear....to the point where he won't be playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I just spoke with someone at EB Games who I have always received good info from, and he said that this Final Fantasy is incredibly linear....to the point where he won't be playing it.
    they said the same thing about FFX and 10 was great. not only that but I hear it opens up later in the game(like ffx). As long as the story is good and engaging along with a good battle system I'm buying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    they said the same thing about FFX and 10 was great. not only that but I hear it opens up later in the game(like ffx). As long as the story is good and engaging along with a good battle system I'm buying lol.
    Good to know. I'll wait for some reviews before I make my decision. I hope it will be great, but I don't really want something that rolls in a straight line.

Being too linear and no townz. Seems like that is everyones complain. I'm getting this game no matter what.

The game is going to be linear and story driven... and I have no problem with that.

FF 14 is coming out next year, and will be an open-world MMORPG for people that prefer the sandbox feeling (which I usually prefer as well).

aah damn should i buy a ps3 for this game?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpuente
    Just buy it for the 360 if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensta
    Just buy it for the 360 if you have one.
    yeh thats probably whats gonna happen. it comes out the 9th anyone getting it that day?

yeh thats probably whats gonna happen. it comes out the 9th anyone getting it that day?
    i am. then gow3 week after that, man what a geat 2 weeks...

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

From an ign preview:

As a quick note for owners of multiple platforms, I strongly recommend getting this game on the PS3. The 360 version seems to run well enough, but it's noticeably less sharp and is spread across three discs.

I am a lifetime Final Fantasy fan. I started in '92 with Final Fantasy IV, and have played every numbered Final Fantasy since then, barring the pay to play online garbage that was known as FF11. Anyways, I do have high hopes for FF13, as it looks very well done from what I have seen. I have prereserved it, so I will play it right away and let people know what I think. Since it's the first game for the new system, they will probably make it somewhat revolutionary. (Square has a pattern of this. FF4, SNES was revolutionary for its time.. FF7, PS1 was Revolutionary.. FFX , PS2 was revolutionary but somewhat crappy.)

Hopefully the character development and story is excellent, because that's really what I look for in a Final Fantasy.