Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Draft

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    They arent the same kind of player. Westbrook is a WAAAAYYYYY better athlete!
    Well that's a given because he has the NBA experience. Mudiay is just 18/19 years old. I'll take a "possible" future Westbrook any day of the week.

It sucks that KD and Westbrook are FA's in different years, making it practically impossible to get both.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    How does Kobe get away with such selfish play and win yet, Melo cant?
    Kobe has a will to win. Yes he shoots alot, doesnt pass enough, but no one can ever question his desire to win. And he demands things from his teammates even if they suck.

melo isnt cut from that cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Kobe has a will to win. Yes he shoots alot, doesnt pass enough, but no one can ever question his desire to win. And he demands things from his teammates even if they suck.

melo isnt cut from that cloth.
    Kobe inspires fear in other players. Melo inspires double-teams.

I'm all-in for trading him, if we could.

looks like 2015 free agency is a bust even before it started

all major players likely to stay put

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    looks like 2015 free agency is a bust even before it started

all major players likely to stay put
    What? Noooooooo. They'll all come. For cheap too

Towns or okafor?

To me it's towns by a mile. I haven't seen much of any of them, and it will be hard to judge mudiay- but who doesn't love the sound of a 6-5 pg. Myles turner needs a look too.

Still don't believe Knicks will have a top 3-5 pick

PG-
    Mudiay 6-5 my reasoning for liking him is similar to tony wroten. Though ideally a triangle pg should be a shooter this team needs someone to get to the basket and needs a major defensive upgrade from the pg spot.

D'angelo Russell 6-5. I hate ohio st and their guys are typically really over rated. I think this guy bucks that trend and might be a really good point guard if he can defend.

Powell 6-4 UCLA. Keeps being listed as a 2, but would be a triangle 1. Has ability as a defender, shooter, and finisher.

Sg/sf

I'm just not yet a fan of any of the wings, the herjonia or whatever looks intriguing, and I'll see a lot more of Arizona still but haven't yet seen what makes their guy such a consensus top 5 type player. Decker will be a lottery pick. But not because of the joe Alexander comparisons. He will be what they hoped Alexander would be

Pf
    Christian wood 6-11 UNLV and Larry Nance JR 6-9 Wyoming both out of the mountain west conference IMO would fit what the Knicks need at pf (2 different roles). Nance would be a great replacement for acy and currently according to mock draft lists could easily be had in the 2nd. Wood is 6-11 and can shoot and run, he is now listed in the 20's sadly.

Pf/c
    This is where the 3 guys Knicks scouts should watch the most fit in. Might have 3 of the highest ceilings in this draft

Towns 7-0 Kentucky
    Turner 6-11 Texas
    Porzingis 7-0

C
    I'm not down on okafor, I just don't think he is a franchise player. He doesn't finish w dunks and I don't think he is 6-11. Maybe my eye test is wrong and he is that big. If he is maybe he is the #1 but right now I like the potential of the 3 pf/C's and mudiay more.

Center might be a spot the Knicks could find a way into the late 1st or 2nd and still find a player to make the roster

Kaminsky 7-0 Wisconsin would be a great fit, question is will the guy be picked in the teens or in the 2nd. I'd be skeptical at 14, would love him at 25 or lower

I know most of you guys don't care what I write, I like looking back to see what I actually thought at certain times in the year.

I would love to see you guys name some under the radar guys or really rank you see players fitting the Knicks specifically.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Talking draft is essentially useless because the team has a coach that NEVER wanted to coach and GM/President that always wants to prove he's the smartest guy in the room.

That said, I'd look at the following guys:
    Delon Wright (G, Utah - Senior) and Ron Baker (G, Wichita State - Junior) as fringe first round prospects

Bobby Portis (F, Arkansas - Sophomore) and Frank Kaminsky (F/C, Wisconsin - Senior) as picks just outside the lottery.

Stanley Johnson (F, Arizona - Freshman) is the focus for mid to late lottery picks.

If you've got the top pick then Jahlil Okafor has to be your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Talking draft is essentially useless because the team has a coach that NEVER wanted to coach and GM/President that always wants to prove he's the smartest guy in the room.

That said, I'd look at the following guys:
    Delon Wright (G, Utah - Senior) and Ron Baker (G, Wichita State - Junior) as fringe first round prospects

Bobby Portis (F, Arkansas - Sophomore) and Frank Kaminsky (F/C, Wisconsin - Senior) as picks just outside the lottery.

Stanley Johnson (F, Arizona - Freshman) is the focus for mid to late lottery picks.

If you've got the top pick then Jahlil Okafor has to be your guy.
    I like watching delon wright play, and of course 6-5 pg's are nice. I just question if he has the strength or explosive athleticism to be an nba pg. Kind of see him as a smaller skinnier Evan turner type. Great player, just not athletic enough to create space. The mop top from Wichita? Wow would this board be pissed if Phil got a late 1st/early 2nd and picked him.

I don't know that you can write off Phil on drafting. He might have done really well w his picks so far. Too early to tell, but thanasis may still have value, cleanthony will get his shot and wear as an I drafted guy is pretty good work IMO. I think they have to go guard or big or both to not cancel out those guys.

When I said "look" I simply meant in terms of scouting.

I never trust the decision making of a person who is obsessed with proving he's smarter than everyone else. It's the main reason I didn't like the Phil Jackson hire to begin with.

Point guards for the Knicks

1-mudiay
    2-Russell Ohio st
    3-Powell UCLA
    4-grant notre dame
    5-wright Utah

That's a really good group of big pg's

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    When I said "look" I simply meant in terms of scouting.

I never trust the decision making of a person who is obsessed with proving he's smarter than everyone else. It's the main reason I didn't like the Phil Jackson hire to begin with.
    Thanks for this post. There's a main reason why I respect your opinion because you'll actually state it and not beat around the bush.

I have no issue with Phil's hire, but I do have an issue with him wanting to force feed the triangle and I'm concern he will pass on talent just because of his system, and players will pass as well because of such system.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Thanks for this post. There's a main reason why I respect your opinion because you'll actually state it and not beat around the bush.

I have no issue with Phil's hire, but I do have an issue with him wanting to force feed the triangle and I'm concern he will pass on talent just because of his system, and players will pass as well because of such system.
    We cant be ok with the hire in one way then not be ok with how he is running things. This is what he was going to do and said as much so no one should be shocked about his dedication to the Triangle.

So even if 90whatever % of this board is all about okafor (until they read different), any chance you want to actually watch the games?

D' Angelo Russell is a better player than okafor.

Do you want the Knicks go for the highest ceiling or highest floor? Is this pick about next year or the next 10?

The towns/okafor debate is IMO about a safer pick or a higher ceiling. The guards (Russell/Mudiay) is a tougher call.

Just because you guys are 100% decided now doesn't mean a couple months more of reading articles and mock drafts won't change your mind. I just want you all to remember that it is okafor or nothing right now so that once you've read something that changes your mind you'll at least remember that there's only 1 player in this draft right now.

To me there is no tough call between D'Angelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay. Russell is on of the most complete SG prospect to come along in a long time. Much rather have him than Mudiay who is a Russell Westbrook knock-off to me.

Right now I'm guessing the Knicks "big board" Top 5 looks like this:

Jahlil Okafor
    D'Angelo Russell
    Myles Turner
    Karl Towns
    Emmanuel Mudiay