Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Last of Us is the best game ever made

Name a glaring flaw in Halo CE

Banned

It's really hard to come up with just a top 10 games, lists will vary a lot based on if you played a game at it's time of release and what consoles you've owned when they were current as well. In no order mine would probably include

kotor
    baldurs gate 2
    doom
    alex kidd in miracle world
    world of warcraft (it's first few years were great despite what it became)
    resident evil (either 2 or 4 can't decide)
    chrono trigger
    the secret of monkey island
    counter strike 1.6
    diablo

Looking at the list though there's a still a shit ton of games that miss out and maybe on a different day i'd prefer them though. Things like legend of zelda, simcity 2000, wolfenstein, uncharted 2, halo, halflife, bioshock, mario 64, GTA san andreas/vice/5, tetris, MGS 1&2, legacy of kaine soul reaver, castlevania symphony of the night, silent hill, tony hawks 2, goldeneye, psychonauts etc. Just too many good games would be easier making a list for each era.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Its hilarous how fanboys won't admit a games flaws even when there's numerous other places that mention all the issues i had with the game but to a famboy they magically don't exist or matter. Lol
    You fabricated and over-exaggerated literally everything in your post you moron.

TLOU has some of the best AI in the business. I've beaten this game at least 8 times now and could never use the same strategy, why? Because the enemies moves to different locations every-time. The only problem I found with TLOU is that the enemies are blind to NPC. However, overall the AI in the TLOU is TEN times better than Uncharted.

Second off, it's an adventure game not a sandbox or RPG game. The level designs are actually pretty open in a lot of areas and allows you the freedom to tackle an objective differently. I've beaten several areas using 3-4 different strategies (using objects to destruct enemies, gun battles, melee attacks, and actually using SHADOWS to not be seen and clear the area without killing anyone).

This game focuses on EMOTION. It's an adventure game that tells a magnificent story with perfect characterization. The game-play is also terrific. Joel is like 50 years old, so I love how they made him feel somewhat slow in movements. It adds to the realism of the game. The way the relationship is built between Joel & Ellie is breathtaking. You won't find many movies that can tell a better story. You can feel the disinterest, regret and emotionless that Joel feels towards Ellie, how he sees it strictly as a job; but as the game progresses, you start to understand why Joel felt that way. It's truly a masterpiece. Only intelligent human beings will understand the art of the game.

This game isn't Phantom Pain, where its packed with content and focuses on mechanics. It's a game about telling a wonderfully intriguing story to the gamer. In the process, it has perhaps the best graphics out of any PS3 game ever created; it has damn good mechanics; it has damn good AI and it has interesting characters. The backbone to this game is it's an adventure. It tries to connect the gamers to the characters. The game itself is ridiculously fun and engaging as well.

You insulting its crafting system, AI or "linear" level design is laughable and that's why I called you out for being a true moron.

This isn't ****ing Skyrim, or Mass Effect or GTA. It's an adventure game.
    Same way games like Jak & Daxter and Crash Bandicoot were linear, this game is as well; however, your dumbass actually insulted its level design yet its FAR more open than any of the Uncharted games. It gives you options to use stealth, you're just too stupid to understand how. Or maybe you just tried the game once and are taking out of your ass.

I could literally pick a game like Skyrim or Gears of War and give them false criticism by saying things those games aren't focusing on (or more importantly) shouldn't focus on because of the genre.

That's essentially all you did. You talked shit about a game's level design, or AI, or crating system...when you failed to understand the type of genre the game fits in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    You fabricated and over-exaggerated literally everything in your post you moron.

TLOU has some of the best AI in the business. I've beaten this game at least 8 times now and could never use the same strategy, why? Because the enemies moves to different locations every-time. The only problem I found with TLOU is that the enemies are blind to NPC. However, overall the AI in the TLOU is TEN times better than Uncharted.

Second off, it's an adventure game not a sandbox or RPG game. The level designs are actually pretty open in a lot of areas and allows you the freedom to tackle an objective differently. I've beaten several areas using 3-4 different strategies (using objects to destruct enemies, gun battles, melee attacks, and actually using SHADOWS to not be seen and clear the area without killing anyone).

This game focuses on EMOTION. It's an adventure game that tells a magnificent story with perfect characterization. The game-play is also terrific. Joel is like 50 years old, so I love how they made him feel somewhat slow in movements. It adds to the realism of the game. The way the relationship is built between Joel & Ellie is breathtaking. You won't find many movies that can tell a better story. You can feel the disinterest, regret and emotionless that Joel feels towards Ellie, how he sees it strictly as a job; but as the game progresses, you start to understand why Joel felt that way. It's truly a masterpiece. Only intelligent human beings will understand the art of the game.

This game isn't Phantom Pain, where its packed with content and focuses on mechanics. It's a game about telling a wonderfully intriguing story to the gamer. In the process, it has perhaps the best graphics out of any PS3 game ever created; it has damn good mechanics; it has damn good AI and it has interesting characters. The backbone to this game is it's an adventure. It tries to connect the gamers to the characters. The game itself is ridiculously fun and engaging as well.

You insulting its crafting system, AI or "linear" level design is laughable and that's why I called you out for being a true moron.

This isn't ****ing Skyrim, or Mass Effect or GTA. It's an adventure game.
    Same way games like Jak & Daxter and Crash Bandicoot were linear, this game is as well; however, your dumbass actually insulted its level design yet its FAR more open than any of the Uncharted games. It gives you options to use stealth, you're just too stupid to understand how. Or maybe you just tried the game once and are taking out of your ass.

I could literally pick a game like Skyrim or Gears of War and give them false criticism by saying things those games aren't focusing on (or more importantly) shouldn't focus on because of the genre.

That's essentially all you did. You talked shit about a game's level design, or AI, or crating system...when you failed to understand the type of genre the game fits in.
    I understand the game abd i enjoyed it i just find it laughable that once again you are claiming its flaws don't exist even though naughty dog themselves have commented in interviews about some of the issues. A gamecan be good and have flaws you know? You just look like a fanboy and your opinion becomes suspect when you can't acknowledge the obvious flaws in something.

Banned

You bring up good points

But honestly do you ever form your own opinions?

I understand the game abd i enjoyed it i just find it laughable that once again you are claiming its flaws don't exist even though naughty dog themselves have commented in interviews about some of the issues. A gamecan be good and have flaws you know? You just look like a fanboy and your opinion becomes suspect when you can't acknowledge the obvious flaws in something.
    Every game has flaws dude.
    Re-read your post, you made this game sound like its complete crap.

Your critics didn't even make sense. You're criticizing an apple for looking like an orange. The biggest flaw I found in TLOU is that Ellie or any other NPC can roam around the enemies and they won't do anything. It just kind of ruins the mood of the game. Other than that, this game is near perfect.

Just like all the other incredible games; Halo, GoldenEye, San Adreas etc.
    They all have certain flaws but they are epic because they perfect so many other elements that it easily out-weights their minor flaws.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Every game has flaws dude.
    Re-read your post, you made this game sound like its complete crap.

Your critics didn't even make sense. You're criticizing an apple for looking like an orange. The biggest flaw I found in TLOU is that Ellie or any other NPC can roam around the enemies and they won't do anything. It just kind of ruins the mood of the game. Other than that, this game is near perfect.

Just like all the other incredible games; Halo, GoldenEye, San Adreas etc.
    They all have certain flaws but they are epic because they perfect so many other elements that it easily out-weights their minor flaws.
    I agree most games have their flaws, especially in this age where games are so advanced, have so much money involved and have so much hype and exposure. I didn't mean to make the game sound crap, merely venting the parts of the game that I feel far too many people ignore or outright disregard.

The biggest flaws in the last of us aren't enemies ignoring ellie, they are enemies acting like retards. I've played through 3 times (twice on remaster, once on ps3) and without fail I get enemies who should be able to see me sometimes they run right next to me but just ignore me.

The game being linear has nothing to do with it's genre. Of course it won't be as open world as other games because that's not what it is. The problem with the last of us is that it doesn't hit it's linearity as well as other games in it's genre (this is a key thing I've seen naughty dog say they wish they'd done better). In uncharted\tomb raider the world feels bigger even though it isn't. Part of it can be put down to the fact a lot of areas in the last of us are meant to feel more claustrophobic but when you hit open levels it becomes really noticeable when every exit is blocked by the same pile of disgaurding objects asset.

Another thing that makes the linear nature suffer is the lack of other activities. The last of us's puzzle system could have been left out it's that shallow. Every puzzle boils down to find a ladder or find a crate for Ellie (who can learn to shoot like a pro but can't be taught to swim?). Most games in this genre that get the praise the last of us does have other mechanics thrown in to mix it up. Uncharted has puzzles, climbing, vehicle sections. Sure they may not be the best at times but they help break the monotonous gameplay feeling which can creep in if you are playing the last of us for a long session.

It also seems to get a pass for things that other games (like gears of war) have been crucified for and that is that the game essentially boils down to walk from a shoot out at point A, in to an obvious shoot out at point B. You walk through tight tunnels and then end up at a large open area with convenient chest high walls and ammo leading up to it and hit a shoot out followed by another and on and on. It's not the biggest issue but it's there and it's a mechanic used by a lot of games to flesh out the length. I'm against that because I feel a game should only be as long as it needs to be and if you cut out some of those shooting segments in the last of us it would have flowed much better.

Part of why these issues annoy me so much is because at it's core the last of us is an amazing experience.. The story (while cliched) is presented in a way no other game has done before, the voice acting, the character development, the writing is all GOAT level. It's just that the gameplay feels like it didn't have enough work invested in it for me and lets down the product which disappoints me because of how well everything else is done. If you have it as your top game that's fine, it's in my top 20, but I can't call it a 10/10 (I'd got 8.5/10) and it annoys me a little when people will claim it's the greatest of all time and then flat out ignore or disregard it's flaws. Like you admitted all games have their flaws and like stans in basketball is annoys me when people won't admit them. There's a lot of reviews out there (especially on the ps magazine sites) that give it 10/10 and then make zero mentions of it's flaws, then when they review another game in the same genre they will focus on the exact same things tlou got wrong as being huge issues. I hate double standards like that, something can be great while being flawed - Jordon is a GOAT but he wasn't a good three point shooter, Lebron has been the best in the league but he's stiff and struggled in the post, Kobe has been the best in the league but he has been selfish and had poor shot selection at time etc. Just because they are great doesn't mean you can't list their flaws but some stans\fanboys won't acknowledge what could have been improved.

I'm actually really looking forward to tlou 2 because from what I've seen naughty dog say in the past they are aware of what didn't work so well in the first game and like they did with uncharted 2 I am expecting tlou2 to be amazing.

I'm also planning on playing tlou again once I finish uncharted collection, read the road recently and it really gets you in the mood for tlou. If you haven't read it you should because if you like tlou's world you'll love the road.

Anyway that's the end of what's probably my longest post on this forum. People value different aspects of games more than others and people enjoy different things. I didn't mean to make it sound like tlou is a terrible game because it's not.
    Last edited by outbreak; 10-22-2015 at 05:10 PM.

National High School Star

While it don't agree that TLOU is the greatest game ever made, it is certainly in a top 20 of all time.

No other story has left me speechless like TLOU us did.

IMO - Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the greatest game ever made.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    While it don't agree that TLOU is the greatest game ever made, it is certainly in a top 20 of all time.

No other story has left me speechless like TLOU us did.

IMO - Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the greatest game ever made.
    I don't know why but I haven't been able to get in to another zelda game since Ocarina. There's been other zeldas since I know are good games but they don't seem to hook me like Ocarina and the earlier zeldas did. Do you find that?

I don't know why but I haven't been able to get in to another zelda game since Ocarina. There's been other zeldas since I know are good games but they don't seem to hook me like Ocarina and the earlier zeldas did. Do you find that?
    Honestly no, but i haven't played them all either, missing a few on handheld.
    The gameboy ones Oracle of Seasons and that are severely underrated IMO.
    I also haven't played Twilight Princess, I have it though, but want to finish Skyward Sword first. Only thing that i dislike is the motion controls... I just don't enjoy using motion controls.

Also, no. 2 on my all time list is:
    Suikoden 2 - Greatest RPG i have ever played, nothing comes close

Also, is it only me who rates Perfect Dark over Goldeneye? I know Goldeneye was first, but the inclusion of bots on Perfect Dark provided hours upon hours of play time for me and my bro, also way more content as well.
    Last edited by Ai2death; 10-22-2015 at 05:26 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

FFVII deserves to be on that list

the depth of that game, which came out almost 2 decades ago, is absolutely amazing for any game at that time. and the story is just as fulfilling

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Name a glaring flaw in Halo CE
    Boring. [COLOR="White"]I Kid... but seriously, **** Halo[/COLOR]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Boring. [COLOR="White"]I Kid... but seriously, **** Halo[/COLOR]
    Halo actually requires skill to play

You must be very shit at it

You sound like the guy who'd prefer COD because you can just noob-tube people for easy kills

Either that or you have something against extremely popular, critically revered games

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Halo actually requires skill to play

You must be very shit at it

You sound like the guy who'd prefer COD because you can just noob-tube people for easy kills

Either that or you have something against extremely popular, critically revered games
    Fvck you hater

We all know Uncharted will win GOTY and be the greatest game of all time. It'll be a pop culture phenomenon that will make billions and bring an end to child starvation in Africa, almost like the orgasmic Le Last of Us, which was so emotional it made Jesus cry.

If you can't see that you're a stupid troll dipshit lol

Owned

P.S. GameRankings says I'm better than you!
    Last edited by Shade8780; 10-23-2015 at 06:32 AM.

No mention of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow whatsoever? I could be 83 y/o and I'd still be enjoying the shit out of those 3.