Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Last of Us is the best game ever made

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    You must be 15
    I love this logic of "you must be 15 if you don't fill your list with games from the 90's because nostalgia"

Gaming is better than ever...period.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Golden Eye is part of the era of games that simply look and play like complete shit in this day and age. After the 5 minutes it takes for the nostalgia to wear off, you just want to turn it off. This is the case for most non platformers from that time period. On the other hand, I think someone could play Halo CE for the first time and have fun with it.

I guess games like Deus Ex and Thief still hold up okay, but I never did much gaming on the PC.
    Oh I completely agree bro.
    My point is, you MUST compare games relative to their era.
    Just like we do anything else, like NBA players or MLB players etc.

GoldenEye to me was a bigger hit than Halo was.
    Both games are easily two of the 7/8 most influential games of all-time.

I can't even hate on CE; the experience I had with it the very first time gave me chills. If I had the X1, I'd so get the Anniversary Edition right now.

But GIF, do you not agree that Halo has regressed over time?
    I mean I loved Halo 3 & Reach a lot, but I still see a down slope.

CE
    Halo 3
    Halo 2
    Reach
    Halo 4

Each game has gotten worse, and most people would pick Halo 2 over Halo 3, which almost makes the regression completely linear and troublesome.

I hope the Guardians can redeem the series, by getting an excellent 94/95 score.

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Oh I completely agree bro.
    My point is, you MUST compare games relative to their era.
    Just like we do anything else, like NBA players or MLB players etc.
    Absolutely, but you gotta understand my list is personal and obviously subjective. It wasn't meant to be top 10 most influential and important games list.

Banned

Halo ruined the FPS genre because it made it so popular to where now it has become over saturated with subpar shooters... Maybe COD is the major culprit, but before Halo CE, FPS was not a popular console genre... After Halo CE? It made it into the most popular genre...

Halo has regressed a bit, but it is more to do with the over-saturation of the FPS genre than the game itself. I don't know if you can say that it is because the games didn't evolve... FPS to me always has seemed limited... COD sped it up (which created a casual feel)....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Golden Eye is part of the era of games that simply look and play like complete shit in this day and age. After the 5 minutes it takes for the nostalgia to wear off, you just want to turn it off. This is the case for most non platformers from that time period. On the other hand, I think someone could play Halo CE for the first time and have fun with it.

I guess games like Deus Ex and Thief still hold up okay, but I never did much gaming on the PC.
    METAL GEAR SOLID 1 YOU MOTHERFVCKER!

you should know this. that game is still so much fun.

just because it's old doesnt mean you cant play it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Halo ruined the FPS genre because it made it so popular to where now it has become over saturated with subpar shooters... Maybe COD is the major culprit, but before Halo CE, FPS was not a popular console genre... After Halo CE? It made it into the most popular genre...

Halo has regressed a bit, but it is more to do with the over-saturation of the FPS genre than the game itself. I don't know if you can say that it is because the games didn't evolve... FPS to me always has seemed limited... COD sped it up (which created a casual feel)....
    Fair enough, I definitely agree that Halo was a pioneer and a major influence to the gaming world.

PS - I think COD 4 & Modern Warfare 2 were SPECTACULAR titles. Both games make it into my top 25 all-time. I love the realism of COD 4 and the absolute mayhem that was MW2. You just felt like such a bad ass, haha.

I think I'd still own an Xbox if Halo 3 came right after CE. I think Halo 2 is where I stopped caring about the Halo series. I did have a 360 (that I've barely played) and really enjoyed Reach & Halo 3. But I gave them a try years after they were released, mostly because I just did not enjoy Halo 2.

The first 3-4 hours of the campaign, I really enjoyed but then it just felt repetitive. I actually NEVER finished the story mode, and I've tried the campaign at least 6-10 times.
    Last edited by West-Side; 10-22-2015 at 01:38 PM.

PS - BO & BO2 were EPIC games. I am strictly a single-mode player when it comes to FPS, and both of the stories in Black Ops were my favorite out of any COD title (besides maybe MW2).

I like MW3 a lot too, specifically the missions themselves; however, that game was poorly written. I felt like it lacked pace and flow, and they just started thinking about spectacles rather than a dialogue.

The Last of Us vs Uncharted Collection. If you have never played either which one would you choose?

Last of Us seems very story driven and gloomy and I think I may be looking for something for a fun 90 minutes before work...

video game experts: pls enlighten me!!!

Banned

The answer is to buy an xbox one and get Halo 5.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    The Last of Us vs Uncharted Collection. If you have never played either which one would you choose?

Last of Us seems very story driven and gloomy and I think I may be looking for something for a fun 90 minutes before work...

video game experts: pls enlighten me!!!
    Uncharted is better than tlou
    Tlou has some of the worst ai for a triple a game ever the enemies will literally jump over a table you are using for cover then reload and hide next to you until you shoot them or they will shoot at you then if you leave the room lose agro and just ignore you again, the crafting system is a joke, the story is one big predictable rip off and the levels are way to linear. The puzzle system is a joke too, every puzzle is pick up the ladder 1 metre away and carry ot back to where you were originally. It's fun but flawed. It also forces you to play it in its own way, been playing stealth? **** you you are now forced to shoot. Want to pick off that sniper? **** you its just a gun floating in a window until you each the cut scene
    Last edited by outbreak; 10-22-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Tlou has some of the worst ai for a triple a game ever the enemies will literally jump over a table you are using for cover then reload and hide next to you until you shoot them or they will shoot at you then if you leave the room lose agro and just ignore you again, the crafting system is a joke, the story is one big predictable rip off and the levels are way to linear. The puzzle system is a joke too, every puzzle is pick up the ladder 1 metre away and carry ot back to where you were originally. It's fun but flawed. It also forces you to play it in its own way, been playing stealth? **** you you are now forced to shoot. Want to pick off that sniper? **** you its just a gun floating in a window until you each the cut scene
    Probably the worst post ever.
    Not even going to waste my time with this crap.

To the original poster; if you are looking for a fun game, I'd go with Uncharted. They are shorter (about 8-12 hours, depending on difficulty) and are much more humorous.

TLOU is a very serious game, it has only about 10 chapters but each chapter takes a solid 1:30 to 3 hours to beat. It can take you anywhere from 17 hours (on easy/medium) to 30 hours (on hard) to beat.

Both are phenomenal games.
    The only problem with TLOU is enemies AI. When the NPC is visible the enemies still don't detect them, which definitely ruins the intensity of the game a bit. Other than that, it's a fantastic game.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Wow, what a shit post.

I would like to know all of these games that have better AI than TLOU.

The Last of Us is f*cking epic

Some other GOAT Tier Games not in order:

Chrono Trigger
    Mass Effect 2
    Halo: CE
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Smash Bros. (OG, Melee, Brawl)
    Metal Gear Solid (1-3, I am currently playing V)
    Warcraft III
    Street Fighter II
    Soul Calibur
    Skyrim
    Streets of Rage 2
    Portal
    Geometry Wars Retro Evolved
    Mario Kart 64
    Star Fox 64
    Virtua Tennis
    Psychonauts

This is the GOAT list.

Banned

Its hilarous how fanboys won't admit a games flaws even when there's numerous other places that mention all the issues i had with the game but to a famboy they magically don't exist or matter. Lol