Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much $ does a 10-day contract pay?

I've wondered this for a while, but seeing that Sundaita Gaines and Anthony Tolliver both are on 10-day contracts spurred me to ask. So does anyone know how much a 10-day is generally worth? $50,000? More/less?

For that matter, how much is a D-League contract? Do they all make the same amount, or do veterans make more?

There's a decent chance I could find all this out on wikipedia actually.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: How much $ does a 10-day contract pay?

I wanna say they are 60 thousand.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quick search tells me its at least 35,000. but I feel like I remmeber it being exactly 60.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

over 9000

for each game

High School Varsity 6th Man

That's a sweet deal. 10 days 60 G. That's more than the average for a year for americans I suppose.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

NBA D-League salaries pay around $12,000, $18,000 or $24,000 per season, according to an NBADL player who spoke to InsideHoops.com.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nbdl.shtml#ixzz0d5WZJZ8f
    from this websit actually

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

The minimum salary a 10-day contract can offer is the # of days in the contract divided by the # of days in the regular season multiplied by the minimum annual salary. Note that 10-day does not mean 10 games
    found this in an articly about darius miles

That D-Miles article said a 10-day is $17,000 minimum, but that seems wrong, especially because the NBA minimum salary is not $300,000, and hasn't been for like a decade. It was about $442,114 for the season that article was talking about, and $457,588 for this season (according to the internet).

So, if I've worked this out correctly, the absolute minimum a 10-day contract can be worth this season is $26,916.94. One hopes they round up that 94 cents . Actually, one hopes they round that salary up to $30,000.

Either way, pretty nice pay for just 10 days of work. Especially "work" which is basically staying in nice hotels, flying on private jets, practicing with the team, maybe playing a little (or a lot if you're lucky and are actually good), and generally living the NBA dream life for a week and a half.

I mean, it's not going to set you financially for too too long, but considering that D-Leaguers make less than $26000 in an entire SEASON... it's gotta seem pretty tight.

But holy ****, I didn't know the most an NBADL player can make in a season is $25,500. That is chump change, you can probably make that working full-time at McDonalds.

Also, this is based on a rookie minimum contract, not sure if players who have been in the NBA a lot longer make more. Like if you sign a player who has been in the NBA for 10+ years to a 10-day contract (not a likely scenario, but still), would the salary be based on the $1,306,455 minimum salary for 10+ year vets? That would be like $76,850 for 10 days work. Or is a 10-day always based on the rookie minimum? We may never know.
    Last edited by A.M.G.; 01-19-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.

But holy ****, I didn't know the most an NBDL player can make in a season is $25,500. That is chump change, you can probably make that working full-time at McDonalds.

It is chump change... but don't forget that their rent and utilites are paid for... and they are playing Basketball, not flipping burgers. Also, they have a chance for a substantial, and immediate pay raise.

Birdman Anderson just got his 2nd one. Making $120 grand in 20 days, not too shabby....

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    It is chump change... but don't forget that their rent and utilites are paid for... and they are playing Basketball, not flipping burgers. Also, they have a chance for a substantial, and immediate pay raise.
    If the rent and utilities are paid for then is not so bad. They get paid as much as me for playing basketball.

I'm pretty that just like minimum contracts, they depend on years of experience.

The Holy Trinity

There are three levels of pay in the D League. The 25 K is the high end. A guy I coached one year in college played D-League ball for one season, but he came in at the "C-level" pay-rate. He was makng abut 14 K. Then he went and played ball in Iceland then next year and made a lot more.

10 day contract prob consist of 4 games. probably 75k. after taxes 40k thats 10k a game.

Banned

You'd think most d league guys only do it for a couple years then go over seas, or only come back to it when there's NBA interest.