Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore no conscience's Avatar

Default Re: Why is there constant PS3 vs. 360 debating?

I would say that ps3 fanboys are worse in general. It's like some are bitter for buying it with the huge price tag and then seeing 360 having a similar games library.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by no conscience
    I would say that ps3 fanboys are worse in general. It's like some are bitter for buying it with the huge price tag and then seeing 360 having a similar games library.
    See, that's the thing, the library is similar, and both consoles have exclusives. That's why you buy systems for the games you want to play, not because "My friends have xbox/ps3"

Quote Originally Posted by no conscience
    I have to disagree with you there.

It's annoying how some people come up with this unsubstantiated "Xbox servers are better" garbage.... and how some of them truly thought HD DVDs were better than Blu-rays (like literally they would try and debate the technology was equal/better )... and how they'd seriously sit down and argue that somehow a 60 GB Xbox 360 at $299, + $25 charge & play, +$199 HD DVD player + $50/year XBL was a better value than a $499 PS3.... all while somehow claiming Xbox's lasted longer & PS3s were the ones breaking more frequently

Being that I owned both systems at different times, it's funny to listen to "homers" from either side justify BS reasons why one is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    I have to disagree with you there.

It's annoying how some people come up with this unsubstantiated "Xbox servers are better" garbage.... and how some of them truly thought HD DVDs were better than Blu-rays (like literally they would try and debate the technology was equal/better )... and how they'd seriously sit down and argue that somehow a 60 GB Xbox 360 at $299, + $25 charge & play, +$199 HD DVD player + $50/year XBL was a better value than a $499 PS3.... all while somehow claiming Xbox's lasted longer & PS3s were the ones breaking more frequently

Being that I owned both systems at different times, it's funny to listen to "homers" from either side justify BS reasons why one is better than the other.
    I don't think X-Box gamers are as ignorant as you think. I personally don't care about HD stuff because I don't even own a high def TV. I'm using the white, red, and yellow cords still. Each system is 'expensive' and it all comes down to preference. When people pick X-Box, they pick the system that has the games that they want to play and a larger community that most of their friends probably have. The communication features are not for everyone, but it is a definite perk for those who are into that sort of thing. X-Box smashed PS3 when it comes to exclusives just as bad as Playstation puts the X-Box hardware to shame.

X-Box live isn't a bad fee. They are constantly innovating the service. You make 50 dollars seem like it's a huge sum of cash for a years subscription. $50 is nothing if you work. Hell, I spend that and probably more in a day whenever I take my girlfriend out to dinner or go to the bar. It's well worth it. A larger amount of people prefer XBox games and online service regardless of having to pay a fee whenever they want to play online, you may call them whatever and generalize, it just comes down to what you like

If you like Playstation, cool. X-Box, cool. You get your money's worth both ways if it's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by supersmashbros
    Wii is more Disney-like (the annoying Family Friendly approach Nintendo has been approaching since the GC).
    Sorry but this is simply not true. Nintendo has always had a family oriented approach and has not Disney-fied their games at all. Mario is still Mario, Zelda is still Zelda and Metroid is still Metroid. They are no different than before. They have not changed. You have. Its fine. But its just not true to say they have changed their style. The Gamecube era was also the first time Nintendo ever published M rated games so I don't how you could say they shifted to a Disney like mode. Hell, the first thing they made bank on in the US? Playing cards with Disney characters on them

Keep in mind the stupid ESRB (gaming censorship) was first published by Nintendo for monitoring the 'inapproriate' content in games.
    Nope. The first rating system was created by Sega. The ESRB was created b/c Congress mandated that the VG industry self regulate or else they would get involved. Nintendo would simply self censor games coming out on their systems so as to not deal with the potential backlash.
    Last edited by kentatm; 08-28-2009 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I don't think X-Box gamers are as ignorant as you think. I personally don't care about HD stuff because I don't even own a high def TV. I'm using the white, red, and yellow cords still. Each system is 'expensive' and it all comes down to preference. When people pick X-Box, they pick the system that has the games that they want to play and a larger community that most of their friends probably have. The communication features are not for everyone, but it is a definite perk for those who are into that sort of thing. X-Box smashed PS3 when it comes to exclusives just as bad as Playstation puts the X-Box hardware to shame.

X-Box live isn't a bad fee. They are constantly innovating the service. You make 50 dollars seem like it's a huge sum of cash for a years subscription. $50 is nothing if you work. Hell, I spend that and probably more in a day whenever I take my girlfriend out to dinner or go to the bar. It's well worth it. A larger amount of people prefer XBox games and online service regardless of having to pay a fee whenever they want to play online, you may call them whatever and generalize, it just comes down to what you like

If you like Playstation, cool. X-Box, cool. You get your money's worth both ways if it's what you want.
    I really haven't missed anything with the 360 over the PS3. The communication features weren't meaningful (to me). And they've made a complete 180 degree change in the past 2 years in the PSN network features & system software.

And yes, it's a bad fee. I experienced the same (and sometimes worse) lag on the 360 peer 2 peer networks than I do on PS3 peer 2 peer networks. It's litterally the same exact service. Why pay for nothing extra? A little preferential treatment where they release patches a week early isn't worth 4-5 dollars per month

As I said, I see benefits in both. Since I'm not a hardcore gamer who plays everyday or has friends who play everyday, I thought the PS3 benefits & games, were a perfect fit for me. Back when I had multiple friends who owned the 360 the same time as me, we'd never really play or communicate on there... so it really had no added benefit in my case.
    Last edited by beasted86; 08-28-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Local High School Star Pain of Thought's Avatar

I've never understood this or asked anyone about it.

I mean, I know you can find a debate in anything... Pepsi vs. Coke, McDonalds vs. Burger King, etc... etc...

But most major titles come out for both systems.... I've owned both systems and enjoy both in their own ways. What is the big deal about it?
    You're not exactly correct in saying most big titles come out for both platforms. In fact, it's quite apparent Microsoft has a tight grip on software agreements, and even some titles that eventually come out for both mediums, the 360 version comes out way in advance.

You take away Microsoft's 3RR issue, and 360 is your winner hands down by a landslide.

Metal Queer and God of War isn't exactly enough to say PS3 > 360. The Lackluster library combined with piss poor online capabilities (while free, is garbage) makes the PS3 the inferior console. The wildcard in all this is going to be the up-and-coming price drop, and PS3 having the Blu Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
    You're not exactly correct in saying most big titles come out for both platforms. In fact, it's quite apparent Microsoft has a tight grip on software agreements, and even some titles that eventually come out for both mediums, the 360 version comes out way in advance.

You take away Microsoft's 3RR issue, and 360 is your winner hands down by a landslide.

Metal Queer and God of War isn't exactly enough to say PS3 > 360. The Lackluster library combined with piss poor online capabilities (while free, is garbage) makes the PS3 the inferior console. The wildcard in all this is going to be the up-and-coming price drop, and PS3 having the Blu Ray.
    You are the exact type of "system fanboy" this topic was made for.

Call of Duty is the third best selling franchise on both systems. All well selling major sports titles (Madden, Live, 2K, Fight Night, UFC), are made for both. Other platinum selling games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Rainbow Six Vegas, GRAW, Grand Theft Auto, Saint's Row, BioShock, F.E.A.R., etc... etc... are all made for both systems. What are you talking about?

Then even when you compare exclusive titles, while Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable and Forza make up games in the top 15 selling lists on 360..... Socom, Killzone, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, and Gran Turismo are also top 15 selling titles on PS3. So it's not like either are making exclusives that sell poorly on their respective systems.

I never made this topic to say PS3 > 360. I made this topic to say at best PS3 or 360 are equal, and I don't understand why people constantly feel the need to bash on one system or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Generalize much? If you like to do that, there's also the generalization that video games in general are for teens and overgrown nerds, so it's not good to go there when talking games.
    I mean, the majority of those sci-fi shooters, and games in general have a Teen rating.

Maybe I'm off base, but I'd guess that a more mature audience buy the mature rated games, and more simulation/realistic games rather than Sci-fi. I could more than likely see older people (25+) liking simulation type games like Fight Night & Madden all the same, or if they are into shooters Call of Duty or Graw... rather than more of the scifi genre.

You are the exact type of "system fanboy" this topic was made for.

Call of Duty is the third best selling franchise on both systems. All well selling major sports titles (Madden, Live, 2K, Fight Night, UFC), are made for both. Other platinum selling games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Rainbow Six Vegas, GRAW, Grand Theft Auto, Saint's Row, BioShock, F.E.A.R., etc... etc... are all made for both systems. What are you talking about?

Then even when you compare exclusive titles, while Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable and Forza make up games in the top 15 selling lists on 360..... Socom, Killzone, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, and Gran Turismo are also top 15 selling titles on PS3. So it's not like either are making exclusives that sell poorly on their respective systems.

I never made this topic to say PS3 > 360. I made this topic to say at best PS3 or 360 are equal, and I don't understand why people constantly feel the need to bash on one system or the other.

I'm not a "fanboy" ... I'm simply pointing out the differences between the two systems.

It's beyond obvious when it comes to first party titles, 360 is champ. No debate there. Anyone in the gaming industry will tell you this. Also, just as I noted, some of the biggest "multi-titles" hit the 360 well before they come to PS3 (ie Oblivion and Bioshock).

Why do these simple facts tick you off? It seems you get quite offended debating this stuff. There's very good reason why people could and even should debate both systems. They offer different products for a broad audience of gamers.

Take the online worlds for example, PSN is free, but garbage, again anyone in the industry will tell you this. XBL is not free, but well worth the coin you pay for it if you actually use your 360 daily/weekly.

Why should people debate sports? Why should people debate politics? Why should people debate anything? Stop acting like you know everything about the gaming industry and your opinion is gold. Wake up dude, it's not. Reading your posts just make me SMH. We like to debate things here, what's the BFD? Get out of here. You suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain of Thought

I'm not a "fanboy" ... I'm simply pointing out the differences between the two systems.

It's beyond obvious when it comes to first party titles, 360 is champ. No debate there. Anyone in the gaming industry will tell you this. Also, just as I noted, some of the biggest "multi-titles" hit the 360 well before they come to PS3 (ie Oblivion and Bioshock).

Why do these simple facts tick you off? It seems you get quite offended debating this stuff. There's very good reason why people could and even should debate both systems. They offer different products for a broad audience of gamers.

Take the online worlds for example, PSN is free, but garbage, again anyone in the industry will tell you this. XBL is not free, but well worth the coin you pay for it if you actually use your 360 daily/weekly.

Why should people debate sports? Why should people debate politics? Why should people debate anything? Stop acting like you know everything about the gaming industry and your opinion is gold. Wake up dude, it's not. Reading your posts just make me SMH. We like to debate things here, what's the BFD? Get out of here. You suck.
    What exactly is "garbage" about the PSN? Have you even owned a Playstation 3? Really sounds like an uninformed fanboy who gets his information from other fanboys. Are you bitter you spent money on a useless obsolete HD-DVD drive? Are you trying to justify your money spent on XBL? Does Microsoft send you a check in the mail to go around bashing the PS3 needlessly? Are you a loser/nerd and this is your only form of social interaction? Did you actually go all the way to another website to find a custom smiley? Do those weak insults make you feel empowered?

I've owned both, and I can tell you, the only difference between the two is the ability to chat with a person while playing a game, and ability to "complain" to these unseen or heard of "Xbox live moderators" who never do anything anyway. Everything else: adding friends, sending messages, and actual peer 2 peer networks are all the same. I've actually owned games for both systems and played both online on their respective networks (F.E.A.R. 1 and Rainbow Six Vegas 1), and the gameplay is exactly the same. No more lag, ability to find open games, etc.. on either system. It's an exact duplicate.

I honestly could care less which system anyone prefers, all I do is laugh at the reasoning behind this 'undying fanboy support'.
    Last edited by beasted86; 08-28-2009 at 04:24 PM.

What exactly is "garbage" about the PSN? Have you even owned a Playstation 3? Really sounds like an uninformed fanboy who gets his information from other fanboys. Are you bitter you spent money on a useless obsolete HD-DVD drive? Are you trying to justify your money spent on XBL? Does Microsoft send you a check in the mail to go around bashing the PS3 needlessly? Are you a loser/nerd and this is your only form of social interaction? Did you actually go all the way to another website to find a custom smiley? Do those weak insults make you feel empowered?

I've owned both, and I can tell you, the only difference between the two is the ability to chat with a person while playing a game, and ability to "complain" to these unseen or heard of "Xbox live moderators" who never do anything anyway. Everything else: adding friends, sending messages, and actual peer 2 peer networks are all the same. I've actually owned games for both systems and played both online on their respective networks (F.E.A.R. 1 and Rainbow Six Vegas 1), and the gameplay is exactly the same. No more lag, ability to find open games, etc.. on either system. It's an exact duplicate.

I honestly could care less which system anyone prefers, all I do is laugh at the reasoning behind this 'undying fanboy support'.
    I try to keep telling you, I'm not a *fanboy* - I owned the original XBOX, thought it was garbage. I've always been a Nintendo fan... thought the GameCube was the best platform of the last gaming generation (and I owned all three). I've owned the 360 since 2005. Never bought a garbage HD-DVD drive. I buy a gaming console for gaming, not something I feed DVDs into.

I do not own a PS3, but I will be getting one with the price-drop. I'm sure I'll enjoy my PS3, but based off the games that are out now, and in the future the 360 will be champ. Stop getting so pissed off. You suck. You fail, sir.

Why are you even trying to debate the whole Playstation Network VS XBL. You know damn well XBL is light years ahead of the garbage Gaystation Network. Read up on any credible unbiased gaming source and they will tell you the same. XBL totally destories PSN. Sony better get it together before the next gaming generation with it's online capabilities and funcationalities or they're toast.

If Sony offered a better product in terms of exclusive titles and offered a superior online world, I'd gladly say PS3 > 360. That's not the case. Just STFU already. You get on my nerves. You're a bastard in my humble opinion. You like to put mustard on your shoes. Hell, I'll get a bottle of A1 sauce, hit *OPEN* on your precious PS3 BluRay drive and pour the sauce all up in that bit*h. Don't think I wont either.

I will speak on behalf of the people who have neither. The 360 is superior when it comes to gaming which is all I ever want to do with a console. For the people who want to watch movies and surf the internet, thats cool get the PS3. If you want the best online experience take the 360. Hands down.

A lot of people base their opinions on the PS3 network on old knowledge.

The PS Network has improved drastically over the past year.

While I agree XBox has always had the superior online service... I have no problem playing any of my games online with PS3 today (something I couldn't say a year ago).

Personally, I'll ride or die with Playstation for the next 5-6 years (the expected life span of this current generation of systems).

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Personally, I'm a playstation guy. But the exclusive contract XBox has with Netflix I think is an undersold topic.

Basically, for a fifty dollar XBox live fee, and the I think 8 bucks a month fee for Netflix, which I think is cheaper if you buy by the year, you get this giant DVD collection on demand sitting on some server out there that you can access whenever you want. Even without ever intending to buy a game, you could justify owning an XBox just for that if you rent movies at all.