Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Luka has turned Porzingins into Channing Frye.

[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]I know this post is a joke but Porzingis

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    By Bron ball...do you mean winning multiple titles as the best player while elevating somewhat mediocre casts at times?

I mean, at some point criticizing Luka for having this Mavericks team as the best offense in the league seems a little crazy.

You can not like the style, but not liking the style doesn't somehow make it worse.
    Dude all of lebron's championship teams were very good. Especially miami where he actually didnt play "bron ball" as much and conformed more to spols system.

And yeah 3 chips is still great but if he had of been willing to sacrifice stats and his ego and play for a great coach in a system like in miami he would of won way more. Teams lead by ball dominant stars hasnt lead to many chips through out the years. Bron in 16 is the only one i can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    And yeah 3 chips is still great but if he had of been willing to sacrifice stats and his ego and play for a great coach in a system like in miami he would of won way more. Teams lead by ball dominant stars hasnt lead to many chips through out the years. Bron in 16 is the only one i can think of.
    While, true theoretically there are no seasons where he lost the chip because of "Bron ball". He hasn't been on the kinds of team where his failure to step back into a lesser role held the team back.

Dude all of lebron's championship teams were very good. Especially miami where he actually didnt play "bron ball" as much and conformed more to spols system.

What championship teams, outside a few outliers, weren't very good in the way you are talking?

Maybe 94 Rockets / 03 Spurs / 11 Mavs...what else?

Almost all the other championships won in the modern era are populated with multiple all-nba players or players of that caliber at least with very good coaching/supporting casts relative to the competition.

True. Like getting to the finals for almost a decade and winning some is a bad thing. In fact, Luka is playing more like an hybrid of Lebron and Harden.

[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]It

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

You have no idea what you're talking about, regurgitating 3balls lazy takes is embarrasing to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    While, true theoretically there are no seasons where he lost the chip because of "Bron ball". He hasn't been on the kinds of team where his failure to step back into a lesser role held the team back.
    What is funny...is that the main criticism of Lebron, rightfully so imo, is that he didn't play aggressive enough in the 2011 Finals.

It could be the case that not playing "Lebron ball" cost him a title...whereas I can't think of a title he lost either because of playing "Lebron ball"...

What is funny...is that the main criticism of Lebron, rightfully so imo, is that he didn't play aggressive enough in the 2011 Finals.

It could be the case that not playing "Lebron ball" cost him a title...whereas I can't think of a title he lost either because of playing "Lebron ball"...
    LeBron haters (who are almost always Kobetards, it seems) are usually very stupid. The reasons for LeBron losing in the finals has either been lack of defense (2014, 2017), being hopelessly outmatched (2007, 2015, 2018), or his own choking (2011). It’s never been because of “LeBron ball”.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBron haters (who are almost always Kobetards, it seems) are usually very stupid. The reasons for LeBron losing in the finals has either been lack of defense (2014, 2017), being hopelessly outmatched (2007, 2015, 2018), or his own choking (2011). It’s never been because of “LeBron ball”.
    The funniest thing to me, is the stuff like...well, Magic played that way and won, but he had super teams...

And then they turn around and call Kobe/Shaq not a superteam. Where you get, at worst, 2 of the best 15 players of all-time on the same team...with one of them at his peak (which was probably top 5 ever) with one of the best coaches ever and solid veteran supporting casts...and honestly nothing special in terms of competition....certainly nothing of note in the Finals that is for sure.

But, they won because of mid-range/defense...but Magic/Lebron won because of unfairly stacking the deck.

How someone can be so blinded is beyond me.

3-time NBA All-Star

What championship teams, outside a few outliers, weren't very good in the way you are talking?

Maybe 94 Rockets / 03 Spurs / 11 Mavs...what else?

Almost all the other championships won in the modern era are populated with multiple all-nba players or players of that caliber at least with very good coaching/supporting casts relative to the competition.
    I didnt say any championship teams weren't very good. They were all good. Either i spoke wrong or you misunderstood.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, regurgitating 3balls lazy takes is embarrasing to say the least
    I understand just fine. hat am i wrong about?

If you would have watched more than the 2min game highlights, you will see that porzingis just cant post up and is right now not even able to make the pnr.
    The only criticism i have with doncic are the 3s. He takes imo too much

I understand just fine. hat am i wrong about?
    Absolutely nothing dude's just fuming at the truth.

Channing Frye that can also protect the paint, post up, and make some mid-range shots?

Sounds like a pretty impactful player to me.
    Krist doesn't post up. He absolutely is not feared by the smaller defender of getting backed down and bullied for an easy 2.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

The funniest thing to me, is the stuff like...well, Magic played that way and won, but he had super teams...

And then they turn around and call Kobe/Shaq not a superteam. Where you get, at worst, 2 of the best 15 players of all-time on the same team...with one of them at his peak (which was probably top 5 ever) with one of the best coaches ever and solid veteran supporting casts...and honestly nothing special in terms of competition....certainly nothing of note in the Finals that is for sure.

But, they won because of mid-range/defense...but Magic/Lebron won because of unfairly stacking the deck.

How someone can be so blinded is beyond me.
    I disagree to a point.

I never considered Shaq/Kobe to be a superteam. I always considered a superteam to be 3 or more superstars. And with throughout their championship run, I don't think they had a more talented roster than their 98 team. Shaq, Eddie Jones, teen Kobe, Nick Van Exel, with Elden Campbell coming off the bench. And still with Robert Horry, Rick Fox, young Fisher.
    They had four all-stars, and the most talent in the league and still lost.

With Shaq/Kobe, they were the one and two punch. When they got Gary Payton and Karl Malone, they seemed more like a superteam. But Gary Payton didn't fit.They were old, sure, but Karl Malone was good within the triangel.

And the teams did challenge them. Not with star talent, but with overall good team. None for the east tho except for the Pistons. I guess you can argue the Pacers, but that was before Kobe became a star.

With Magic Lakers, they did stacked the deck. But so did other top teams eventually. 76ers, Celts, Pistons eventually. And back then, the West sucked. Really no competition other than Rockets pulling out the upset every now and then. But with Magic's team, he could give the ball to Kareem and let him do work or have Michael Cooper take point a couple of times. It depends on which season we are talking about to discuss in fully of Lakers use of Magic. But if I can recall, could be wrong, but it was never "lets sacrifice our game to fit with Magic". It was more like, Magic will try to find you in the best spot. He just always had the talent to do it effectively with to win.