Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Not shocked: sixers/wolves trade

Thaddeus young is a 6th man. He is a starter by default if your team stinks like the Sixers. What you saw last season was the best you'll ever get out of him. Decent rebounder, I wouldn't label him a threat from behind the arc despite hitting more 3's than he normally does as a Sixer. Ultimately he is a guy you being off the bench to give u instant pts energy/hustle. And solid defender even if he lacks size vs some of the PFs he faces.

That said I love this trade. What the hell did people expect to get in return for Thaddeus friggin Young? Spencer Hawes got u two second rd picks. Evan got you a second rd pick. And now Thad gets you a first plus a young player whom either develops or goes back overseas and rots. I'm joking I know little about Schved. But this is a fair deal and I love it for the sixers. Young can opt out. Sixers couldn't get a first last draft. We get one now. Asset to trade.

I don't see how wolves robbed us. If you're looking at their total haul after the smoke clears for the trading of Love? I think they did a very good job from that standpoint.

Luc doesn't save us cash but he replaces Thad. Not production wise but fills his position at PF. The Bennett being thrown in was too good to be true.

Why do sixers need to keep Thad? How many games did we win with him again? Please count them. Not bashing him like I would Turner. Just that people overrvalue Thaddeus young and I don't know why.

Decent college freshman

Wish we didn't give up on Shved, I think he will do well in Philly. LRAM is one of the worst offensive players of all time, dude cant even hit a layup.

Great trades for the Wolves.

Here's one Philly writer who thinks Schved is more than he is cracked up to be.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-le...ad-young-trade

That's a pretty small sample size way up top, obviously, and there's other statistical noise in there (including some chicken-or-egg stuff about him getting the minutes when he's already playing well), but 13 and six on 43% shooting (35% from downtown) in 16 games of 30-something minutes is a little encouraging, anyway. It should be pretty clear at least that this guy wasn't meant to play just ten minutes a game, at the least, and the numbers would certainly suggest that as the Wolves lost faith in him, his performance declined accordingly. On the Sixers, who have

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I thought Shved would be decent but it looks as though he's trash. Not to worry, I'm cool w a first round pick even if it is 18-25.

How are the Sixers going to develop all their young talent, when they have no one to teach them ?

There's not one single decent veteran on their roster, and the coach is new too.

It's like take a bunch of talented kids in primary school, putting them all in a room together, and telling them to teach themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    How are the Sixers going to develop all their young talent, when they have no one to teach them ?

There's not one single decent veteran on their roster, and the coach is new too.

It's like take a bunch of talented kids in primary school, putting them all in a room together, and telling them to teach themselves.

This... how long are these idiots going to tank? They have MCW, Embiid, and Noel and probably one or two nice players I'm forgetting, they need to start to learn how to win. Not learn how to get another lottery pick

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Obvious tanking by Sixers. What an incredible trade for the Wolves. I'm so glad Bennett is staying put. This is going to make the Wolves the 3rd most exciting team to watch next year (behind Lakers, Cavs).

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket

Do you know what Brett Brown's job was with San Antonio? Developing players. Get a clue.

In fact, as a head coach he still spends one on one time with players helping them develop. I dunno if you know much about coaching, but in the NBA that is quite rare.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 08-22-2014 at 06:41 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i think the whole "no veterans to teach them" is over hyped i mean they have been playing basketball their whole lives.

Looks bad for the Sixers at first glance... but I don't think it is that bad.

Thad was gone, one way or another. I have nothing against him, and appreciate everything he did for the Sixers. And he is a very good backup forward; with his talent and flexibility he is a great asset to have. But him in the current 76ers didn't really make sense neither for him nor for the team.

I would appreciate if anyone who watched Shved could add more on him. From what I remember he showed very nice flashes of a decent combo guard albeit inconsistent, but youth can excuse that for now. Originally a SG that had to play PG for the Wolves, he will play more his natural SG position in Philly. I remember he displayed very good scoring instincts at times. I am hoping he develops into a very good backup guard if things go well.

I'd lie if I say I care about Prince Luc, but that's because as a fan I mostly get to see what happens on the court. Hey, if he can direct Embiid in the right path, go ahead. Thanks for the 1st round pick though. Can't wait to see what Hinckie makes out of it.

As much as Bennett sucked his rookie season, getting him for Thad was too good to be true.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Thad for Schved Luc Moute and Miami 2015 first.

Bennett is not included. Hardly surprised because they deal was too good. And wolves fans here (forgot ur name I'm intoxicated) said that would be the case.
    Hello.

I knew Bennett wasn't going to Philly because it made no sense for the Wolves and it was too good of a trade for Philly.

Glad Flip is running these trades...and not Kahn.

Im actually surprised Shabazz Muhammed didn't get traded. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ShackEelOKneel
    Well, I certainly hope the NBA changes the lottery this year now.
    As do I.

From a fan perspective it must be rough, but they know what they're doing. They'll have top 10 picks probably for the next two seasons.

After that they'll have a starting five full of lotto picks on rookie contracts in an attractive market. They'll be on top of the world in 5 years.

Sucks and is super shitty but they know the game.

it's funny that when the sixers decide to tank after years of mediocrity all the sudden everyone has a problem with tanking. other teams have been in the lottery year after year and nobody says anything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    it's funny that when the sixers decide to tank after years of mediocrity all the sudden everyone has a problem with tanking. other teams have been in the lottery year after year and nobody says anything about them.
    What?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260419016

Madsen, one of the team's hardest workers and most unassuming personalities, took a career-high 15 shots, making just one of them.

The Timberwolves took all kinds of shit for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    What?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260419016

Madsen, one of the team's hardest workers and most unassuming personalities, took a career-high 15 shots, making just one of them.

The Timberwolves took all kinds of shit for this.
    and what did david stern talk about changing the draft after that? nope.