Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: New report: obesity cost USA 300 billion a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Got tons of wealthy&good looking couples walking around in Paris..

You ever been to Viena?

Home of beautiful women.. Guess a lot are also rich tourists
    I have not been to Vienna. Yes there are A LOT of hot women running around in Paris, and everyone is very fashion and style conscious. If you're wearing shorts and Nikes then you had better be jogging.

There is a lack of deodorant in France though, body odor is prevalent. And men typically look unkept and ungroomed despite having good fashion sense. Also it seems like everyone smokes, so despite a lack of obesity I am not sure they are any healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I have not been to Vienna. Yes there are A LOT of hot women running around in Paris, and everyone is very fashion and style conscious. If you're wearing shorts and Nikes then you had better be jogging.

There is a lack of deodorant in France though, body odor is prevalent. And men typically look unkept and ungroomed despite having good fashion sense. Also it seems like everyone smokes, so despite a lack of obesity I am not sure they are any healthier.
    Vienna was amazing.. mindboggling. Every few seconds I could have turned my head to check out the next dime..

As far as Paris goes, you accurately broke it down

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    lol it also seems like more and more everyday I see some shit trending on facebook of some fat bitch flaunting her fatness and shit. anyone else know what I'm talking about?

and if you call this shit out these fat ****s always refute with "some people just have health problems, not everyone can be skinny"

these are the dumb broads who try to diet for like two days, don't see immediate results and then just say **** it eat a whole tub of icecream the next day
    yep. stupid fat acceptance bitches. being fat is a bad thing.

Just because a 'report' or 'study' says something doesn't necessarily make it true. Especially studies like this that only bother accounting for one side of the equation. There are other studies that show people who live healthy and fit lives are the ones that actually cost society the most in the long run - these people are the true parasites of society. This is the reality when you take into account both sides of the equation and don't just select the statistics you want so you can make an argument for nannying the population.

Fat people, although repulsive and disgusting, really don't cost shit (relatively speaking). They die earlier, and elderly people, their medical costs and social care, are the biggest drains on public funds by some distance.

NBA Superstar

i'm not doubting we don't have a issue with obesity but a institute called Fiscal something seems like it has a agenda to paint this picture as bad as he can.

For him to even assign a lost money value to people who have died, based on obesity per person in lost money for USA, is rather ridiculous. that guy is probably like a tea party jerkoff.

also if you guys are going to pretend to police other peoples weights, you might as well do their green footprint, and overall activity as well. since we all pay for the roads, sidewalks, and other public fixtures people use and some tend to use a lot more....if you want to start making law along these type of lines at least.

Literally every lifestyle costs billions in medical costs. The cost that really matters is the downgrade to quality of life (self-esteem, social life, etc).

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Just because a 'report' or 'study' says something doesn't necessarily make it true. Especially studies like this that only bother accounting for one side of the equation. There are other studies that show [COLOR="Red"]people who live healthy and fit lives are the ones that actually cost society the most in the long run - these people are the true parasites of society.[/COLOR] This is the reality when you take into account both sides of the equation and don't just select the statistics you want so you can make an argument for nannying the population.

Fat people, although repulsive and disgusting, really don't cost shit (relatively speaking). They die earlier, and elderly people, their medical costs and social care, are the biggest drains on public funds by some distance.

those that die at birth cost the least and are the least amount of burden to the rest of us so they are the true humanitarians. dead fetuses

or better yet, People that never existed

NBA Legend

Just because a 'report' or 'study' says something doesn't necessarily make it true. Especially studies like this that only bother accounting for one side of the equation. There are other studies that show people who live healthy and fit lives are the ones that actually cost society the most in the long run - these people are the true parasites of society. This is the reality when you take into account both sides of the equation and don't just select the statistics you want so you can make an argument for nannying the population.

This is true in some ways but IMO just because the government is too involved in financing the elderly doesnt mean we should excuse other people for being wasteful. The retirement age in our country should absolutely be raised, and medical expenses for the elderly have to be reigned in.

Our countrys balance sheet has become SO bloated with ridiculous entitlements and everyone thinks that just bc the money is there now (which it technically isnt but the effects on the economy arent as obvious rigt now) its always gonna be peaches and cream to run up bills on debt riddled programs.

Our democracy is RAPIDLY losing discipline and it is going to be a major problem at some point.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    There are a number of problems on the verge of turning crises domestically and globally but we cant confront them because it might HURT SOMEONES FEELINGS.

Its really fukced up if you think about it. Politicians wont tell people to get it together, theyre scared theyll lose the next election. Businesses, employees wont say anything, theyre scared of losing customers or getting fired.

Everyone is just waiting for the next famous white guy to say something racist so they can get out the soapbox and empty their cartridge of stones, bc thats all their social ingraination permits them to do. Or maybe a famous conservative will oppose abortion and they can fire away! Never confront someone with low income, never criticize a minority community, never question a democrat politician... These ****ing sheep are literally scared AF of being exiled from their "oooomg, i am SOOO smart and sensitive, everyone look how radically liberal I am, doesnt that make me cool??? Please tell me u think it makes me seem cool and edgy, PLEeeAaaseee..." little group. Theyre insecure weinies who NEED the approval of that group. They dont care WHAT the group tells them to think, as long as it means they get included in something for once in their lives.

And the culture of weenieness and insecurity and fear of hurt feelings is having grave consequences for our entire community. Its really messed up.
    so can you honestly list what you would do?
    What can politicians do about obeseity?
    Do you support the bloombergs of the world? (enforcing health)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Literally every lifestyle costs billions in medical costs. The cost that really matters is the downgrade to quality of life (self-esteem, social life, etc).
    Agreed. So basically personal and self-inflicted cost rather than societal cost. It sure doesn't help their self-esteem that people like the fools who conducted this 'report' are now accusing them of being some grand burden to society, as if turning them into hate figures will help their social lives.

Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzt7oCFN3ek
    80% of American families look exactly like that

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

those that die at birth cost the least and are the least amount of burden to the rest of us so they are the true humanitarians. dead fetuses

or better yet, People that never existed
    I think you'll find that's just about primary justification for abortion: that it eases the burden on society in it not having to pay for and support millions of unwanted children.

Don't laugh at things your primitive mind evidently cannot comprehend. It is a fact that the obese don't cost more money in medical costs (on average) than the healthy. And if you were capable of thinking for yourself, you would realise this.

NBA Legend

Agreed. So basically personal and self-inflicted cost rather than societal cost. It sure doesn't help their self-esteem that people like the fools who conducted this 'report' are now accusing them of being some grand burden to society, as if turning them into hate figures will help their social lives.

Information is information. If the World Fat Alliance wants to publish a report on what healthy people cost the government, theyre certainly welcome to. Never hurts to have all the facts. People have an interest in where government money is going.

NBA All-star

Besides the fact that fat people, supports an eco system that probably isn't best for the country, but only for capitalism.

You can make it legal to not save someone who is in the emergency room.

Or you can make costly behaviors much more expensive.

"I shouldn't get punished for trying to get treatment. But I should be punished for trying to get myself more treatment"

Go figure that out.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I have a friend just like this. She wanted to lose weight and slim down, was super committed to it. So I tried to help her with tons of encouragement, took her running and to the gym with me, gave her dietary tips, basically functioned as her personal trainer etc. Then two weeks later when she stepped on the scale and hadn't lost as much weight as she expected to she completely gave up. Threw in the towel and sort of adopted the mentality of "well I am the way I am so I may as well come to terms with it" and reverted right back to her old eating habits and not working out and shit.

I was really disappointed in her.
    Your weight is completely irrelevant. It's a joke that people still use BMI as an indicator of health and the scales for your overall weight. It's all about body composition. I bet your friend lost fat and gained some muscle which is a denser heavier tissue which made her result feel all that more underwhelming.

Giving up after 2 weeks is truly pathetic. Only liars can't find the time to get 15 minutes of exercise in each day.