Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: International teams play a better brand of basketball than USA

The new rules were the worst thing to happen to the Nba

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    But how about the European players who come to the NBA? Granted there's Manu who surprises everybody with a jam now and then, but then guys like Nowitzki, Nash (if he can be counted), Scola, Peja. I have never noticed those guys developing athletically.
    Dirk has developed quite a bit as an athlete since coming to the NBA.

Maybe I didn't word it correctly but idk.

Not saying that they would be as or more athletic I said it would help and that players like AI, D. Rose, and RW put in hours in the weight room which is a big part of their athleticism, it isn't all gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

The thing is in my mind is that some people don't like watching young, talented, and brazen young black men play ball.
    Do you seriously make everything a black and white thing?

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    But how about the European players who come to the NBA? Granted there's Manu who surprises everybody with a jam now and then, but then guys like Nowitzki, Nash (if he can be counted), Scola, Peja. I have never noticed those guys developing athletically.
    Because they never really tried to. Look at a guy like Robertas Javtokas, who obviously does work on his size and athleticism. Anybody can get more athletic and change their physique if they put the work in. People act like black people come out the womb with 40 inch verticals or something.

Or look at what Skita did to his body in one offseason, 215 to 240

Even this kat, at 52, did it (P90X)

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Do you seriously make everything a black and white thing?
    No, I'm just stating a point....you're making it that way.

If you haven't noticed I have been trying not to join a racial debate.

Some of my HS pals would rather watch an IN HS basketball game (over an NBA one) featuring four passes before a shot, no frills, no dunks, and if there are any brothers on the court they don't look or act like a young AI if you know what I mean.

That's not racist and I don't believe people that find a team full spoiled, brazen, gifted Negros less appealing than a fundamentally sound, bland, and heady Euros are racist either.

You made it a race issue.

I said "some people might not like."

"It" could be for a myriad of reasons, race is not the first thing that came to mind actually.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 08-22-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Who on the current team "looks or acts like a young AI?"

The difference between us and the other teams in the tournament is two
    1) The international game is different, and emphasizes shooting and spreading the floor. It's been a long time since american basketball emphasized shooting. That hurts. We don't play that style. If we were having an NBA rules tournament we'd cruise.
    2) We throw together our team on a whim. These European teams have guys who have come up playing together on national teams for years upon years. if you don't think that's a big deal you clearly never played any ball that was even remotely semi-competitive.

That's all.

No, I'm just stating a point....you're making it that way.

If you haven't noticed I have been trying not to join a racial debate.

Some of my HS pals would rather watch an IN HS basketball game featuring four passes before a shot, no frills, no dunks, and if there are any brothers on the court they don't look or act like a young AI if you know what I mean.

That's not racist and I don't believe people that find a team full spoiled, brazen, gifted Negros less appealing than a fundamentally sound, bland, and heady Euros are racist either.

You made it a race issue.

I said "some people might not like."

"It" could be for a myriad of reasons, race is not the first thing that came to mind actually.
    Whatever man.

It's exactly people like you that keep these racial boundaries going far into the future by spreading such talk to younger generations.

If it's not a race issue, don't mention race. You were the first to do so, and you constantly do this in damn near every thread. "It's not racist, but it's a fact" bullshit that you pull is tired and played out. Get the notion out of your head.
    Some people honestly couldn't give a rats ass about a persons color where as you seem to always find reason to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    Who on the current team "looks or acts like a young AI?"
    Where did you get that from?

You missed my point--it was about perception.

Whatever man.

It's exactly people like you that keep these racial boundaries going far into the future by spreading such talk to younger generations.

If it's not a race issue, don't mention race. You were the first to do so, and you constantly do this in damn near every thread. "It's not racist, but it's a fact" bullshit that you pull is tired and played out. Get the notion out of your head.
    Some people honestly couldn't give a rats ass about a persons color where as you seem to always find reason to investigate.
    He's Al Sharpton version2.

Whatever man.

You are so close minded it's sort of pitiful.

My point actually expressed that you can not like brazen, gifted, and spoiled black athletes and not be racist.

Why your feelings are all hurt over my font is a different story.

I point out something that's my truth, my opinion without being hurtful or malicious and it's an issue with you.

Tell me how, specifically, I turned things racial or made comment that is false and I will sincerely apologize.

If not, wipe your vulva and man up.

My opinion doesn't have to hurt your feelings all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    He's Al Sharpton version2.
    Weak.

Plus I go to more Jazz games than you and know your idol.

D. Rose> D. Will in 2010, 2011

Now burn.

voice of reason

No I do not.

I'm sick of all this USA bashing.

The US won the game and all everyone can do is point to the US's faults....what about Lithuania's faults? Why haven't they been mentioned?

The only players on Team USA with extensive FIBA experience are who? Billups and Odom?

The rest of the players are adjusting to a new form of ball after being told to do things a certain way for their short careers....it takes some adjusting to.

Americans have skills, we know how to pass and set screens and move without the ball, and we are the best basketball nation in the world.

The thing is in my mind is that some people don't like watching young, talented, and brazen young black men play ball.

Cool.

But don't act like team USA is more athletic because of natural ability and we have no skill.

Other teams would be more athletic if they spent more time in the weight room....some of these guys are dedicated and hard working...they weren't born ripped.

We run and play good defense so we don't have to implement as much offense because we probably have to worst cohesiveness in the tournament....again, not the player's fault.
    Not everything is about race, chill out. Have you even seen any of the international games? Their better fundamentals are undeniable, ESPN/ABC/TNT/NBATV coverage pretty much agrees on the same thing.

My point actually expressed that you can not like brazen, gifted, and spoiled black athletes and not be racist.
    Once again, what has it got to do with black or white in the first place? The fact that you brought up race at all is my point. You love looking at everything in black and white.

Your opinions don't hurt my feelings, its just the fact you make everything about race (it doesn't have to be racist) and you look stupid because of it.

Weak.

Plus I go to more Jazz games than you and know your idol.

D. Rose> D. Will in 2010, 2011

Now burn.
    And exactly what does that have to do with you being a closed minded racist?

And lol at D-Rose being better then D-Will. Maybe once D-Rose gets better then Rondo we can talk