Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Kevin Love vs Anthony Davis?

Who's better right now?

Love is a better scorer and rebounder, but Davis is a better defender

Love also has more moves to score, and can score when defenses are focused against him.

Although Davis is young and can improve this year.

Neither player has been to the playoffs

Default Re: Kevin Love vs Anthony Davis?

I'd take Davis right now, and I'd easily take him in the future (barring injury).

Davis, easily.

Davis is the better all-around player.

Love is really good scorer & rebounder, but the thing is... he can't really play defense.

Davis is only 21 years old, and just came off averaged 21 pppg, 10 rpg, 3 apg, 1 spg in just his 2nd NBA season. He's played 2 seasons in the league and has already put up numbers like that. That's crazy.

Prime AD will be scary. He has potential to be as good as prime KG or Timmy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.

Love is really good scorer & rebounder, but the thing is... he can't really play defense.

Davis is only 21 years old, and just came off averaged 21 pppg, 10 rpg, 3 apg, 1 spg in just his 2nd NBA season. He's played 2 seasons in the league and has already put up numbers like that. That's crazy.

But is he better right now?? imo AD relies too much on hustle points, Love has a complete scoring arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    But is he better right now?? imo AD relies too much on hustle points, Love has a complete scoring arsenal
    Hey points are points

Love has the better scoring arsenal, but that doesn't mean I would take him over Anthony Davis. If you compare their shooting percentages, Davis shot 52% and Love shot 46%. Davis is more efficient.

When you're comparing Love & Davis, you gotta factor in the defense. Defense is HUGE in basketball, and Davis is elite on that end. That's why I picked AD. He's got major potential and plays great on both ends.

I would take AD over Love no matter the circumstance. Whether it's only for one year or the next ten, AD is a no-brainer pick.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I think this is the first time I heard somebody refer to hustle points as if it is a bad thing

Dunking on everybody in the park

Simply put, Anthony Davis is the next great superstar in the NBA and will be challenging for the MVP award within just a few seasons.

Kevin Love is obviously a top 10 player. But Anthony Davis has the potential to be the best player in the league down the road. His defense alone is enough to get in the nod over Love even at his young age.

I would take Anthony Davis over any player 25 and younger than a league today. Basically, the only players I would take over him is KD and LeBron James.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I think this is the first time I heard somebody refer to hustle points as if it is a bad thing
    They arent 1st option reliable, so yes it can be a "bad "thing.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    Simply put, Anthony Davis is the next great superstar in the NBA and will be challenging for the MVP award within just a few seasons.

Kevin Love is obviously a top 10 player. But Anthony Davis has the potential to be the best player in the league down the road. His defense alone is enough to get in the nod over Love even at his young age.

I would take Anthony Davis over any player 25 and younger than a league today. Basically, the only players I would take over him is KD and LeBron James.
    That's not the question though. The question is, just for this year, who is the better player. To me, it all depends on the kind of team you have around them.

Kevin Love isn't just a guy who can "shoot" and "rebound." He's maybe the best passing PF in the NBA and is especially good at grabbing a defensive rebound and starting the break with a long outlet pass.

He's also one of the most versatile scorers in the league, deadly in the pick-and-roll, pick-and-pop, high post and he even has some nice moves in the low post. On top of that, you have him constantly stretching defenses with his shooting ability.

I have no doubt that Davis will eventually be a Top 5, maybe Top 3 player in this league. But, for next year? Depends on the situation and what you need.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Not a bad thing per se, but you can never rely on hustle points.

Banned

Hey points are points

Love has the better scoring arsenal, but that doesn't mean I would take him over Anthony Davis. If you compare their shooting percentages, Davis shot 52% and Love shot 46%. Davis is more efficient.

When you're comparing Love & Davis, you gotta factor in the defense. Defense is HUGE in basketball, and Davis is elite on that end. That's why I picked AD. He's got major potential and plays great on both ends.
    FG% means jack shit when you compare a player that took 500 threes vs the other only taking 9..

Kevin Love is more efficient...

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

That is crazy.

But, then think about this... in his third season and at just 22-years-old, Kevin Love averaged 20.2 points, 15.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists on 47/42/85.

Do you think Davis is going to top those numbers this coming season at the same stage? It sure as hell isn't going to be easy.