Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Win $10,000 if you can prove man-main global climate change is not occurring

A scientist has issued a challenge
    am announcing the start of the $10,000 Global Warming Skeptic Challenge. The rules are easy:

1. I will award $10,000 of my own money to anyone that can prove, via the scientific method, that man-made global climate change is not occurring;

2. There is no entry fee;

3. You must be 18 years old or older to enter;

4. Entries do not have to be original, they only need to be first;
    The first entry did not win.

Banned

Default Re: Win $10,000 if you can prove man-main global climate change is not occurring

Win $1,00000000000,0000000000000000000,000000000000000 00USD if you can prove god doesn't exist.

Banned

Default Re: Win $10,000 if you can prove man-main global climate change is not occurring

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus-Sack
    Win $1,00000000000,0000000000000000000,000000000000000 00USD if you can prove god doesn't exist.
    No picture of him.

NBA Legend

Biological activity and human industrialization surely have an impact on the atmosphere and subsequently on Earth's climate.

The degree to which they contribute to any shift in climate is extremely difficult to determine, given that the Earth goes through its own natural climate changes and cycles without any influence induced by humanity.

Heres the point liberals are missing: Whats the point in studying it if youre not going to do anything about it? Putting sanctions on yourself when other countries wont follow suit is not going to solve the problem and it will simply handicap ourselves economically.

If we wanna be real, the Earth as we know it cant handle seven billion industrialized people. So what are we gona do? Put the kabash on the industrialization of other countries or go in and institute population control? If we do that, liberals will cry about that. If we dont do that and the polar bears start dyin, liberals will cry about THAT. Either way, theyre going to cry. Its the one thing we can be sure of.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 06-23-2014 at 02:36 AM.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

So the challenge is to prove that global warming is not man made?

NBA Legend

Silly contests like this are stupid, and both sides want to argue just for the sake of winning an argument against their partisan rivals.

In fact, I will give the SCIENTIST $10,000 if he can come up with a solution to man-made global warming that gets implemented as policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    If we wanna be real, the Earth as we know it cant handle seven billion industrialized people. So what are we gona do? Put the kabash on the industrialization of other countries or go in and institute population control? If we do that, liberals will cry about that. If we dont do that and the polar bears start dyin, liberals will cry about THAT. Either way, theyre going to cry. Its the one thing we can be sure of.
    Quite the contrary, the Earth can and will handle seven billion people...much in the same way she's handled the other annoyances and evolutionary nuisances in her four billion years of life. She'll simply get rid of us...much like you would a mild case of fleas.

The whole point of this climate change thing is that WE are the ones who are screwed. The planet will cleanse and correct herself and keep on floating around the Sun long after we're gone.
    Last edited by Derka; 06-23-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Quite the contrary, the Earth can and will handle seven billion people...much in the same way she's handled the other annoyances and evolutionary nuisances in her four billion years of life. She'll simply get rid of us...much like you would a mild case of fleas.

The whole point of this climate change thing is that WE are the ones who are screwed. The planet will cleanse and correct herself and keep on floating around the Sun long after we're gone.
    So the problem will sort itself out then? Good to know.

NBA Superstar

Disagre with this as I think Humans do have the power to **** over Earth. We're already dropping bombs on parts of Earth just cause we don't like the people that live there

And also basically every other animal in nature rarely ever takes more than it needs. Humans on the other hand, we are using so much resources it's ridiculous

Banned

there is zero proof. It is all based off speculation from a tiny sample size of 64 years when weather monitering instruments were invented. The creator of the global warming theory himself retracted it and said he was wrong.

If you look at the past billion years of history you will see that the earth went through much more dramatic climate changes by itself, before humans, or any life form for that matter, even existed.

Pro-climate change people are desperate and clutching at straws.

Governments love global warming because it is another thing that they will try to tax. 'Carbon footprint tax' XD lol and the idiots will gladly accept.

Look at the 1700s, our people started a revolution when they started taxing tea. Now they are taxing 'carbon footprints' and everyone is eager to pay up.

Just look at the European warming period in the 900s. Much more dramatic climate change then what is happening right now. I suppose humans caused that too
    Last edited by Nick Young; 06-23-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Disagre with this as I think Humans do have the power to **** over Earth. We're already dropping bombs on parts of Earth just cause we don't like the people that live there

And also basically every other animal in nature rarely ever takes more than it needs. Humans on the other hand, we are using so much resources it's ridiculous
    I think my problem is more with the language we use than anything else. I can agree that on the whole, we are entirely abusive with our consumption of resources. I don't think, however, that's to the detriment of the planet's health...I think it's to the detriment of OUR health. Humans, being the arrogant creatures we are, like to think that those two concepts are one in the same. They're not.

Sure, launch every nuclear weapon around the world...you'll destroy most of the life and poison the soil, air and water for a few hundred years. After that...nature will recover. She's recovered from disasters before and she'll keep doing it until conditions beyond this planet are such that she can't do it anymore. Nature seeks balance in all things. Humans can attempt to control it and guide it all we want...in the end, nature always will win out with or without our help just as she always has.

So to me, all this crap about global warming and climate change is just political nonsense on both sides; just another cause the people in power throw at us normal people to keep us fighting with each other and keep us distracted from how badly the ruling class is f*cking us every day of our lives.

The smart thing to do would be for all of us to say "Hey, we've only got a relatively short amount of time here on this planet together before she shakes us off like a bad rash and replaces us with whatever evolves next, so for our own sake let's try to be responsible stewards of this awesome gift we've been given." But humans are for the most part soft, ignorant and terrified of things they can't control...the truth is we have no problem tossing styrofoam containers on the ground, just so long as we can still whip out our iPhones and pull up 10,000 pictures of vag*nal pubic hair patterns in an instant.

NBA Legend

I didnt mean the Earth was going to destruct or something

I meant its clearly not capable of being hospitable to seven billion industrialized people and all the domestic animals they eat. Fish populations are already shrinking significantly, so that food source is out of whack. More cows means more warming.

I mean, we have a serious problem on the horizon. The time for arguing about who was right has passed... The question now is what are we gonna DO.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 06-23-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I didnt mean the Earth was going to destruct or something

I meant hes clearly not capable of being hospitable to seven billion industrialized people and all the domestic animals they eat. Fish populations are already disappearing so that food source is out of whack. More cows means more warming.

I mean, we have a serious problem on the horizon. The time for arguing about who was right has passed... The question now is what are we gonna DO.
    You're right, the argument is complete bullshit at this point. But what can we do? Selective vegetarianism? Worldwide enforced breeding limits...one kid per family gets to reach adulthood? Quotas on how many F350s get to roam the roads?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

So if a 17 year old brought actual "proof" forward via sci-method he/she would not be awarded anything