Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I rule the local playground Devientz's Avatar

Default Re: the kids down the hall

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    the clipps never have left that abyss, they have made four trips to the playoffs since they came to LA in 1984. the lakers hav't missed the playoffs that many times... this is why the clippers have to use pictures of other teams stars to sell tickets
    "come see lebron james as he takes on your los angeles clippers"

for a team in such a large market it's deplorable how bad a team, they are.. there is no excuse for a 24 year slump...
    Well, Good point.
    I guess I just thought the Clips were starting to turn the corner. They did have a pretty good team a couple years back [for 1 year] I thought they could have been good last year and they had a legit chance at competing for a playoff spot this year but no more. Now they threw away two of their best players for another disgruntled 'star' who will leave at the first opportunity he gets. Guess I should have known better.
    Last edited by Devientz; 07-09-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    if that was legit, its interesting how $20M can change one's opinion.... honestly, I would have probably done the same thing. Thats a freaking lot of money.
    Unfortunately, Elton Brand may not win anything now. He had a much better chance of going pretty far with the Clippers alongside Davis and Kaman. Who does Philly have that is great at their position? Miller is good but he is no where close to Davis. Kaman is WAY better than Dalembert. Iggy is really overrated and way too inconsistent sometimes. I have seen him play worse than Thornton at times.

Fortunately, 76ers still aren't over the cap limit with Brand's contract. They can still try to get 1 more free-agent if they wanted to. I am surprised Davis didn't wait to see what Brand does. He agreed to the contract with Clippers way too early. He could have signed with the 76ers. Sixers had the bird-rights to Iggy so they could have theoretically signed Davis first for 10-11 million and then signed Iggy afterwards. Sixers would have been past the cap-limit but with a starting lineup of Davis/Iggy/Young/Brand/Dalembert, it would have been sick in the east. Hell, they could have tried to see if some team wanted Andre Miller or one of their youngsters for a trade. Possibly Josh Smith to fill their SF position or even Ron Artest from the Kings? Sh*t, I would enjoy watching Davis/Iggy/Artest/Brand/Dalembert beat up the Celtics.

shhhhhhh

Two things that occured to me today on this whole mess

first where has elgin baylor been through all this? we have heard zilch out of him regarding this latest episode

and the second thing, who's ever going to send dunleavy a text message again? for two days now he keeps talking about the text messages he saved... no agent or player discussing a contract is going to take that chance...

with last years war of words between sterling and dunleavy, now elgins silence i can't belive dunleavy is too long for the clippers for much longer... if they don't produce this season i can see him looking for work this time next year

i'd post this in the clippers forum but they are a little touchy over there right now

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Two things that occured to me today on this whole mess

first where has elgin baylor been through all this? we have heard zilch out of him regarding this latest episode

and the second thing, who's ever going to send dunleavy a text message again? for two days now he keeps talking about the text messages he saved... no agent or player discussing a contract is going to take that chance...

with last years war of words between sterling and dunleavy, now elgins silence i can't belive dunleavy is too long for the clippers for much longer... if they don't produce this season i can see him looking for work this time next year

i'd post this in the clippers forum but they are a little touchy over there right now
    I feel bad for Clipper fans (the actual fans, not the Clippers)... and I can understand them being touchy. Its a frustrating roller coaster ride and they were on the brink of something special.

Folks like qrich are good people and its a shame that organization cannot sustain a positive direction for that team. I do strongly believe that it is what I have called for years "the sterling effect."

shhhhhhh

I do strongly believe that it is what I have called for years "the sterling effect."
    you know back in the days of the gold rush, people would flock to some new area to seek their fame and furtune and alot of them spent weeks and weeks amassing a pile of ore which would turn out to be nothing but Fools Gold... we in LA get the same thing from the Clippers only it's a pile of Fools Sterling

you know back in the days of the gold rush, people would flock to some new area to seek their fame and furtune and alot of them spent weeks and weeks amassing a pile of ore which would turn out to be nothing but Fools Gold... we in LA get the same thing from the Clippers only it's a pile of Fools Sterling
    Honestly, both the Clippers and Lakers would benefit if the Clippers were to move out. It's a shame that Clippers are stuck in LA as the "other team" because Sterling doesn't want to spend more money. Hell, I am sure one of the other cities is willing to build a whole stadium for them if they are willing to move. I doubt Sterling will have to pay full money for a new stadium. Just look at Las Vegas. They want a nba team badly and it is a rich city with rich people. I am sure they can afford to build a decent new stadium for the Clippers. I just wonder if the market in Las Vegas would be as big as Los Angeles. Probably not but is it worth being the secondary team that very few people give 2 sh*ts about?

HAHA @ Fools Sterling.... nice!!!

shhhhhhh

latest salvo fired from brand camp

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3483045

"Mike and I have had a good friendship for 20 years," Falk said. "[But] Mike has acknowledged that he and Elton were having a private dialogue, which is illegal and a violation of the collective bargaining agreement for teams to do that when they know he has a registered agent. I wouldn't expect [Cleveland Cavaliers vice president] Danny Ferry, who's a former client, or [Denver Nuggets vice president] Rex Chapman, who's a former client, or [Charlotte Bobcats president] Michael Jordan to be negotiating behind my back. I think it's unethical. "

I feel bad for Clipper fans (the actual fans, not the Clippers)... and I can understand them being touchy. Its a frustrating roller coaster ride and they were on the brink of something special.

Folks like qrich are good people and its a shame that organization cannot sustain a positive direction for that team. I do strongly believe that it is what I have called for years "the sterling effect."

Bump.... I was a visionary.... the sterling effect is strong.

Da Mavs

Bump.... I was a visionary.... the sterling effect is strong.

Wow I haven't seen you in these parts for years...like 4 or so. I'm sure you've been here (I've been on and off) but last I recall was when you made that new forum. In any case, nice to see ya.

NBA All-star

Default Re: The kids down the hall

There HAS to be like a Kevin McHale effect right?

Right?