Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Form a ****ing wall DetroitPiston's Avatar

Default Andre Drummond = Freak of Nature

Against the Bucks, he put up 8 points, 11 rebounds, and 2 blocks.

And did all this in 17 minutes. Needless to say, I'm happy he went to the Pistons.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Andre Drummond = Freak of Nature

Yes he is an absolute diamond in the rough. As soon as he gets some offense this team will have to be reckoned with.

Was hardly in the rough.

He looks like Javale McGee with better basketball instincts, some natural skill, and not a peanut brain.

i really hope he explodes into a superstar in a few years, i love his game

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Would love to see this dude get big minutes next year and break out. Love the way he goes about the game.

Why is'nt he starting already?, he's ROY material

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Obviously there is a good reason he's not playing more minutes. Anyone who has watched the team a lot want to explain why?

every two weeks somebody makes a thread about drummond, and when people ask about why he doesnt get more playing time, every time, Rake responds and says that his conditioning isnt good enough for him to play much more minutes.

i presume that this is still the case.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Obviously there is a good reason he's not playing more minutes. Anyone who has watched the team a lot want to explain why?
    One of my theories for his lack of playing time is that they're trying to keep him grounded. From the games I've seen, it's pretty obvious that he should be getting 25-30 minutes (fouls permitting) a night based on his talent level alone. The issue with Drummond is more a question of his motor. If they give him too much too soon, how do they know he'll keep striving to improve? The main reason he slipped in the draft was due to his questionable work ethic & I guess they're trying to make him earn every second he gets out there.

Hopefully he'll form some good habits & be the next dominant force inside. The NBA needs one.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

He is what Greg Oden was supposed to be.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Conditioning, free throws, foul trouble, tanking.
    his conditioning has been better since early in the season and he is capable of more minutes, free throws are a rough point but that will get better with experience, fouls have not been a problem at all for him which is surprising because he attacks on defence. I think his low minutes are more to do with coaching than anything else.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPiston

And did all this in 17 minutes. Needless to say, I'm happy he went to the Pistons.
    ahem. 4 blocks
    and almost threw down a sick dunk off an off the backboards pass as well. dude is already the best 2 way piston. love his rapport with bynum. drive the lane and throw it up for the big man.

I even liked it when he tried to handle it a bit more. kid is way less raw than I expected based on the limited UConn games I watched and all the scouts/projections. Great touch around the basket, really well position for crashing the boards, still gets beat on D/makes mistakes, but damn. what a stud

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPiston

pretty sure he had 4 blocks tonight

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    conditioning may be part of it. He definitely asked out of the game (in the last month) after playing 10 minutes straight (pretty much the longest frank had played him in a stretch). A lot has to do with frank liking a stretch 4 (even maxiell has been pretty money with his 18 fter this season) and thinking he and monroe are both better at the 5. Pistons powered had an interesting post showing two best players (by winshare) for every team and how much they play together. Pistons were monroe and drummond and every other teams two "best" players play together 8 times as much as us ()

The other possible issue is frank trying to keep him away from the rookie wall (same general thing as conditioning I suppose).

They are so much better with him in on D, even with the occasional errors/overplay he makes.

Very few big men move with the effortless grace he possesses. Very excited as a pistons fan

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

"We needed a SG to be that final piece to puzzle. Drummond just wasn't a fit to our playoff goals. I'm glad I picked Ross and then outbid Bryan Colangelo for Derozan. When it comes down to me or me in a bidding war, I'll always win."